Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 356

Thread: Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In Jill's Panties
    Posts
    2,602

    Default Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

    Ok well I don't wanna keep accidentally derailing the news topics so I'm just gonna make this discussion topic here.

    I think, that there is every possible reason that Jill could be in DSC. The fact that capcom made there "Mistake" means she is on there minds. Why would she be on capcoms minds more than Chris? Maybe she has a role in the game. That's just what I think anyway.

    Plus there is no reason she can't be in a bonus mission. Ada and HUNK were in the UC bonus missions. I think the 4th scenario ought to be Claire and Sherry though.

    But still Jill should be in a bonus mission as well as Rebecca, and Barry too, it's about time he got another appearance.

  2. #2
    #42 Majini Dark_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    I think playable characters in DSC will be Claire, Leon, Steve, Chris, Krauser in main scenarios and Wesker, Hunk, Ada in bonus missions and maybe Krauser after his "dead"

    Resident Evil 2: Claire, Leon
    bonus missions: Ada, Hunk

    Resident Evil code: Veronica: Claire, Steve, Chris
    bonus missions: Chris(at Rockford island), Wesker

    "South America": Leon, Krauser
    bonus missions: Krauser
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 08-26-2009 at 05:22 AM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In Jill's Panties
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    I think playable characters in DSC will be Claire, Leon, Steve, Chris, Krauser in main scenarios and Wesker, Hunk, Ada in bonus missions and maybe Krauser after his "dead"
    I don't know why Jill and Rebecca cannot possibly be in this. But if Chris has an appearance then so can everyone else.

    I'm still not sure about Chris. It's still possible that he's only in a cutscene. I mean he was already revealed, why deny him being playable? It makes no sense unless it's true that he's not playable.

  4. #4
    #42 Majini Dark_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    we have to wait on TGS.....

    and Chri is the one who kill Alexia, so he must be playable
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 08-26-2009 at 05:25 AM.

  5. #5
    #11 Zombie albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    132

    Default

    IMHO...
    Darkside Chronicles is a game focussed on familiy/love matters more than Umbrella ambitions. RE2 and RECV had lots of familiy/love matters. I don't see how could Jill fit on this kind of story since along with Chris she is one of the most plain characters in the series. Don't misunderstand me, it's not a bad thing, it's just Capcom didn't explore in their personality too much and I don't think doing it in a game based on Leon and Claire is a good moment to exploit Jill backgound story and personality.

  6. #6
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    The only reason Chris is in the game is because the CODE: Veronica scenario would fail even more than the RE3 one. He's likely only there for the last sections of the CV stage once Steve kicks the bucket.

    Jill or any other S.T.A.R.S member would just be milking those characters. There is no good reason for them to be there, even in a small subsection. Plus they've outright said Jill will not be present in the game. Since they're not Games Workshop I think we can likely take them at there word for that. It's not even like scares supposed to be in RE5, since they could at least say, 'Well I found it scary...' Any subsections should be given to characters that are in some way involved in the game. Like Rodrigo fighting his way to the prison to release Claire or, in a crazy and shocking move by Capcom, a totally new character that adds a previously unseen aspect to the story. I doubt that will happen though.

    It's pretty obvious that what we see in the character list they sent is not the complete listing. But we know, for certain, there is no Jill and I doubt any of the other S.T.A.R.S members either. The only one I could accept is Barry, in a supporting character role, since he was left out of UC. The others have no business here.

  7. #7
    #37 El Gigante BadWolfX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hull, England
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    As soon as I saw the word Jill I sighed and very nearly facepalmed. They made a mistake, it doesn't mean that she's in the game or on their minds. It's been said time and time again that Jill doesn't fit into the game and neither do Barry or Rebecca so it's very unlikely that they'll have scenarios. You really do need to drop this, after six or so pages in the main thread it's just tiring now. I thought this thread was going to be about the Girl-With-No-Name.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In Jill's Panties
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post
    IMHO...
    Darkside Chronicles is a game focussed on familiy/love matters more than Umbrella ambitions. RE2 and RECV had lots of familiy/love matters. I don't see how could Jill fit on this kind of story since along with Chris she is one of the most plain characters in the series. Don't misunderstand me, it's not a bad thing, it's just Capcom didn't explore in their personality too much and I don't think doing it in a game based on Leon and Claire is a good moment to exploit Jill backgound story and personality.
    Firstly I disagree about the personality thing. And also why is Jill the only protagonist excluded in family/love matters? I'm pretty sure she has a close relationship with Chris. Like I said before an early BSAA or Anti Umbrella mission with them, focusing on them, would be great for both characters. I think it's a perfect opportunity to do so. It's not as if this is a main series game anyways. It's an on rails spin off. Have as many characters and scenarios as you can and get as much development as you can.

    Having every character in the game, Except for Jill and Rebecca my two favorites really pisses me off. Especially since I think this theme would fit Jill nicely. Moreso than Leon anyway. But oh he's in RE2 he has to be in it. Gah!

    Not that I dislike Leon, I think he's cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Jill or any other S.T.A.R.S member would just be milking those characters. There is no good reason for them to be there, even in a small subsection.
    I don't think any RE character except Wesker has come close to being milked, any new appearance is a good one. Because it gives them more development. Plus Jill and Chris on a mission together as partners would fit right in with the family/love matters theme. I mean, you don't just jump off a cliff for anyone do you. And you don't go to the ends of the earth to find someone either unless you love them.

    Claire and Sherry = Mother Daughter relationship.

    Leon and Ada = Obvious sexual attraction.

    Chris and Claire = Brother and Sister.

    Claire and Steve = Sexual attraction and affection. Lust.

    Leon and Krauser = ??? Friendship?

    Claire and Leon = Partners? Old friends.

    Jill and Chris = Male and Female friendship, possibly more.

    See, fits in perfect, more so than others that are in the game.

    If Sergei can be in UC, there is no good reason for any character to not appear in DSC.

    Would it really kill the game to have them there? It's not as if they are gonna be standing around doing nothing. There are plenty of directions it could go.

    And Rebecca's fanbase has been wanting another appearance with her for a long time. How you could say her being in it is milking them I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadWolfX View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about the Girl-With-No-Name.
    It is, it's about all characters in DSC. Or possibly in them. You can talk about her too.

  9. #9
    For British Eyes Only
    aris13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missvalentine View Post
    Having every character in the game, Except for Jill and Rebecca my two favorites really pisses me off.
    IIRC Jill and Rebecca don't appear in RE 2 and RE CV, so there is no real reason for them to be in the game. We also know that the original scenario of the game will feature Leon and probably Krauser. That means that Rebecca and Jill can't make an out of the fucking blue appereance in DSC.
    Last edited by aris13; 08-26-2009 at 09:07 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    we have to wait on TGS.....

    and Chri is the one who kill Alexia, so he must be playable
    Don't bet on it, you know what Capcom are like screwing around with the story. Chris will be playable though, he's the RE poster boy.

  11. #11
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    The way I see it, and the way I've always seen it, was that Umbrella Chronicles was Jill, Chris and Wesker's game(RE1, RE3, the Russian scenario) and Darkside Chronicles is Leon and Claire's game(RE2, C:V, South American scenario) and the other characters in the game were and are just ancillary. Their scenarios were tapestry. Extra.

    I don't see need for a new Chris/Jill scenario because RE5 wrapped up their storylines pretty well, however, I could see that, following the popularity of RE5(sales. Not reviews. It sold a lot of copies) there could very well possibly be a Chris/Jill BSAA mission that took place somewhere in the early 2000's. Hell, that canon comic where they encountered Wesker in the small European village could be it. I hope it isn't, though.

    Also, missv, I think you took that press release and blew it WAY out of proportion. One slip-up of Jill and all of a sudden she's in a game that had NO prior hints of her whatsoever? One slip-up of Chris and all of sudden he's not playable in a game that he plays a pretty vital role in? Common sense tells us that Chris will be playable, and Jill will probably not be in the game.

    Playing through the second half of Code: Veronica without Chris would really be pretty sketchy...considering that Steve is dead, Claire is by herself, Alexia needs to be defeated and oh yeah, there's a guy they call Wesker who still has to have a fistfight showdown with a guy called Chris. Leaving this to cutscenes alone would be pretty stupid.


    As for Rebecca...no. She's gone. She's not gonna be in this game. That I can almost guarantee you. This argument belongs in the Rebecca topic, but I'll just say what I've been saying for a while: she's a chemist. She's a medic. A doctor. She's not a fighter. Putting her into another zombie conflict would really, really be reaching.

    As for Sherry...I don't know. Like Rebecca, it's been over ten years in the RE universe since we've seen her. Last we saw her, she was a scared 12 year old little girl. Who the hell knows what happened to her? I hope she's not playable, because that would probably mean she got the super-soldier treatment just like nearly everyone else in the series. Like every other Resident Evil fan, though, I would absolutely love to know what happened to her. Barry? Not so much. He has a cult following, but he still was just a secondary character in ONE game(and RE3's good ending). I really don't care if I never see Barry again. He'd be almost 50 years old by the events of RE5, and Sherry is much more important to RE's overall storyline.



    TL;DR: Chris/Jill scenario? Possibly, but hopefully not.
    Press releases = lol
    Code: Veronica = Chris and Claire
    Rebecca = lol
    Sherry = surewhynot
    Barry = SANDWICH

  12. #12
    Sadistic Medicine
    Bertha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    The only reason Chris is in the game is because the CODE: Veronica scenario would fail even more than the RE3 one. He's likely only there for the last sections of the CV stage once Steve kicks the bucket.

    Jill or any other S.T.A.R.S member would just be milking those characters. There is no good reason for them to be there, even in a small subsection. Plus they've outright said Jill will not be present in the game. Since they're not Games Workshop I think we can likely take them at there word for that. It's not even like scares supposed to be in RE5, since they could at least say, 'Well I found it scary...' Any subsections should be given to characters that are in some way involved in the game. Like Rodrigo fighting his way to the prison to release Claire or, in a crazy and shocking move by Capcom, a totally new character that adds a previously unseen aspect to the story. I doubt that will happen though.

    It's pretty obvious that what we see in the character list they sent is not the complete listing. But we know, for certain, there is no Jill and I doubt any of the other S.T.A.R.S members either. The only one I could accept is Barry, in a supporting character role, since he was left out of UC. The others have no business here.
    Quote Originally Posted by aris13 View Post
    IIRC Jill and Rebecca don't appear in RE 2 and RE CV, so there is no real reason for them to be in the game. We also know that the original scenario of the game will feature Leon and probably Krauser. That means that Rebecca and Jill can't make an out of the fucking blue appereance in DSC.
    And yet here we are again....with the same argument people beat nearly to death with a stick in the original thread MissV derailed when he began this argument. As both of you and many others have repeatedly stated: There is no logical reason for Jill or Rebecca especially to just randomly be thrown into the game. They had their screen time in UC. So what if it sucked? They still had it. DSC is about Leon, Claire, and their connections. Much to MissV's dismay that means Chris as well.

    From Capcom Europe...

    JILL NOT IN RETDC

    Sorry, but as the more alert of you will have already realised Jill Valentine is not in Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles as stated in the last e-mail we sent you. The playable characters in the game are Leon S. Kennedy, Claire Redfield & Steve Burnside.
    Apologies for any confusion.
    Capcom's European PR Team
    Claiming that Chris is overexposed, and yet bitching that Jill isn't in yet another game is the very essence of hypocrisy. Across the board Jill has been in more games in and out of the series, sometimes clearly in full fanservice mode (ex. Pachislot machine). DSC contains a game and a character Chris is strongly connected to. Nothing we've seen so far, or that has been hinted at yet, has any relevance to Jill or Rebecca. Darkmoon's point of adding them in just for the sake of it would very much be character milking.

    I'd say the most we'll see about Jill will be in the extras. Capcom has already stated the game, like UC, will contain collectables and such. Jill will most likely be mentioned there since just about everyone had some sort of file in UC.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadWolfX View Post
    As soon as I saw the word Jill I sighed and very nearly facepalmed. They made a mistake, it doesn't mean that she's in the game or on their minds. It's been said time and time again that Jill doesn't fit into the game and neither do Barry or Rebecca so it's very unlikely that they'll have scenarios. You really do need to drop this, after six or so pages in the main thread it's just tiring now. I thought this thread was going to be about the Girl-With-No-Name.
    Sadly, since I knew who started the thread, I knew it wasn't going to have any sort of logical discussion such as that. I too, would like a discussion on the new female and her possible role in the game. So what's stopping us from discussing it here?

    I'm not too sure what her role will be at this point. Though I'm interested in finding out, I'm hoping Capcom keeps most of the new stuff underwraps. I don't think she'll be a playable character though.
    Last edited by Bertha; 08-26-2009 at 11:59 AM.

  13. #13
    Cunt Agent
    News Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Belfast, Ireland
    Posts
    6,098

    Default

    I think, that there is every possible reason that Jill could be in DSC. The fact that capcom made there "Mistake" means she is on there minds. Why would she be on capcoms minds more than Chris? Maybe she has a role in the game. That's just what I think anyway.
    You assume that more than one PR officer wrote that press release.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

  14. #14
    Boulder Incident Witness
    Mr_Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missvalentine View Post
    I don't know why Jill and Rebecca cannot possibly be in this. But if Chris has an appearance then so can everyone else.


    I can't believe you're STILL using this argument, that IF Chris is in the game THEN everyone could be there too. In that thread about new DSC trailer everyone have told you exactly WHY Chris is in the game (short version: without Chris CV has no sense) and yet you're here, with yet another thread, with the same problem, deaf to facts and logic.

    By the way, am I the only one to find it funny that the title says "Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion" and yet we're talking (once again) about Jill and Rebecca (but mostly Jill) - characters that at the moment are nowhere near being in DSC?
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 08-26-2009 at 12:45 PM.

  15. #15
    #26 Yawn Yzak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Jill and Rebecca are not magically tied to Chris. So using the logic of "they can be in it if Chris is" means like. IDK Barry or Brad could just as plausibly be in it. Seriously, CV scenario. Chris was in CV. It's not that hard to get without speculating whoever else is going to be in the game.

    Also the mistake is a really easy one to make. The people you have typing those things up aren't hardcore RE fans. But probably familiar with Capcom's franchise, thus know some of the characters' names. It was a goof up, not Jill ~being on the minds of all~. :/

  16. #16
    #37 El Gigante BadWolfX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hull, England
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    I'm not too sure what her role will be at this point. Though I'm interested in finding out, I'm hoping Capcom keeps most of the new stuff underwraps. I don't think she'll be a playable character though.
    Yeah, I doubt she's going to be playable. In fact I can see you having to find/chase her for half of the Scenario because she'll be important to some sort of cause.

    I'm not actually sure how I feel about the Scenario as a whole. It's great that we know so little (for now) but something about it just bugs me.

  17. #17
    #30 Birkin Type 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    823

    Default

    I just hope the last chapter involves Ada, she HAS to be explained, what are her intentions and so on, and sherry... well... she can be in the game too

  18. #18
    Boulder Incident Witness
    Mr_Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Ada and Sherry... if Capcom really wants a clean start with RE6 they need to give a closure to those two characters' stories.

  19. #19
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    Ada and Sherry... if Capcom really wants a clean start with RE6 they need to give a closure to those two characters' stories.
    Yeah. If there IS an RE6, it should be about Ada and Sherry. They're all that's left of the old storyline.

  20. #20
    The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Yeah. If there IS an RE6, it should be about Ada and Sherry. They're all that's left of the old storyline.
    Well I sort of agree. Plus it would be nice to have some RE3-style epilogues in that game, with what the hell happened with all the support characters (Barry, Rebecca, Carlos, Ark, Bruce, Sheva, etc.)... Then I'll be ready for the reboot.
    Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-26-2009 at 05:46 PM.

    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •