Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im into mostly into Metal and Industrial

in the past hour ive listened to

1.Great Big White World-MM
    2.Rock Is Dead-MM
    3.Head Like A Hole-NIN
    4.Count To Six and Die/Hate Anthem-MM (live)

Comment

Really digging the new Enter Shikari album, there's some complete belters on there.

Deftones, Rage Against The Machine and Funeral For A Friend are my favourite bands of all time. My life would be so very different if it weren't for Funeral, i've no problems admitting that.

Whilst guitar based stuff (nothing in particular in that bracket, i have a lot of indie, punk (and it's variants) and metal on my iPod) is my biggest love, since i moved away my tastes have had to diversify a little bit so i'm listening to a lot of Lethal Bizzle, Tieso and Deadmau5 amongst other things.

Comment

I have that fucking Three Doors Down song that's on all the Geico commercials stuck in my head.

"PLEASE
        WOULD YOU ONE TIME
        LET ME BE MYSELF, SO I CAN SHINE
        IN MY OWN LIGHT
        LET ME BE MYSELF
        FOR A WHILE"

But, as usual, I'm listening to Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park, Thrice and Paramore.

Comment

Fantastic Bullet For My Valentine video here...

I dont know why, but i was watching the Bullet For My Valentine stream from Graspop (was on just an hour or so ago) and this happened.I am still laughing abo...

Comment

The Rolling Stones
            The Who
            Queen
            Aerosmith
            The Beatles
            The Animals
            Lenard Skynard
            Led Zeppelin

Comment

As of recently, I can't stop listening to Poets of the Fall's "Carnival of Rust"

Comment

Existance.//ZIP A remix of Compression of Time and The Extreme, the remix is off Dwelling of the Duels - of the songs mentioned from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack. I really like it, and it suits with my playing of Dissidia now.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I am into Hiphop/Rap/RnB

Comment

Without wanting to sound like i'm blowing my own trumpet, i seem to have the most diverse/eclectic music taste out of the people i know. I can listen to anything from Morbid Angel and Napalm Death through to Aphex Twin, Faith no More, Athlete and Dalek. I grew up listening to rock and metal and my favourite bands were Deftones, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus, NIN etc, but nowdays i just listen to anything that sounds good. Music is entirely relative to the listener, so there is no true good or bad and as long as an artist performs their music with passion then i really can't discredit them. The only kind of artists (If you can call them that) i have a real disdain for are the ones who write music for the lucrative 'ringtone royalties' market, churning out bad crunk single after bad crunk single as more of a business and industry venture than a work of art. The sad thing for me is that the mainstream music charts seems to be all but entirely dominated by these "artists".

Anyway, here's my most listened to albums lately...

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
                    Stomacher - Sentimental Education
                    Thrice - Beggars
                    Why? - Alopecia
                    Solar Fields - Movements
                    Blackfield - II

Comment

Tha Realest - Punished (Feat. Terror Twinz / Twin INC)
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Most of it is from the 80s and 60s. Post-punk, dream pop, shoegaze, psychedelic, pop, etc. Every other style or another that I listen to I don't care to keep track of. For one thing I love female vocalists, so much so that the tunes sometimes get a little sugary.

Lately I haven't been listening to a lot of music though. Some video game BGM here and there.

Comment

Right now...Voltaire. Feathery Wings to be exact. Lately, it's been Voltaire, A Perfect Circle, and The Seatbelts (You should know them as those guys who did the music for Cowboy Bebop).

Comment

Yoko Kanno composes such a variety of music, it's great. Blues or jazz influenced stuff doesn't come as easy to me because I only like to a smattering of each genre. Nonetheless Kanno composes great tracks for Maaya Sakamoto to sing.

Comment

Nirvana
                              Sex Pistols
                              Pearl Jam
                              Metallica
                              David Bowie
                              The Clash
                              Talking Heads
                              Michael Jackson
                              sigpic

Comment

I like to think my taste in music is somewhat varied. Rock, Pop, J-Rock, J-Pop, Soundtrack Stuff (Video games, Musicals, TV Shows etc).

I tend to avoid Rap and RnB like the plauge though. I hate the genre.

My Last.fm will give a better coverage on the music I like then I can myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X