Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
    I've only heard The Sprout and the Bean by her but I love her. I really should listen to some more songs by her.
    I can't say I'm into her other stuff. I've yet to listen to Ys but from what I've heard of Newsom's debut, I don't like it. I think "colleen" is altogether a bigger and richer song.

Comment

Current track;
      Beautiful by Ami Suzuki

Comment

Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over.

When I first got the album I didn't like it that much. There were some good tracks but nothing that really stood out but then I just left it on repeat for a while and it really grew on me, it's an amazing album.

Comment

Right now...I'm really big on listening to Trish Trang, Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki. I found my old J-pop cd a friend burned back when I was still in high school.

One of Trish's best songs I think is Crossing Over. Lie to Me is lovely as well. For Utada...Kremlin Dusk and Hotel Lobby. Distance and First love are also very beautiful.

I really...would marry Trish or Hikki if laws allowed it.

sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I don't think i'll be able to take Chicane seriously after butchering Hoppipolla...
            As far as electronica goes, I picked up Ikebana by Zero Cult today. Very nice album.

Comment

Electronica is something that's quite foreign to me. I listen to bands with Moogs and other synths and electronic instruments but I wouldn't consider any of it electronica. Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                Right now...I'm really big on listening to Trish Trang, Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki. I found my old J-pop cd a friend burned back when I was still in high school.
                Hikki! I love Utada Hikaru, although I find her English albums to be a little....disappointing. Exodus was okay but This Is The One was terrible and the few songs I like from it and major guilty pleasures.

She really is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                  Electronica is something that's quite foreign to me. I listen to bands with Moogs and other synths and electronic instruments but I wouldn't consider any of it electronica. Any recommendations?
                  Hmm, it really depends. I'm not one for genre limitations, so some people may call me a blasphemer for referring to Solar Fields/Aphex Twin/Amon Tobin as Electronica. But yes, any of those are good starting points. Aphex Twin is more leftfield and experimental, Solar Fields seem to navigate between downbeat ambience and fast paced trance. If you've played Mirror's Edge then you might recognise some of their music, as they did the soundtrack. Amon Tobin is a sampler and creates rediculously complex soundscapes through sampling different kinds of music so that's great too.

On the topic of Japanese artists, my favourite band happen to be Japanese. They are called Mono and they play beautiful, soaring, dynamic instrumental music that has the ethereal highs of classical orchestral, the ambient drones and twinkling guitars of post rock, and the celestial lows of doom/sludge. They are easily the best live band i have ever seen and strongly advise you guys to check them out! They are starting a US tour at the end of the month so check out their myspace to see if they have a show near you. You won't experience anything quite like them, i promise

Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/monojp
                  Live vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogyJ9YszC8

Other notable Japanese bands i like include Boris, Envy, World's End Girlfriend, Melt Banana, Merzbow etc... I'd like all of these if they were from any other country too, but in bands like Melt Banana's case i don't believe they'd be the same if they were from America or England or something. It adds to the charm and eclectic nature of their music.

Oh, and Boris opened for Nine Inch Nails on their latest US tour so a couple of you may have seen them. Melt Banana opened for Tool on their US tour a few years ago, too. Possibly the only band that is capable of confusing Tool fans... Awesome.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

On the subject of Final Fantasy X....

Suteki Da Nae
                      Last edited by BadWolfX; 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Beach House - Tokyo Witch. This band has such staying power, I find myself attached to another individual song the more I listen to them, as if every one of them gets a spotlight.
                        Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 09-14-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I've been listening to alot of One More Soul to the Call and Alex's Theme from Silent Hill: Homecoming.
                          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

You just can't say anything bad about Susumu Hirasawa...

First attempt~Paranoia Agent-Dream Island Obsessional Park by Susumu HirasawaI did not make the pic just using it for the vid ~ =3

Comment

atm im listening to my play list that ranges from Escape the fate to David Guetta with a bit of faithless, bob Marley. Breaking Benjamin, The Fray, Shrek 2, Stone Sour, The Verve, Gary Jules (mad World), Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard,Hinder,Dido, Serj Tankian, Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park. DJ Mangoo,Incredibad, Dizzee Rascal, Journey, The La's, Los Bandoleros, Bob Geldoff, Go:Audio, Nirvana, Wierd Al, Moby and A Day To Remember all mushed up in the middle for good measure i couldnt sleep with out my music

soz ofr the long winded and boring post but i have bugger all to do and im extremely bored
                              Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I like the variety in your music taste, though some of those bands I don't like. The La's though, great choice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LURvVxSZl4

Comment

Working...
                                X