Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 267

Thread: Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

  1. #41
    Cunt Agent
    News Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Belfast, Ireland
    Posts
    6,098

    Default

    I got the same problem with my first 360. It first started with Dead Rising, I was escorting FOUR survivors, had very limited health and just barely made it to the warehouse. DISC READ ERROR AFTER ALL THAT TROUBLE. I had to fight off the convicts, punch my way through halls of zombies and even ended up accidentely blowing the 5th survivors head clean off with a rifle -__-

    So, I returned the 360. Got a new one...which came with an extra controller, which was bundled with Project Gotham Racer, and the 360 itself was the PES6 bundle. Guess what? It was cheaper than the first 360. So I saved money in the long run. It also works perfectly aswell.

    Though I swapped the HD over. So whether it will pose a problem or not I don't know. But, if it does. I'll just pick up a memory card and backup my saves. I'm almost lvl 50 in Dead Rising -_-

    The reason DR malfunctions alot, is because it uses both of the 360's processers, rather than one like most other games. This causes the system to overheat pretty badly. The HD doesn't help either (one of the shoddiest products ever).

  2. #42
    THIA Staff


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Theres no real evidence of that, as games like Oblivion should be pumping out more then DR. The 360 has one single processor anyway, with 3 cores. The HDD isnt necessary to play, but even that wouldnt cause DREs

  3. #43
    War Horse Uranium
    Dot50Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    7,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Theres no real evidence of that, as games like Oblivion should be pumping out more then DR. The 360 has one single processor anyway, with 3 cores. The HDD isnt necessary to play, but even that wouldnt cause DREs
    Lies, my problem is 100% the HDD. Disc tries to spin down and let the HDD take the load if you stay in one area for a while. Just so happens my HDD doesnt like loading very fast (or something...) and it DRE's when it cant read.

  4. #44
    Cunt Agent
    News Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Belfast, Ireland
    Posts
    6,098

    Default

    The 360 has one single processor anyway, with 3 cores.
    Nuts. I knew something was wrong about my post =/ I believe it was 2 cores. 2 processors. Wtf am I on.

  5. #45
    THIA Staff

    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
    Well don't know about Dead Rising killing 360's, but some 360's definitely kill games

    In fact, when i was in town today at Gamestation some guy came in with about 3 games he'd just bought that didn't work. Looks like his 360 had scratched a big ring around them and made them unplayable. The guy in Gamestation said this is a big problem.
    Thats mostly caused by idiots who move their 360 around while playing it or have it vertical in the first place.

    But yeah, I dont own Dead Rising, but put in a good 10 hours plus without problems.

  6. #46
    THIA Staff


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Then play without the HDD and see what happens

  7. #47
    THIA Staff

    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    ? I don't understand how playing WITHOUT the HDD will cause any problems?
    And who bought the 'tard pack anyway? =/
    Last edited by James; 11-02-2006 at 04:13 AM.

  8. #48
    #01 Cockroach ChrisREmake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default

    lol well i'm glad i didn't buy a 360 i think i'll save up for a PS3 instead

  9. #49
    #05 Sliding worm Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I've seen and heard about things like this happening, and i'm kinda glad I haven't bought one.

  10. #50
    War Horse Uranium
    Dot50Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    7,275

    Default

    Update on Borman since hes too ashamed to say it...His replacment stopped playing DVD's, lol!!!!!!!

  11. #51
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    I don't feel like adding some "OMFG; LOL. XBOX IS DUR BESTest ann mien werks fine!" reply, even though there is some truth in that line (that mine works fine... to a certain limit >_>)

    Anyway, it seems very much like the majority of faulty or problematic machines are in the US.

    So I guess there's just something wrong with the US atmosphere that kills them (maybe a big mighty cloud of sony).
    Or maybe it is a production line-up (most likely)
    or... ofcourse... it could be related to the fact that most pics I've seen of american homes with 360s have them standing on the middle of the floor, using its massive weight to dig a hole in the ruggy carpet and with the sun shining in on it through the window while it's murring like a kitten in the sunshine... 'til it evt. dies

  12. #52
    THIA Staff

    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    I don't feel like adding some "OMFG; LOL. XBOX IS DUR BESTest ann mien werks fine!" reply, even though there is some truth in that line (that mine works fine... to a certain limit >_>)

    Anyway, it seems very much like the majority of faulty or problematic machines are in the US.

    So I guess there's just something wrong with the US atmosphere that kills them (maybe a big mighty cloud of sony).
    Or maybe it is a production line-up (most likely)
    or... ofcourse... it could be related to the fact that most pics I've seen of american homes with 360s have them standing on the middle of the floor, using its massive weight to dig a hole in the ruggy carpet and with the sun shining in on it through the window while it's murring like a kitten in the sunshine... 'til it evt. dies
    Maybe something to do with the power voltage or something? I'm not very technically minded when it comes to stuff like this.

    Carnivol, didn't know you had a 360? Do you LIVE much? =D

  13. #53
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    Carnivol, didn't know you had a 360? Do you LIVE much? =D
    I'm indeed a 360 owner, but I do not LiVE much ('cause of lack of games and lack of interest in the games for the 360).

    I do play Doom on XBLA though >_>

  14. #54
    THIA Staff

    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    I'm indeed a 360 owner, but I do not LiVE much ('cause of lack of games and lack of interest in the games for the 360).

    I do play Doom on XBLA though >_>
    I play Doom too. =P Heck most of my time lately is only XBLA games. >_>
    Last edited by James; 11-07-2006 at 12:57 PM.

  15. #55
    #05 Sliding worm BHXTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I haven't gotten a 360 and don't plan on it as the console never really interested me.I have heard lots of stories on how bad the system in but in the end i think it just comes down to luck.I heard many of the same things with the PS2 yet i grabbed mine on launch day and it worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago.Some consoles just seem to work better then others.Thats what happens with mass production some will always be lower quality.

  16. #56
    War Horse Uranium
    Dot50Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    7,275

    Default

    Playing gears for about an hour and I got the first DRE with this game. SIGH!

  17. #57
    #11 Zombie Cyber_Shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BHXTyrant View Post
    I haven't gotten a 360 and don't plan on it as the console never really interested me.I have heard lots of stories on how bad the system in but in the end i think it just comes down to luck.I heard many of the same things with the PS2 yet i grabbed mine on launch day and it worked perfectly fine up until a few months ago.Some consoles just seem to work better then others.Thats what happens with mass production some will always be lower quality.
    Same here, i have a launchday PS2 myself and it still works fine. And my PS2's have always got much, much more use than either my Xbox or Gamecube. The Xbox360 sounds a hell of a lot worse than the PS2 ever was, but thats just going off other ppl's experiences, don't own a 360 yet myself so i'm not qualified to comment.

    Maybe the issues with them are over exaggerated like ppl like to over exaggerate on issues with the PS2, i don't know. I've seen DRE issues with old PS2's but its not exactly a major problem since its a very easy fix.

    Anyway, still to this day the worst console i have ever owned for problems is Dreamcast.
    Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-10-2006 at 08:37 AM.

  18. #58
    THIA Staff
    randomwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    947

    Default

    My launch PS2 died after about 3 years (which I later learnt was just that laser thing where it just needed reconfigured) but back then I didn't know what to do other than buy a new PS2. I got one of the Silver PS2s which were JUST out back then, and I have had no trouble since (except sometimes it doesn't want to read the Action Replay).

    360 has given me some problems and i've had it less than a month. Many DRE with Dead Rising, especially if I leave it paused for a few minutes and try to continue, you can hear the disc start and then stop spinning, a clicking, then DRE. It's also froze several times in games (Dead Rising and CoD2) and demos (Lost Planet and Burnout Revenge), and likes to freeze in Ninja Gaiden (which may be a backwards emulation problem) and it has died during parts of Halo 2. GREAT CONSOLE!!!

  19. #59
    #11 Zombie Cyber_Shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Yeah, thats an issue with the Action Replay that though, not the PS2. It happens with my Action Replay too. Its something to do with the way its made. Sometimes the PS2 doesn't recognise is as Official PS2 software, and it isn't really.

  20. #60
    THIA Staff
    randomwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Yeah, it's understandable, but I love how it recognizes SwapMagic every time

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •