Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely cannot see Jill being in this game--nor should she be. She was in a good amount of Umbrella Chronicles, and took up more than she should've, honestly. She was only absent in a few scenario's, like Death's Door, Nightmare, Train Derailment, and Dark Legacy; she was basically in everything else, so I seriously doubt they'll put her in this game.

I really look forward to seeing more from Krauser, though. I want to see exactly they were doing in South America. I know they were fighting B.O.W creatures, but still. Not only that, but the revamped scenario for RE2, which is totally different from the original. Leon had got hurt by Annette, as we see--but Claire was there after the fact, which we don't see in the original. I wonder how it's all going to play it, as in who's going to confront Chief Irons, and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I disagree...having Jill in the game could have a neagtive effect. Something else would have to be sacraficed to include her scenario.
      It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

And I don't think any of the effects would be negative. To me, positive is more likely.

And Ive gotten my point across anyway. So I don't need to retype it in another thread.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Anything that follows this rule is doomed to fail.
      But every game series follows that. If it makes money, more games are made, spin offs are made. It wont end, till it stops making money.

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
      Jill is happy in MvsC2 right now. As for new scenarios regarding her, use your imagination. Writing, music, visual art, graphics, custom games, nothing's stopping you from realizing Jill in a new and different way. Sure it won't correspond with the series canon (and haven't you already dismissed DSC as "non canon?"), but I'm sure it beats dealing with the lack of Jill.

I never got what everyone wanted to know about Ada. We know that she opposes Wesker and Krauser, and she helps Leon and Luis...that's not enough? RE5 completely punted her acquisition of a control plaga out of significance. For all we know she sells it (which wraps up how Wesker got it in a package), and she's living off that money on a mysterious yet beautiful island, periodically emerging to fuck Leon.
      I do. I write fan fics when I have a bit a free time. But seeing her in a game is a lot more fun than in a fan fic.

Also I completely agree about Ada. Ive never been the slightest bit interested in her. And I always tend to accidentally forget her. I don't think she sucks or is not well written. I just, don't get the appeal of her. I don't really think she needs her own game. Separate ways was enough. And maybe another appearance with Leon would be good. But not her own game.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
        It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

And I don't think any of the effects would be negative. To me, positive is more likely.

And Ive gotten my point across anyway. So I don't need to retype it in another thread.
        ...what? So, as long as Jill is in the game, you couldn't care less if we loose something like, 'What happened to Sherry?' or 'Who exactly is Ada working for?' or 'Who stole Leon's personality?' You know, you're taking your fandom a little too seriously. I'm starting to think the whole reason you think RE2 is overated is it lacks Jill.

You would actually have a scenario where Jill shows up, kills some stuff, goes, 'Yes, we'll still keep fighting! Into our fifites and beyond!' and then go rather than having something that actually adds to the storyline. That's just wrong in so many ways. Remember, since Jill has no place there, that's what any mission she has would amount to. At best she might find some important information that explains why Leon is in South America or something. There will be no character development for Jill, of course. You honestly might as well paste a Jill skin onto Claire for the CODE: Veronica segments and you'd get exactly the same level of Jill development.

I know she's your favourite character. And I'm now completely aware that you can't even begin to be objective about her. I mean...hell, do you even know who my favourite RE character is? I'm certainly not saying we need to replace a scenario is DSC to get more of them in there, and nor is anyone else with there characters. Spencer isn't demanding Nicholai be there. Chris fans are screaming out for Chris to be in more than the last part of the CV scenario. And here's you, a lone voice wailing in the night, that it would be better to screw up some of the small pieces of new story we're getting so you can see Jill in a game again.

Honestly? I'm kinda creeped out at this point.

I'm also going to insist you stop with the Jill in this topic. She is the only character in the series who has been confirmed to not be in this game, and as such the only character we shouldn't really be talking about in this topic...and yet, here we are, trying to tell you that just because she's your fav character doesn't mean every RE game has to have her. As the main character. Who does everything. Kinda like Alice.

If you continue to derail this thread I'll give you infractions for Spam. And I mean for each post in this topic that mentions Jill. And for Spam I give 1 point for the first post, two points for the second...etc etc.

Comment

Yeah so anyway then guys. Now that we have Chris confirmed, does anyone have any bets on how much longer until we get either a trailer or a new batch of screencaps that shows off something with him vs. Wesker? 8D

Comment

Probably not too long. On the plus side, we'll likely only see a couple of bits from the new scenario and sub chapters...so the new story bits won't be spoiled. I can live with knowing Wesker beats up and mocks Chris (and that had better stay the same...same as Wesker getting his ass handed to him by Alexia) if I don't know that he's going to appear in the South American section as well to be man handled by Super Awesome Ninja Agent Leon. Which I really, really hope doesn't happen.

I am intruiged to see how many new characters we get. I can see something like Marvin fighting in the RPD as being fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
              Yeah so anyway then guys. Now that we have Chris confirmed, does anyone have any bets on how much longer until we get either a trailer or a new batch of screencaps that shows off something with him vs. Wesker? 8D
              I think TGS 09 would be perfect place for the new staff
              Spoiler:

Comment

I'm guessing there'll be two more trailers...one at TGS, and one final 'release' trailer, like RE5 had(the one that showed a lot of Irving, and the unmasking of Birdwoman). In one of these two trailers, I think they'll tease either Krauser or the Chris vs. Wesker fight at the end of C:V...but hopefully not both. If I had my way, they'd show nothing, and the awesomeness would be left for surprises when the game comes out -- unlike in RE5 when 80% of the game was shown in trailers.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                Also I completely agree about Ada. Ive never been the slightest bit interested in her. And I always tend to accidentally forget her. I don't think she sucks or is not well written. I just, don't get the appeal of her. I don't really think she needs her own game. Separate ways was enough. And maybe another appearance with Leon would be good. But not her own game.
                That's nice that you're not interested in her(go figure), but she's one of the last two 'loose ends' that need tying up. Unlike Barry and Rebecca, Ada was a side character who came back in another RE game (RE4 -- whether it was forced or not is up for debate) and unlike other side characters, she has a direct tie to Wesker, possibly Tricell, and her 'Organization' that she works for. Actually, it's tough to tell who the hell she works for, what her motives are, just what she's been doing and why she's been doing it, behind the shadows all along. THIS is why she's an important character that deserves more fleshing out...much more important than some of the more 'popular' characters like Barry, who is a cult favorite whose claim to fame is a line about sandwiches.

Ada Wong...and Sherry Birkin -- the last two loose ends in Resident Evil.
                Last edited by Vector; 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  Make them three. Steve's story never got a closure.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    Make them three. Steve's story never got a closure.
                    He died, his story sort of ended with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                      He died, his story sort of ended with him.
                      That's debatable because Wesker mentioned that he may come back to life......
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        They also never told us what happened to the Merchant

Comment

He blew up on Saddler's island, along with his Merchant brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                            That's debatable because Wesker mentioned that he may come back to life......
                            I'm never sure what to make of that line. I always thought Wesker had said it to taunt Chris or Claire somehow since I doubt Wesker would bring him back unless he became the Tyrant....thing he turned into again. The only person we've known to come back from the dead is Wesker and I doubt he'd share the Virus with anyone, let alone Steve.

I'm pretty sure I didn't make sense there.

Comment

Ada's ties are insignificant. Her organization may have had "the" or a control plaga, but by RE5 Wesker has it, enhances it, and duplicates it. How great is this elusive organization's sphere of influence now? What are they going to do, start another outbreak?

Plus, I don't know the RE3 epilogues' canonicity (especially not in relation to RE4/SW), but funnily enough Ada's implies that her name and identity are distinct from her work. Like HUNK, she may well be a mercenary.

From a character point of view, I don't think this makes sense. Ada is defined by her air of mystery. I don't know where the line between "character development" and "inconsistency" is drawn, but I prefer Ada to be enigmatic.
                              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I agree with Guard house here.

Ada should stay a mystery, it's part of her character. Like HUNK, I want to know but also don't want to know about her. I fear that capcom will stuff it up and completely demystify the character.

I'm happier not knowing everything about her. Ada is meant to be a mystery. Id rather her stay one too. She can have more appearances, but I hope they don't uncover to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X