No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XD I got some pics of it already, too tired right now. Heading to sleep in a moment but I watched Talladega Nights..Very nice looking, crisp and I didnt see any compression artifacts like on Silent Hill.

Comment

Staying on topic, my brand new 360 with DR gave me a dreaded DRE at a point. I cleaned the disc, and everything was fine in addition to the game loading considerably faster.

It's hard to believe how sensitive the drive is to any little pieces of dust, and thsi is supposed to be 10 year old technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        1080i > 720P

Then again my TV was 4K, so it probably has a better de-interlacer. Gears looks noticabley more sharp at 1080i as opposed to 720P. I dont notice ANY interlace lines or any screw ups with it. Will have to see how the PS3 does, though for sure Ill be running that in 1080P as it actually works unlike the 360 which botched the fall 1080P update.
        Well, see thats because you have a 1080p fixed pixel display. The thing for you is that 1080i is closer to 1080p than 720p, so of course its going to look better that way.
        What I'm talking about is this:
        Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
        It's the complete opposite for me. Back when I first got my HDTV, PD Zero, Kameo and PGR3 all looked TERRIBLE in 1080i while 720p they looked amazing.
        See, unlike you, he didn't get a super expensive 1080p panel, he has most likely a fixed pixel display that really only goes up to 720p, and can down scale and deinterlace a 1080i signal. Most people do not have a 1080p TV, so 720p is the obvious choice. That is what I was talking about.

@umon daisuke, I find that that is peculiar as well. Why would the 360, which uses the same drive as my computer basically, has so many problems. Is it the heat, the dust, or just poor quality yeild of drives...I wonder if you could replace the drive with a better one at the same speed...

Comment

XD I got some pics of it already, too tired right now. Heading to sleep in a moment but I watched Talladega Nights..Very nice looking, crisp and I didnt see any compression artifacts like on Silent Hill.

http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gears/
          Whoa, BABY!

About the 360 woes, I had two dirty disc errors during my three completions of Dead Rising and one dirty disc error on Gears of War in multiplayer -- don't know why that occurred, was probably actually a real dirty disc error due to lint on the disc or something.

Haven't played many other games to say. Dot, I thought you sent in your 360 to have it repaired, though? Did nothing good come of that? Knock on wood.
          If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Well the one I got back is here still, It doesnt seem to be disc read erroring anymore which is a good thing. Especially since LOST PLANET MULTIPLAYER PWNZ ALL!

Comment

OOPS, Didn't even make it a year. DEAD.

I've noticed during major purchase decisions revolving around the 360, peoples boxes always seem to red ring. So I guess its appropriate that when I decided to get Live again my box RRODs as soon as I turn it on after returning from the store with the 1 year Live card in hand.

Also, Nice colors!

Comment

1st Problem: Red Rings of Death

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was the last thing i played, and then i get the RROD in July i think. I didn't get my Xbox 360 replaced until almost Febuary of 2007 with my warrantly almost expiring.

2nd Problem: Belt Broken

I was playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I was driving around and i hit a tree, and then my game froze. I turned it off and turned it back on, and it wouldn't read anything. Not a game, a cd, or a dvd. But everything else seemed fine.

And now my Xbox 360 sits inside my travel case, and my Wii and PS3 are the only things sitting out.

What's funny, is that the the original Xbox never had a problem for me.

Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

IceDDZ was having a problem with his. They do seem like a piece of shit. I don't see me ever getting one.

Comment

I completely lucked out. I bought one, unusally cheap, and bar disc-read errors I've yet to have a a problem.

Of course, I get disc-read errors a fair bit, expecially on Dead Rising (I actually got the disc replaced, and yet it still crashes in the same place. Fortunately all I've been denied access to is a women's shoe shop.) But compared to what most of you are going through I've been pretty well off. Some kinds, like Bio-Shock and Oblivion, haven't given me any issues at all.

Comment

a problem with the ps2 used to be that if you put the console sideways it used to ruin ur disc. Since haveing my 360 for over a year and a half now, i've kept my console flat down and have had no problems, sure it looks more cool standing up but since the ps2, i've kept my consoles down.

Comment

OOPS, Didn't even make it a year. DEAD.

I've noticed during major purchase decisions revolving around the 360, peoples boxes always seem to red ring. So I guess its appropriate that when I decided to get Live again my box RRODs as soon as I turn it on after returning from the store with the 1 year Live card in hand.[/IMG]
                        LOL... same deal seemed to affect people wanting to play Halo 3 the week it came out. One of the forums I go to locally has been keeping a log of the people who get the death sentance from the machine. Averagely there is like only maybe 1 or 2 a week, yet for some odd reason in the week before Halo 3's release there was no less than 9 reported incidents on the topic, most accompanied by "ASAsfadasdds!!!! Right before Halo GDI" or something like that. Typical.

At least MS has extended the period for repairs on the error though.

Comment

They all seem to clock off after a year, im probably expecting mine to blow sometime in December.
                          Isn't there some kind of lifelong warranty with the 360 now?

Comment

Although it makes me somewhat sad to see another 360 die. I finally this time got more of what I wanted for my personal research on the matter.

Just to add something from last night when this happened:

Carnivol -> says:
                            I bet you broke it while screwing around with your 360, trying to eject the tray ;D (Like hitting it or something)
                            Carnivol -> says:
                            So when they get it at the MS support center, they'll be all "What the heck? Didn't knowing heating issues made dents on the side of the system + made the heat sink fall off O_o"
                            Dot50Cal says:
                            I didnt BEAT it
                            Dot50Cal says:
                            I jsut flicked the tray
                            (Ignore the typos in my part of that convo.)

I've kinda always had this somewhat absurd idea of the majority of the 360 hardware failures are in reality coming from people "doing stuff" to their systems, and aren't really just totally random issues that the user isn't somehow responsible for himself.
                            Like moving them around while they're on or using force to trigger effects, and ofcourse, putting them side-by-side to the two heat factories known as PS3 and Wii (rugs, closed cabinets, clothing piles and direct sunlight are two other lovely thingies one should try to avoid too)

It's kinda like buying ice cream, knowing what makes ice cream ice cream, to then store it in the refrigerator instead of the freezer.

Anyway, as for Disc Read Errors on the 360, those are hilarious.
                            I think I can produce them in pretty much any game I want now (not as in they appear in every darned game as a problem, but if I want them to appear, I can force them to appear through only software interaction on the fly)

@Branden:

Awesome Lego stuff you've got there.
                            My old boss has one of those Star Destroyer ontop of her Piano.
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 10-16-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

My year old second hand 360. Never red ringed. Ever.

Something very interesting happened today.

I noticed that Dot50Cal was online 5 hours ago. This was taken at 7:38PM, and his XBox began red ringing at around 2AM the night before. Curious, I THINK SO. Proof?

I think we all know what to think now.

Dot50Cal, I pronounce you...

For more fantastical Cross Examinations (AND MORE!) why not pick up Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, the new thrilling ride in the Ace Attorney series, available at all good retailers later this month!
                              Last edited by randomwab; 10-16-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

i thought the 360 only goes red when you don't have the scart lead inserted into the console, because the rings went red on my 360 but when completed setting it up ( putting the scart lead in) the rings went green, this is the only time that i thought you would see the red rings, because i can do this anytime i want. I've had my console for over a year and half and nothing wrong with mine
                                i guess Pal versions got a better life sentence

Comment

Working...
                                X