Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to now/your music taste?

"Speak Like A Child" - The Style Council

#14 Drain Deimos BioHazardBlade's Avatar

GWAR - Ham On The Bone

lol I love GWAR

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast And The Harlot

... hey Niko, you might like these guys.

I would, but I'm not a phony goth who shops at hot topic and buys into the theme!

That means no, I don't.
    But I do like the song Chapter 4.

OUCH! Careful there.

I'm not a phony anything, and if you could even still classify me as "goth" (due to always working now, I never have time to wear my trench or any of my metal band t-shirts), I'm definitely old-school and definitely real.

I'm understanding what you mean by fakeass mallrat goths that think because they wear those huge pants with all the straps and rings and shit hanging off them that they're magically "hardcore" or "goth". And yeah, I've been to hot topic a few times, they have a good selection of cool t-shirts. Case and point, I got 3 out of 5 of my RE t's there.

Anyways, I figured since you appreciated a lot of the old school metal I'm into, you'd like A7X. I'm going to go be a poser and listen to KMFDM and Laibach on my way to work.

But AX7 ISN'T oldschool metal. It's the hardcore/scremo whiney "go shop at hot topic" false metal. My friends played a show at this coffee house where they were the ONLY good band there, where everyone else came in trying to be hatebreed and AX7 and they didn't get an OUNCE of respect because they didn't growl half the words and whine the other half. Also, they didn't have the word "broken" in their bandname and every song wasn't tuned to open C without moving off the first three frets of the E string.
    Last edited by Nikovich; 08-09-2005 at 03:42 PM.

War Horse Uranium

My bands better than your band because they are HARDCORE!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Life is short guys, Why argue about bands? :rolleyes:

I'm not arguing about bands. Niko doesn't like any kind of new music, and I do. We're just making flavourful conversation.

I definitely hear where you're coming from on bands not getting any respect for not being "hardcore" because we have the same problem. My band is emo/punk/screamo, we never did hardcore right in the first place so we've taken that edge off our style. And I never cared for hatebreed. But dude, I pirated the new A7X cd and there are some WICKED guitar riffs on some of the songs and I really like about 3 of them. I don't like their singer, but I love some of their instumental stuff and some of their breakdowns. I'm using Adobe Audition right now to take the vocal track out of "Strength of the World" beacuse that song kicks ass but the vocals get annoying. But anyways, I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm 'a go shut up and hook up my new 500 watt 5-channel Pioneer surround sound. I have way too many speakers. Eighteen speakers. God I love me.
    Last edited by BioHazardBlade; 08-09-2005 at 10:59 PM.

I don't know what you do that limits your expectency Dot, but life is LOOONG. If we have enough time to post on a forum in the first place, what else are we going to discuss?

That's the main reason I like Chapter 4, the guitar riff sounds very much like one from a good video game song, but the rest of it just doesn't make up for the genre. And I do like certain kinds of new music, just not the kind that suck.

Queen of Blades

Default What are you listening to now/your music taste?

After talking to Gradon loads about music and songs I'm listening to, I thought I'd make a topic about it. My music taste in general is trance, but I can easily listen to most types of music and like it. At the minute I've listened to;

Enter Shikari -Anything can happen in the next half hour
    Bananarama - Venus
    Ayla - Ayla (Kevin and Perry Go Large OST)
    Safri Duo - Played A Live
    Lost Brothers - Cry Little Sister.

PRETTY HATE MACHINE

Im into mostly into Metal and Industrial

in the past hour ive listened to

1.Great Big White World-MM
    2.Rock Is Dead-MM
    3.Head Like A Hole-NIN
    4.Count To Six and Die/Hate Anthem-MM (live)

Really digging the new Enter Shikari album, there's some complete belters on there.

Deftones, Rage Against The Machine and Funeral For A Friend are my favourite bands of all time. My life would be so very different if it weren't for Funeral, i've no problems admitting that.

Whilst guitar based stuff (nothing in particular in that bracket, i have a lot of indie, punk (and it's variants) and metal on my iPod) is my biggest love, since i moved away my tastes have had to diversify a little bit so i'm listening to a lot of Lethal Bizzle, Tieso and Deadmau5 amongst other things.

Optic Camouflage

I have that fucking Three Doors Down song that's on all the Geico commercials stuck in my head.

"PLEASE
    WOULD YOU ONE TIME
    LET ME BE MYSELF, SO I CAN SHINE
    IN MY OWN LIGHT
    LET ME BE MYSELF
    FOR A WHILE"

But, as usual, I'm listening to Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park, Thrice and Paramore.

Fantastic Bullet For My Valentine video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFzqC...om=PL&index=45

The Rolling Stones
    The Who
    Queen
    Aerosmith
    The Beatles
    The Animals
    Lenard Skynard
    Led Zeppelin

As of recently, I can't stop listening to Poets of the Fall's "Carnival of Rust"

#40 Left Hand

Existance.//ZIP A remix of Compression of Time and The Extreme, the remix is off Dwelling of the Duels - of the songs mentioned from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack. I really like it, and it suits with my playing of Dissidia now.

Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

#14 Drain Deimos

I am into Hiphop/Rap/RnB

#23 Prototype Tyrant Gideon Quinn's Avatar

Without wanting to sound like i'm blowing my own trumpet, i seem to have the most diverse/eclectic music taste out of the people i know. I can listen to anything from Morbid Angel and Napalm Death through to Aphex Twin, Faith no More, Athlete and Dalek. I grew up listening to rock and metal and my favourite bands were Deftones, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus, NIN etc, but nowdays i just listen to anything that sounds good. Music is entirely relative to the listener, so there is no true good or bad and as long as an artist performs their music with passion then i really can't discredit them. The only kind of artists (If you can call them that) i have a real disdain for are the ones who write music for the lucrative 'ringtone royalties' market, churning out bad crunk single after bad crunk single as more of a business and industry venture than a work of art. The sad thing for me is that the mainstream music charts seems to be all but entirely dominated by these "artists".

Anyway, here's my most listened to albums lately...

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
    Stomacher - Sentimental Education
    Thrice - Beggars
    Why? - Alopecia
    Solar Fields - Movements
    Blackfield - II

#48 Executioner
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

Thread Information