Ridiculous Moments in Resident Evil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous Moments in Resident Evil!

Got this idea from the Jill Discussion thread. No, this is not a place to debate what's the most ridiculous thing in the series. Simply to bring out every single silly moment in the game for everyone's enjoyment. Also, if you're gonna list from more than one game, try to limit it to a few so there can be more posts. Like so:

RE0:
    - Marcus the alto
    - Leech rejuvination therapy

RE2:
    - Um... That's a big alligator...

RE4:
    - Trap door, oh no! ...Wait, who needs physics anyway?

RE5:
    - Lava spa visit
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM.

RE2
    Bandages applied OUTSIDE one's clothing apparently work fine for bullet wounds.

Comment

RE0: whole game.....
      RE1/REmake: hmm nothing?!...
      RE2: Aligator, bandage, etc...
      RE3: ending...Capcom probably never heard about EMMA pulse
      RE4: well A LOT OF
      RE5: volcano ending
      REcVX: opening with superClaire
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
        RE3: ending...Capcom probably never heard about EMMA pulse
        Actually (if you're talking about the EMP where it disrupts electronics), there are helicopters that are immune to it. Ever seen Goldeneye?

...Wait, probably not the best thing to base my facts on...

Comment

yeah I was talking about EMP
          Spoiler:

Comment

Haha there's so many to name! I'll give it a shot, but I know I'm leaving stuff out...

RE0:
            - Somehow I doubt Billy and Rebecca could have "crouch-walked" across a moving train roof, considering the speed at which the train was moving.
            - The whole "magic elevator" topic; although I'm not sure which elevator (the turntable or the smaller one that connects to the training facility) is known as the "magic elevator." Either way, the factory area simply could not have been Birkin's lab from RE2. But that little elevator really messed things up.
            - On the train, how exactly did Edward Dewey jump into the train through the windows that were clearly 10 feet off the ground?
            - The hookshot. While not as unrealistic as Ada's/Leon's grappling guns from RE4, it's still a stretch (particularly when Billy uses it).
            - Leeches cannot form a collective mind.

Remake:
            - How exactly does Wesker "come back to life" with Birkin's magic virus after the tyrant impaled him in a manner that would have decimated most of his vital organs and, more importantly, severed his spinal cord?

Code Veronica:
            - As Jill's Boob mentioned in the other thread, how does Claire drop her handgun, manage to fall to the ground quicker than the handgun, and pick it up again to shoot at the explosive canisters in the intro cinematic?
            - How can Claire and Steve survive outdoors in Antarctica wearing the clothes that they were at the time? They would, in reality, quickly freeze to death.
            - The gulp worm fight (with Chris) always amused me, since the worm swallows Rodrigo before the battle and spits him out as it is dying, yet Rodrigo is still alive! You'd think after being in the gut of a 30-foot worm as it moved around constantly would be enough to kill Rodrigo, yet alone the fact that he would have easily suffocated in the worm's insides before he was spit out.
            - When Wesker punches Chris into the tank in the lab on Rockfort Island, the force would have broken Chris's back easily. This also goes for all the unrealistic "action scenes" where normal humans (Leon, Chris, etc.) take amounts of damage that would normally kill them. Another example from this game is when Steve shoots Alfred into that pit, yet he is still alive long enough at the bottom to crawl to Alexia's tube (if you lay out the maps on top of each other, the bottom of that pit is nowhere near Alexia's cryo-stasis room).

RE4 (there's a lot for this one):
            - Leon jumping out of second-story windows and landing without any damage is just plain stupid. The same goes for actually jumping through the glass of the windows, too. This obviously can also be applied to Leon jumping down 50-foot ladders and landing without breaking his legs and dying.
            - You would think that Leon would notice a bunch of guys on the top of a cliff just waiting to push a giant boulder on him, and act accordingly (like shooting them so that running from the boulder becomes irrelevant).
            - Ada's handgun-size grappling hook makes a mockery of physics.
            - I didn't know that crows carried currency in their pockets.
            - After Leon kills the Del Lago, the rope attached to the creature gets wrapped around Leon's leg and gets stuck. Based on the size of the creature, wouldn't the weight of it sinking to the bottom of the lake have pulled Leon's foot clean off, or, at the very least, tipped the boat over and dragged him to the depths?
            - Why would Leon choose to attack the Plaga on the El Gigante's back with a knife (after knowing that Plagas can slash him with their tentacles), and how exactly would he be able to simply run straight up its back?
            - In the lava room with the fire-spitting dragons, Leon would have died from the immense heat (the room was enclosed). This may also apply to the room in the mines where Leon encounters two El Gigantes.
            - When Leon falls into Salazar's "trap door" pit. Hilarious.
            - Leon's "super jump" in the mine cart section, as well as after the totally realistic "giant-stone-statue-come-to-life" chase. Completely ridiculous.
            - The knife fight with Krauser in 5-3. They have guns, why the hell not use them?
            - The laser corridor. Yeah.
            - When Leon jumps onto the hook after the U3 cage fight, he would have to be really heavy for the cable to swing as far as it did (as in, way heavier than he is).
            - Krauser's Deus-Ex spider bots always crack me up. Totally pointless.
            - When the helicopter arrives in 5-4, Mike pushes the water tower over with the nose of the chopper! Are you ****ing serious?!
            - Ada jumping off the final boss platform into a helicopter that waits below. Easily one of the funniest moments of the game.

RE5:
            - Wesker catching a rocket. I love it!
            - Chris and Sheva surviving a plane crash into an active volcano, and proceeding to run around crazily inside said volcano for several minutes. My favorite part is when Chris is on the sinking platform inches from the lava before grabbing onto the chopper!
            - Boulder punching.
            - The Irving sea monster never fails to get a laugh from me (particularly the 30-second transformation from man to bigger-than-blue-whale creature).
            - Jill surviving the fall from Spencer's creepy house with Wesker. Hell, how did Wesker even survive?!
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
              Remake:
              - How exactly does Wesker "come back to life" with Birkin's magic virus after the tyrant impaled him in a manner that would have decimated most of his vital organs and, more importantly, severed his spinal cord?
              There may be a point in contention with this, given Jill's Best Ending in Remake where Wesker doesn't get nearly his entire upper half impaled. But at the same time, I'm can't be sure because I never did play Umbrella Chronicles, if the requirement for the virus to actually work on the subject is for them to entire that "state of death." I'm not talking about it being mentioned in a cutscene in UC, but a considered "cannon" file.

Might go check RE5's library to see. . .
              sigpic

Comment

Jeez how is it possible that non one's spoke of the laser scene in Umbrella Chronicles?! The one in RE4 was pretty crazy, but having both Jill and Chris also be able to pull of a ninja death defying laser dodge hall scene without any injuries is just plain silly.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                  Jeez how is it possible that non one's spoke of the laser scene in Umbrella Chronicles?! The one in RE4 was pretty crazy, but having both Jill and Chris also be able to pull of a ninja death defying laser dodge hall scene without any injuries is just plain silly.
                  Granted, Jill just ducks and leaps forward... but Chris, man... seriously? I mean, Jill should've never made it either, but how in the hell did you get that high up in the air for a backflip, especially without momentum?

Umbrella Chronicles:
                  - Shooting chunks of concrete in the Gravedigger fight. Yes, because shooting debris that's the size of your torso is much better than simply moving out of the way.
                  - More of Ada's acrobatics, this time while she's supposedly badly injured. Damn, she must be good.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-04-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post

I honestly, to this day, still believe Shinji Mikami meant for the Re4 laser room to be a parody of the first RE movie. Like the same way Hideo Kojima had everyone's favorite pscyhotelepathy villian Psycho Mantis read your PS1's memory card and made you disconnect the controller from !P to 2P during the boss fight to beat him. It was meant to be a cute little "easter egg" of sorts to take you out the game. Hell, its not like it even looked like the actual laser room from the movie. Unfortunately, I think the majoirty of the RE fanbase took it the wrong way.

UC laser room though. . .*Sigh*. . .just another turd to add to that pile of shit. (Red Queen anyone?)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      Umbrella Chronicles:
                      - Shooting chunks of concrete in the Gravedigger fight. Yes, because shooting debris that's the size of your torso is much better than simply moving out of the way.
                      - More of Ada's acrobatics, this time while she's supposedly badly injured. Damn, she must be good.
                      I think half of what was in UC can be written off as utterly senseless. Adding to the list...without trying to repeat too many things...

UC:
                      -RE3 chapter.
                      -Small town Raccoon City has a subway. The maps of the city show it is clearly not a large town at all, so there's no need for it. And yet...despite never have been mentioned before, there's an underground transit.
                      -Ada manages to wake up from her unconsciousness in time to bandage herself, get a rocket launcher to Leon, escape a monster infested lab into a monster infested sewer all before said lab (which didn't have much time left to begin with) explodes.
                      -Next Ada manages to heal magically enough to perform said acrobatics, and escapes a city getting ready to be nuked while riding on the cargo of a helicopter.
                      -I never knew before that Hunters could survive in very, very cold temperatures.
                      -Laser room.

Zero:
                      Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                      RE0: whole game.
                      Enough said but just to elaborate on what hasn't been mentioned yet...
                      -Rebecca as a character.
                      -Rebecca surviving when other trained professionals do not.
                      -Billy "Oh I'm hand cuffed but the MP with me are all going to get attacked and killed."
                      -Leech Queen and the elevator at the end. I can't remember exactly how the elevator moved...but wouldn't the Queen have crushed any chains and such helping to move the elevator?

Re1/REmake:
                      -Chris, Jill, Barry, and Rebecca would have run into each other at least at one point during the game. However I know for the sake of the game's mechanics someone was omitted for each playthrough.
                      -"Zomg this door is locked. Let me run around an entire mansion solving puzzles to get a key because no training as a cop let me know how to break a door down, or at the very least shoot my way through."
                      -"This mansion is so dangerous. We should be careful." "Alright. Let's split up!" ...yes it covers more ground, but you'd think you'd want to have back up in a zombie infested house.

RE2:
                      -How the citizens of Raccoon City not know a huge, very expensive lab was built under their town? That lab wasn't built in a day...or even in a year. That thing took time and effort to built.
                      Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      RE2
                      Bandages applied OUTSIDE one's clothing apparently work fine for bullet wounds.

RE3:
                      -Jill's attire. I live in a Mid-Western town. September going on October is not miniskirt and tube top weather. There is no tactical advantage to her outfit, despite what some people might have suggested. It's early September now, and I've already seen people wearing light jackets.
                      -Brad comes back as a zombie...but wouldn't the tentacle spiked through his mouth have killed him? I'm pretty sure it was big enough to sever the spine, or at least cause some damage. This will probably be written off as the virus from Neme made him stronger.
                      -Dr. Carlos

CV:
                      -Jeans and a t-shirt are perfect for sub-zero temps.
                      -Super-Claire in the opening.
                      -Why didn't Claire ever warn Steve about Wesker? I don't seem to recall her mentioning him.
                      -How does Leon know how to get in contact with Chris? Or did Chris just randomly discover where Claire was and decide to go and save her? If Claire was origianlly contacting Leon for help...why didn't he just follow her to Europe to begin with?

RE4:
                      -lulz much of the entire game.
                      -Leon does very little to actually help protect Ashley. He's buying guns, yet at no point does he offer to give one to Ashley and show her how to use it (if only as a club). Or even let her carry herbs/sprays so she can heal herself.

RE5:
                      -Jet crash. Volcano ending. Just...no.
                      -Chris is surprised to see Wesker alive, yet he's looking for Jill. Why would he be surprised to see Wesker, a man he dropped beams on before, when it was Jill who was the supposedly normal human?
                      -Wesker has a super computer that can track anyone...why doesn't he just go and kill Chris when Chris is at home trying to sleep?
                      -Wesker, still with said computer, can't find Spencer on his own so he has to sell all his collected viruses for info?
                      Last edited by Bertha; 09-04-2009, 05:52 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Two things really stand out for me right now:

1. Richard Waugh's 'evil laugh' in Code: Veronica. "Ah, ah, ah, ahhh."
                        2. "Wesker...you are alive!"

Chris, Chris, Chris. You've always been a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Comment

RE1:
                          -Wesker: "Okay. Let me handle this." Say what you will about the cheesy lines, but seriously? Handle what?

RE3:
                          -Jill's one use anti-rocket face cream.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                            RE1:
                            -Wesker: "Okay. Let me handle this." Say what you will about the cheesy lines, but seriously? Handle what?

RE3:
                            -Jill's one use anti-rocket face cream.
                            The situation at hand.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Excella's "assets". . .

Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X