Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
    Does nobody remember Leon running frantically into a house, barricading it while swearing and generally looking quite panicked?
    I do. I also remember, unlike everyone else seems to, that 99% of Leon's one-liners are to human antagonists, and usually only to Salazar and Saddler. He never says these things to the 100% non-human creatures.

I'm starting to think linking the various cutscenes in RE4 would clear up alot of the RE4 hate...

EDIT: About 7:30 in... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42eMlt5Irzk
    Last edited by DarkMemories; 09-29-2009, 01:59 PM.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
      I do. I also remember, unlike everyone else seems to, that 99% of Leon's one-liners are to human antagonists, and usually only to Salazar and Saddler. He never says these things to the 100% non-human creatures.
      He says it to Salazar once he's the giant freak monster, and I'm sure if they made cutscenes for the enemy intros, he'd have something to say. Usually it's just in-game that they appear though, or a quick cutscene showing how they enter the area.

Also, "Where's everyone going? Bingo?"

Comment

• Salazer is still pretty human when he's transformed (as in, you can see his actual body and hear him speak), which is why I didn't feel it constituted a difference.

Also, "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" is spoken when it's just him, and in the context of the battle that had just taken place, it sounds like he said it to relieve the tension.
        A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I took the Bingo line as a sort of sarcastic comment on how one second everything is intense, life or death action and the next second everyone left and all is calm.

Comment

• "Got gum."
            "No thanks, bro!"
            "I don't ever remember being a part of your crappy script."
            "Forgot the name, huh? A senior moment, perhaps?"
            "No thanks. I've got prior engagements."
            "Hey Hunnigan... no glasses!"
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Sooo... I guess its too much to ask for at least a file in this game explaining what happened to Rebecca? I've already thrown all hope out the window for an extra scenario with her since thats obviously not going to happen. Do you think capcom will at least let us know via a file or SOMETHING or do you think they have completely forgotten?

- Bitter Rebecca fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
                Sooo... I guess its too much to ask for at least a file in this game explaining what happened to Rebecca? I've already thrown all hope out the window for an extra scenario with her since thats obviously not going to happen. Do you think capcom will at least let us know via a file or SOMETHING or do you think they have completely forgotten?

- Bitter Rebecca fan.
                Since this game has absolutely nothing to do with her, the answer is probably no.

I've always went with the theory that both Rebecca and Barry just got as far away from Raccoon City as possible and went on with their lives. Rebecca was 18 years old during the events of the mansion incident, and being really smart with medicine I seriously doubt she would have continued down the "must fight Umbrella" path.

I want to know what happened to Carlos. That guy was born to fight, and I doubt he would just walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  "Got gum."
                  What the heck is wrong with this line? Luis asked for a cigarette, Leon didn't have one so he offered a healthy alternative.

Comment

• Claire_Darkside: His dad tried to blow the whistle on Umbrella corporation activities and got killed along with his wife, Steve's mom.
                    I didn't really catch the odd wording of this until a friend pointed it out to me, but does anyone think this is possibly a mistake? In CVX, Steve says his dad tried to steal and sell Umbrella information, not try to unveil their real doings.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it will really bother me if they change this. I don't see the point in changing his father's motives, either to make him sympathetic or whatever. A good portion of Steve's bitterness was based off of his father's greed and selfishness. To take that away would remove the core of Steve's tragic aspect, and I can't see him actually being angry at his father for trying to be a "good guy." It just ruins a lot, so I hope this is a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      I didn't really catch the odd wording of this until a friend pointed it out to me, but does anyone think this is possibly a mistake? In CVX, Steve says his dad tried to steal and sell Umbrella information, not try to unveil their real doings.
                      Yeah that's definetely a mistake, Steve mentions that his father was selling Umbrella info to another organization. Capcom probably changed it because they wanted Steve's dad to come off "good".
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm hoping it's a mistake on this Twitter campaign and not something that they've changed in Darkside Chronicles. It'd really bother me if they rearranged that, for the reasons I listed before. I mean, I know they are going to change things around, just as they did in Umbrella Chronicles, but something like this seems to do more harm than good, at least in relation to Steve's character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                          What the heck is wrong with this line? Luis asked for a cigarette, Leon didn't have one so he offered a healthy alternative.
                          Leon doesn't smoke in general and never has. Having nicotine gum (primarily used to get OFF smoking cigarretes) is just stupid.

Though personally I always thought Leon was joking. He had neither.

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                          I'm hoping it's a mistake on this Twitter campaign and not something that they've changed in Darkside Chronicles. It'd really bother me if they rearranged that, for the reasons I listed before. I mean, I know they are going to change things around, just as they did in Umbrella Chronicles, but something like this seems to do more harm than good, at least in relation to Steve's character.
                          I'm pretty sure its just a minor error or an on-purpose in-character mistake on Claire's part. It also says that Steve's dad was killed along with his mom which is just blatantly incorrect, evidenced by Darkside itself.

That, and "blowing the whistle" still works if its to another organization.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 10-04-2009, 03:30 PM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• True that.

All right, I feel slightly better now. Hopefully it'll all stay intact in the game. Thanks for the input, guys.

Comment

• Leon doesn't smoke in general and never has. Having nicotine gum (primarily used to get OFF smoking cigarretes) is just stupid.

Who said anything about nicotine gum? He just said gum. Maybe he had a thing of Juicy Fruit for all we know.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                I have to agree. It's not that the line itself was bad, but rather Leon's cocky delivery of the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X