Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    Why would Alfred's diary, which gives the March 3rd date of Alexander's transformation, skip a year ahead for the very next entry of April 22nd, where Alfred describes Alexia telling him that she will undergo a fifteen year cryogenic sleep? Or are you saying that Alexia waited a year after Alfred's entry to do so?

Alfred's diary (the relevant portion is italicized):

January 30th
    There's a sealed room in the
    hallway located inside of the
    Antarctic facility. I don't
    know what is hidden there, but
    I do know how to get in.
    I can use the three jewels that
    each one of our three family
    members wear as proof of being
    a legitimate descendant of the
    Ashford family. The only problem
    is, I do not know how I can gain
    possession of my father's proof.

February 17th
    I finally succeeded in entering
    that sealed room. I never could
    have imagined that such an insane
    secret existed regarding the birth
    of both Alexia and myself...
    I hate my father. That fool,
    Alexander... Now it is obvious
    that we were merely created in
    an attempt to cover my father's
    blunder. I can never trust him
    again. I must regain the glory
    of the Ashford family with my
    sister.
    I have nothing to be afraid of,
    as long as Alexia is with me.

March 3rd
    Alexia carried out the experiment
    on the human body that we've
    been talking about. Our useless
    father must be happy now, since
    he can finally contribute to
    the Ashford family.
    The only thing we should be
    careful about is that the
    butler, Harman, does not
    become wise to our activities.

April 22nd
    The experiment resulted in failure.
    Our father was useless after all.
    Even worse, he turned into a
    dangerous monster that is
    competely out of control.
    We tied him down and locked him
    up in an underground prison cell.
    However, Alexia seems to be close
    to a solution. Beyond all my
    expectations, she now says that
    she wishes to conduct the
    experiment on her own body.
    On top of that, she feels she
    must be kept asleep for 15 years
    in order to accomplish the
    experiment. Thanks to that idiot,
    I can't see my dear Alexia for as
    long as 15 years.
    Alexia is going to sleep, with all
    of her trust relying upon me.
    Now, I am the only one who can
    protect Alexia.

Again, no year is given. However, it is a more logical to assume that's it been 15 years rather than the 16 it would take if we go by RE5's (taken, again, directly from Archive's timeline) information.

I'd much rather believe logical assumptions about CVX based on CVX information than rely on RE5's timeline that borrows mostly from the often inept Archives book.

If you can provide an alternative to my proof not from RE5 or the Archives that shows the year as 1982 rather than 83, I'd be glad to hear it.
    Give me a valid point why not. You're the one with something to prove, not me. I've provided canon evidence of the year of Alexander's death. Yours is based on assumptions, not facts. RE5 is a canon game which states, quite clearly, Alexander died in 1982. Brushing it off as "oh, it probably came from Archives, so it's not that important" is absolutely ludicrous. Provide me with an explanation as to why RE5's files are not canon, and why Alfred wouldn't have written a diary entry a year later when a lot of CVX's files are years apart, spanning from the initiation of the CODE: Veronica project to Alexia's slumber. And not just an explanation, but proof, because this argument of "they probly took it from archives so it dun count" is making my head hurt.

Comment

• The "History of RESIDENT EVIL" file is indeed largely taken from the Archives.

The timeline displayed during the loading screens however, isn't.

There are two more Japanese timelines, one from the official Umbrella Chronicles site and the Biohazard CHRONICLE from the Biohazard 5 Kaitashinsho strategy guide. Not only do these state the year Alexander was killed, they also state the month. March 3rd 1982. Archives does not even state the date.

The next entry in both also states when Alexia went into her cryogenic sleep, which was December 27th 1983.

The video is a blatant discrepancy. Nothing more.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        The "History of RESIDENT EVIL" file is indeed largely taken from the Archives.

The timeline displayed during the loading screens however, isn't.

There are two more Japanese timelines, one from the official Umbrella Chronicles site and the Biohazard CHRONICLE from the Biohazard 5 Kaitashinsho strategy guide. Not only do these state the year Alexander was killed, they also state the month. March 3rd 1982. Archives does not even state the date.

The next entry in both also states when Alexia went into her cryogenic sleep, which was December 27th 1983.

Yeah, what he said.

Another point worth noting is that the Butler's Letter states that Alexander (and Alexia) went missing before Alfred became the head of the Ashford family. Alfred became the head in April 1982. Alexia's disappearance is easy enough to work out, because she would have been doing intense research on the T-Veronica virus following the failed test results on Alexander. This is yet another piece of evidence to prove Alexander was not alive in 1983. If you're going to continue this debate, you have to put some proof on the table because everything in the series so far proves he was dead in 1983.
        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-01-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Not that I don't believe you about those two timelines, but could you provide their locations for me?

If you can, we could finally put all this to rest.

Note: I never said the video wasn't a descrepancy; the video is dated December 25th, 1983, so it would be wrong either we it was looked at. I stated this in my first post. I wasn't arguing Darkside's canonicity, but merely that CV heavily implies all of these events take place in 1 year that was most likely 1983 and never really states 1982, as was suggested.

Peace.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Not that I don't believe you about those two timelines, but could you provide their locations for me?
            I did.

Here's the Biohazard CHRONICLE (which also contains entries that are not in any of the other timelines): http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5425/98081574.gif

And the Umbrella Chronicles one: http://projectumbrella.net/media/ima...icles-Timeline

I have a translation of the UC one if you want. However for the CHRONICLE I translated a handful of entries by hand, matching up the kanji with certain words or phrases to verify what was in it. Alot of the info in it is new, such as the founding date of Umbrella, March 1968.
            Last edited by News Bot; 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post

It wouldn't be a Capcom game if there wasn't any discrepancies, now would it?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                Not that I don't believe you about those two timelines, but could you provide their locations for me?

If you can, we could finally put all this to rest.

Note: I never said the video wasn't a descrepancy; the video is dated December 25th, 1983, so it would be wrong either we it was looked at. I stated this in my first post. I wasn't arguing Darkside's canonicity, but merely that CV heavily implies all of these events take place in 1 year that was most likely 1983 and never really states 1982, as was suggested.

Peace.
                No it doesn't. If DSC is correct, it means that Alexia would have had to go in her chamber less than 2 days after she first tested on Alexander, and that's assuming she experimented on him directly after that video was made. That would probably give her a day to run some results and prepare herself for her cryostasis. There just is not enough time. It doesn't work.

Also bear in mind my previous point, CV DOES say Alexander disappeared in 1982, as it states he went missing before Alfred became the family head. So that's three games, all putting the date to 1982. I think this debate is sufficiently resolved.
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• It is an interesting argument. If you disregard the re5 timeline it does make more sense to assume that Alexander did die in march 1983. There is other evidence, as it is stated numerous times within the Archives that Alfred took over as head of the family after alexander dissappeared when he was aged just 12, which means 1983. Also, some transcriptions of WR2 Dec 1983 entry state that Alexia is still probably suffering from the death of her father less than a year earlier.

But i too have japanese cvx guidebooks and it does say he died in 1982 and other translations of WR2 state that 'he died a year earlier' so i'm gonna have to sit on the fence on this one.

The DSC video is a shocking error on capcom's part though. Perhaps they will somehow change it for the final release or perhaps the video is some kind of elaborate hoax set up by Alfred and Alexia to cover up the experiment on Alexander and make people believe that he is still alive.

BTW, News bot, i'd be interested in seeing a translation of the UC timeline if ur willing to post it, also is the other one from the Bio5 official guide?
                  Last edited by TheBatMan; 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                    No it doesn't. If DSC is correct, it means that Alexia would have had to go in her chamber less than 2 days after she first tested on Alexander, and that's assuming she experimented on him directly after that video was made. That would probably give her a day to run some results and prepare herself for her cryostasis. There just is not enough time. It doesn't work.

Also bear in mind my previous point, CV DOES say Alexander disappeared in 1982, as it states he went missing before Alfred became the family head. So that's three games, all putting the date to 1982. I think this debate is sufficiently resolved.
                    I don't know what you were on when you made the first paragraph, but I never said it would work. Again, I flat-out stated DSC was wrong no matter what timeline/source was used.

News Bot, I meant the URLs, which you so generously posted. Sorry for not making that entirely clear. Also, I would be very interested in reading the English translation for that UC one.
                    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• BIOHAZARD
                      -UMBRELLA CHRONICLES-

Official timeline translation by Welsh [Sun, Oct 12, 2008]
                      Site URL: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

SCENARIO
                      History of Biohazard

1960~
                      ---------

-Raccoon City-
                      Engineer Michale Warren begins electrification of Raccoon City.

-Umbrella-

-The Other-
                      Edward Ashford, 5th generation master in the Ashford family, commences a search for the [hidden?] Progenitor Virus.

--------

-Raccoon City-
                      Lord Oswell E. Spencer commissions architect George Trevor to design and build a mansion.

1967 Nov.
                      ---------------

-Raccoon City-
                      The mansion (Arklay laboratory) has been finished in the Mt. Arklay in the suburbs of Raccoon City.

-Umbrella-
                      Oswell E. Spencer, James Marcus, Edward Ashford et al. have found the Progenitor Virus. A human experiment is conducted on George Trevor's wife and child(ren) in the mansion.

Dec.
                      -------
                      George Trevor is weakened to death in the mansion.

-------
                      -Raccoon City-

-Umbrella-
                      Camouflage [3 kanji, 4 hiragana.] the Umbrella Corporation is established.

Jul.
                      -----
                      -The Other-
                      Edward dies from a(n) [?] accident with the Progenitor Virus. Alexander is installed as the 6th generation master in the Ashford family.

Aug.
                      -------

1969 Feb.
                      ---------------

Nov.
                      ------

-------

-------

-------

-Umbrella-
                      Albert Wesker and William Birkin are assigned to the executive training school as candidate executives.

1978 Jan.
                      --------------

-Umbrella-
                      James Marcus succeeds in developing "t-Virus."

1978 Jul.
                      -------------

-Umbrella-
                      The executive training school is decided to be closed. Albert Wesker and William Birkin are transferred to the Arklay Laboratory. William Birkin becomes the chief researcher and promotes the "t-Virus" project. James Marcus continues his own research.

1981 Jul.
                      ------------

-Umbrella-

-The Other-
                      Alexia Ashford graduates first from a famous university at ten years old. She is installed as the chief researcher at Umbrella Antarctic Laboratory.

-------

-The Other-
                      Alexia Ashford gives her father Alexander a virus "t-Veronica" of her own developing, but it ends in failure. It is officially announced that the sixth master Alexander has disappeared for some unknown reason.

Apr.
                      ------

-The Other-
                      Alfred Ashford is installed as the 7th generation master in the Ashford family. [12]

1983 Dec.
                      ---------------
                      -Umbrella-
                      Albert Wesker examines possibility of secondary infection of "t-Virus." He casts a doubt on Spencer's project.

-The Other-
                      Alexia Ashford gives herself "t-Veronica" and enters a 15 year cold sleep. It is officially announced that she has died from an infection accident.

-------

-Raccoon City-
                      Michael Warren is installed as the mayor of Racoon City.

-------

-Umbrella-
                      Wesker... B.O.W.

-------

-Raccoon City-
                      Raccoon City labs were created by Umbrella.

-Umbrella-
                      Nemesis is created in the European labs. William Birkin creates the G-Virus for Spencer. Wesker reports to Spencer on progress with the G-Virus.

-------

-Raccoon City-
                      Brian Irons joins Umbrella.

-Umbrella-
                      William Birkin arrives at Raccoon City and joins labs.

-The Other-
                      Alfred finishes a university degree, and goes to Rockfort Island's graveyard.

Quote:
                      [?] Moreover, the G-Virus that appears in Bio Hazard 2 is different from the T-Virus, Which has no effect on the virus' ability to revive the dead. Therefore, it seems that the graveyard zombies that emerge from the soil were revived because of "Progenitor Virus" research that is currently being conducted.

Dec.
                      ------

-The Other-
                      A BOW is created at Rockfort Island by the head office.

-------

-Umbrella-
                      Birkin and a friend (John) goes from the Arklay Mountain labs to the Chicago offices (of Umbrella)

Note: I think he means John is transferred.

-The Other-
                      Alfred goes back to Rockfort Island and starts working on a project.

-------

-Raccoon City-
                      The S.T.A.R.S begin investigating the Arklay Mountains case and Wesker coordinates it.

-Umbrella-
                      HUNK goes to Rockfort Island for training.

-------

1998 May.
                      ---------------

Jul.
                      -----

Aug.
                      -------

Sep.
                      -------

Oct.
                      ------

Dec.
                      -------

2003 Russia [Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles]
                      Its not the most accurate or the most complete, though a full translation should be completed sometime next month.

also is the other one from the Bio5 official guide?
                      Yeah.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 09-01-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• As i thought it looks to be very similar to the archives/RE5 file.
                        Interesting to note it labels George Trevor's death as December 1967, meaning they perhaps went with the original trevor's notes when he died december 7th rather than nov 30th

Thanks for posting mate.
                        Last edited by TheBatMan; 09-01-2009, 06:29 PM.
                        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                          The DSC video is a shocking error on capcom's part though. Perhaps they will somehow change it for the final release or perhaps the video is some kind of elaborate hoax set up by Alfred and Alexia to cover up the experiment on Alexander and make people believe that he is still alive.
                          That's what I'll have to believe if Capcom doesn't fix their error.

Has anyone bothered e-mailing Capcom about this? I doubt it would do much good, though...
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                            Interesting to note it labels George Trevor's death as December 1967, meaning they perhaps went with the original trevor's notes when he died december 7th rather than nov 30th
                            REmake mentions that the research team wrote down that he died Nov 30th. And yet Trevor himself wrote an entry in his journal after that date. So he was alive on Dec 1st.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Perhaps the research team just speculated that he would have died, due to him being trapped in the mansion with all the puzzles. Not a very professional research team if that is the case...
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• What i meant was that there are two versions of Trevor's Letters out there. The first being that he died December 7th, the other version being he died Nove 31st {which doesn't exist so it is put down as Nov 30th}

Trevor wrote his last entry in REMAKE in Nov 30th because there isn't a 31st day in november.
                                "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Working...
                                X