Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    I'm not too sure what her role will be at this point. Though I'm interested in finding out, I'm hoping Capcom keeps most of the new stuff underwraps. I don't think she'll be a playable character though.
    Yeah, I doubt she's going to be playable. In fact I can see you having to find/chase her for half of the Scenario because she'll be important to some sort of cause.

I'm not actually sure how I feel about the Scenario as a whole. It's great that we know so little (for now) but something about it just bugs me.

Comment

I just hope the last chapter involves Ada, she HAS to be explained, what are her intentions and so on, and sherry... well... she can be in the game too

Comment

Ada and Sherry... if Capcom really wants a clean start with RE6 they need to give a closure to those two characters' stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
          Ada and Sherry... if Capcom really wants a clean start with RE6 they need to give a closure to those two characters' stories.
          Yeah. If there IS an RE6, it should be about Ada and Sherry. They're all that's left of the old storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            Yeah. If there IS an RE6, it should be about Ada and Sherry. They're all that's left of the old storyline.
            Well I sort of agree. Plus it would be nice to have some RE3-style epilogues in that game, with what the hell happened with all the support characters (Barry, Rebecca, Carlos, Ark, Bruce, Sheva, etc.)... Then I'll be ready for the reboot.
            Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-26-2009, 04:46 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
              Well I sort of agree. Plus it would be nice to have some RE3-style epilogues in that game, with what the hell happened with all the support characters (Barry, Rebecca, Carlos, Ark, Bruce, Sheva, etc.)... Then I'll be ready for the reboot.
              That would be great. I'd love to see some Epilogues. For the fanboys and fangirls of said characters, though...nothing will ever be enough, unless they all get their own full-length game.
              Last edited by Vector; 08-26-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                Plus there is no reason she can't be in a bonus mission. Ada and HUNK were in the UC bonus missions.
                I'm fairly certain that Ada and HUNK were in UC because, at the time the game was created, Capcom did not have a sequel for the game on their mind and including them seemed like a logical choice since there wouldn't be an opportunity in the future. (Which, honestly, is a travesty, in my opinion. I wish they would retcon Ada's UC scenario and redo it in DSC, but it ain't gonna happen. As far as HUNK's scenario in UC... so pointless.)

Also, keep in mind that 90% of Umbrella Chronicles was recycled material. They had everything they needed for an Ada and HUNK scenario: environments from Outbreak and character renders from RE4. Capcom jumped at the opportunity to create more scenarios while still having to do very little work.

Darkside Chronicles is more organized than UC. It hasn't even been released, but already we can see that every aspect of it has been improved since its predecessor. Better acting, better characterization, better pacing, etc. Sorry, but this time around, Capcom is not going to throw in extra scenarios just because they have Jill and Rebecca's old character models stored away on their computers.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                I dream about this every night, fo realz.

Comment

I stand by my opinion that every resident evil character needs to die or STFU

RE6 needs a new story and cast of characters. Theres no reason any existing characters should return, in my opinion. Sure an epilogue would be nice however.

I still love them, but I want a compelling story. If they keep rehashing characters, it will stagnate.

Comment

Not if they do a good job with the story.

RE has the potential to keep a flow. Introduce new characters with the returning ones. And once those storylines start to finish up, you use the remaining characters while introducing even newer ones, until you have a shift from one "group" to the next. That way it's changing and coming up with something new, and for the people following it from the start, it's a gradual change but still something familiar. A total revamp would just be :/ for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                      Not if they do a good job with the story.

RE has the potential to keep a flow. Introduce new characters with the returning ones. And once those storylines start to finish up, you use the remaining characters while introducing even newer ones, until you have a shift from one "group" to the next. That way it's changing and coming up with something new, and for the people following it from the start, it's a gradual change but still something familiar. A total revamp would just be :/ for me.
                      Trufax in this post. I couldn't agree more. I don't mind new characters. I absolutely love Sheva, and I have no problems with new characters entering the series, but to do a complete overhaul without a shred of familiarity would be very disheartening to me. I always want a connection to the original storyline of the series. Always. And, the logical way to do that seems, as Yzak just said, to introduce new characters with old.
                      Last edited by Bianca; 08-26-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I, too, would miss my favorite characters, but I can see the necessity of getting them closure. There's a reason why games like Final Fantasy do so well in series characters. Aside from when SE puts them together in games like Dissidia, they all remain different games. Capcom and RE already have a difficult time trying to keep up with their own main characters. Consistency and character development aren't exactly a strong suit for the series. True, they are getting better, but perhaps its a bit too late. Only time will truly tell.

Considering we don't even know what is going to be in store for RE6, it is rather premature to start casting doubts.
                        Last edited by Bertha; 08-27-2009, 12:04 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                          I stand by my opinion that every resident evil character needs to die or STFU

RE6 needs a new story and cast of characters. Theres no reason any existing characters should return, in my opinion. Sure an epilogue would be nice however.

I still love them, but I want a compelling story. If they keep rehashing characters, it will stagnate.
                          I disagree. To me and many others, Resident Evil would simply not be Resident Evil without Jill, Chris, Claire, Leon, Wesker, etc. Most of the new characters Capcom has introduced in the newer games (RE4, RE5) have been horribly lame. I'm not suggesting that they never introduce new characters, just that they are introduced as side characters alongside the characters we know and love.

And to derail this thread just a little bit, what happened to Barry? We don't know where Barry is! Seriously though, Capcom literally just forgot about the guy. They have to know that people want to see him in a new game!
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

While it would be interesting, I can see why they wouldn't do anything with Barry. I actually like how they don't, because of the type of character Barry is. He has a wife and kids, and they were threatened by Wesker in the first game just to get Barry to do what he wanted. It was too great a weakness for him, and for his character I can understand why he wouldn't want to get into a situation like that again, God forbid the next time around something bad actually happened to his family.

He has ties. Characters like Chris and Jill don't have spouses or children. Chris has Claire, yes, but Claire is a woman, not a child, so that can't be compared the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              I, too, would miss my favorite characters, but I can see the necessity of getting them closure. There's a reason why games like Final Fantasy do so well in series characters. Aside from when SE puts them together in games like Dissidia, they all remain different games.
                              And that's a big reason why Final Fantasy X-2 gargled huge donkey balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                                While it would be interesting, I can see why they wouldn't do anything with Barry. I actually like how they don't, because of the type of character Barry is. He has a wife and kids, and they were threatened by Wesker in the first game just to get Barry to do what he wanted. It was too great a weakness for him, and for his character I can understand why he wouldn't want to get into a situation like that again, God forbid the next time around something bad actually happened to his family.

He has ties. Characters like Chris and Jill don't have spouses or children. Chris has Claire, yes, but Claire is a woman, not a child, so that can't be compared the same way.
                                I understand, but I'd at least like to know what happened to him. Did he retire? Where did he and his family move to?

Also, what about Rebecca? We assume that because she was only 18 at the time of the Arklay incident, she probably got out of that line of work and lived a normal life. But I'd like to know for sure.
                                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X