Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As someone said on YouTube, the music composer of Battlestar Galactica should be genetically cloned.
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Bear McCreary is a global treasure, yes. He did the Walking Dead sound track too.
      Last edited by Darkmoon; 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Matthew Sweet - Millennium Blues/If Time Permits/Beware My Love

One of two epic suites on his excellent "In Reverse" album.

Comment

• Let's resume this Bear lovin' madness and bring in some Dark Void music too;
          YouTube video:

(Returned to that game for some Survivor Mission action, since Microsoft/Capcom/Whatever finally fixed them)

Comment

• i've been on a stockholm death metal kick lately here's entombed left hand path

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_agMM4Czeo

Comment

• For Her Pleasure

Found Tiamat in my dad's collection of CD's and decided to give it a shot. Church of Tiamat,For Her Pleasure and Sympathy For The Devil are the best songs on this album. I'm not into the whole goth music but its pretty catchy.

Comment

• Coldplay - Clocks.

Love Coldplay long time.
                Last edited by Trent; 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM.
                Freedom of Information.

Comment

• The Cure - Killing An Arab

A Cure classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
                    Coldplay - Clocks.

Love Coldplay long time.
                    You and about 1% of the world lol. I hear nothing good of them.

Not my kinda music, though, I'm not trying to bash it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      You and about 1% of the world lol.
                      Just because 99 % of the world's population listens to Lady GaGa and Kesha, doesn't mean that Coldplay is crap. Their music is powerful and very emotional compared to the latter and former.
                      Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      I hear nothing good of them.
                      Could you elaborate?
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

99 % of the world's population
                        I lol'd. I'm sure 99% of the people in the world don't listen to Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. Maybe around 35%.

I said 1% because you and one other friend are literally the only people I know who say that you like Coldplay.

1% might be a bit dramatic though.

Originally posted by Trent View Post
                        Could you elaborate?
                        Yes. I hear a lot of people saying their songs sound a lot alike (Nickleback syndrome, and don't even get me started on Nickleback) and their songs are pretty much the same power-cords over and over again. Lyrics might be strong but people don't really listen to songs because of the lyrics, they're just a bonus to the music. As I said. I'm not bashing them. These are things I hear people say. Its not my kinda music no, but I give them respect because they're more known than me and my band.
                        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I lol'd. I'm sure 99% of the people in the world don't listen to Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. Maybe around 35%.
                          I was sarcastic.

35 % is a huge percentage by the way.

I said 1% because you and one other friend are literally the only people I know who say that you like Coldplay.
                          So you based your percentage from the people you know, great.

1% might be a bit dramatic though.
                          Obviously you've been living under a rock the last 11 years. The band started out in the year 2000 and made a big hit with their single "Yellow". So yes, 1 % is a very, very dramatic assumption.

Yes. I hear a lot of people saying their songs sound a lot alike (Nickleback syndrome, and don't even get me started on Nickleback) and their songs are pretty much the same power-cords over and over again. Lyrics might be strong but people don't really listen to songs because of the lyrics, they're just a bonus to the music. As I said. I'm not bashing them. These are things I hear people say. Its not my kinda music no, but I give them respect because they're more known than me and my band.
                          So you based your opinion from the people you know, great.

They sound nothing like Nickleback. The songs are not the same.

Lyrics might be strong but people don't really listen to songs because of the lyrics, they're just a bonus to the music.
                          And that, is why, I have lost all faith in humanity today.
                          Freedom of Information.

Comment

Love Coldplay long time.
                            You disappoint me.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Just because 99 % of the world's population listens to Lady GaGa and Kesha, doesn't mean that Coldplay is crap. Their music is powerful and very emotional compared to the latter and former.

Could you elaborate?
                              Originally posted by Trent View Post
                              I was sarcastic.

35 % is a huge percentage by the way.

So you based your percentage from the people you know, great.

Obviously you've been living under a rock the last 11 years. The band started out in the year 2000 and made a big hit with their single "Yellow". So yes, 1 % is a very, very dramatic assumption.

So you based your opinion from the people you know, great.

They sound nothing like Nickleback. The songs are not the same.

And that, is why, I have lost all faith in humanity today.
                              Yeah I did do the percent by the people I know. I don't know everyone in the world. Thus thats also why the 35% is off too.

Youtube has supplied me with all I need of Coldplay. I listened to Yellow and didn't care for it.

If humanity has failed you by people not liking lyrics to a song you have very very very low standards. And by saying that, you're pretty much saying that instrumentals don't have emotion to them.

I'm reading you're post as if you're mad that someone on here doesn't like Coldplay. I don't care if anyone likes Coldplay. Hell no one on here besides me like NIN and 2 or 3 other people like Tool or A Perfect Circle but I'm not mad about it. Different strokes for different folks.

You're basing the whole world as if everyone likes Lady Gaga and Ke$ha so you have no right to say anything about my percentage of people who hate Coldplay.
                              Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 01-20-2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Youtube has supplied me with all I need of Coldplay. I listened to Yellow and didn't care for it.
                                You can't judge a band from one song. They've released 7 albums, and Yellow isn't even my favorite.
                                If humanity has failed you by people not liking lyrics to a song you have very very very low standards. And by saying that, you're pretty much saying that instrumentals don't have emotion to them.
                                So you don't have low standards when you say that lyrics aren't important in a song, they're just bonus? Actually, you sound like those teen agers these days that only care for the beat in songs. If I were to guess, you like listening to Lady GaGa and Kesha because they're so catchy.
                                I'm reading you're post as if you're mad that someone on here doesn't like Coldplay. I don't care if anyone likes Coldplay. Hell no one on here besides me like NIN and 2 or 3 other people like Tool or A Perfect Circle but I'm not mad about it. Different strokes for different folks.
                                I'm not mad about it, I'm just providing an argument for your "1 %" assumption.
                                You're basing the whole world as if everyone likes Lady Gaga and Ke$ha so you have no right to say anything about my percentage of people who hate Coldplay.
                                You started it by providing your provoking percentage.
                                Freedom of Information.

Comment

Working...
                                X