No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened to me TWICE, as well! I'm on my second playthrough of the game. This might not seem too bad..two crashes in two playthroughs, but the save points in this game are SO far in between and you think you can just get away with holding another save off -- BUT THEN THE DISC READ ERROR POPS UP BEHIND YOU. Forget being scared of the zombies..I'm afraid of the disc read errors! It happens in the middle of playing when you think NO major loading would even be happening.

I don't know what it is that causes it. My disc is flawless..I have the third party fan to cool the 360 off..and my 360 is vertical at all times since launch. I don't play many 360 games but others claim this happens with Oblivion and something else..

see this site for more info if you're wondering more about it .. these are the latest developments as of this post.
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/view.php?id=1774
    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Sometimes it's your driver's lens. You can buy new ones in some online stores and change your current for the new one (my friend did that and now his 360 is working without any errors.)

Comment

Ice says people are returning 360 games with the same problem often at his EB.
        This has been a world-wide problem since day 1 of the XBOX360.

People all over the world have been outraged at the fact that their own XBOX360 actually destroy their own games (i've posted a link to this before on BF). It seems that the laser mechinism in the 360 scratches and does all kinds of crazy stuff to the discs. To add insult to injury, tens of thousands of people's 360s' overheat, the same as yours, John.

I guess the bottom line here would be for anyone out there reading this, do not buy a 360, atleast not until they update the models to a machine that's actually worth the [outrageous] selling price. Personally, I won't be buying a 360, I don't trust anything that has the slogan "Micro$oft". Windows is no exception to this.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I was referring to a different issue mark, it looks like someone spilled soda over the bottom of a disc. The data layer is all out of whack on em from day one (out of package).

Get on aim! XD

Comment

Yea, some of the DR disks in some areas have that problem for some reason. Mine doesnt ;)

Comment

What does that "spillage" effect on the disc actually mean? I've encountered it alot at work on normal DVDs, but never on 360 games. >_> Guess I'm lucky.

Heh.

Comment

No clue, probably a manufacturing error. Ill have to take it back when my flop box arrives back here

Comment

Got the flop flop back today, a new one. Made just 4 months ago. Its working great, things are loading fast and It seems my warranty is now re-extended? Ill have to check on that. But now comes a big problem. I beat Dead Rising but everytime I try to start INFINITY MODE, DISC READ ERROR. Its definitely the disc this time which sucks, so now Im off to Walmart with K5 to buy a new DR.

Gotta take this one back to EB and demand money back

Comment

Well ok, its NOT the disc. I just tried my other Dead Rising and the same damn thing. About 3 seconds in to LOADING Infinity Mode, DISC READ ERROR. WTF!?

I tried standing it vertical, horizontal, both discs, etc etc. It just wont work. What the flying hell!? K5 and I are going to make a video of this just to get word out there. People seem to think that 360's arent dying because its being pushed to its limits with Dead Rising...Ugh, They got another thing coming. 2nd 360 bites the dust now

Comment

Are the PAL units the same as the US ones? I can assume you know what I'm getting at....

Comment

This just gets even worse, now my new save of me going through 72 hour mode wont load, same deal. DRE about 3 seconds in. Im thinking it HAS to be the hard drive now. God, what luck eh? Tommorow Ill find out for sure when I fork out more cash for a rediculously expensive memory card.

Two 360's, and Three Dead Rising's later..I still Disc Read Error. This time on Infinity mode, whenever I attempt to play it AT ALL!

Comment

Ive still had no problems with Dead Rising, or any other game for that matter /knocks on wood. Just have to be the counter to Dots evil tales of dooooommm

Comment

So an update:

We took back dead rising to Walmart (the third copy) to try and get a refund, but they were super assholes about it and wouldnt do anything but exchange it for the same game. wtf. So we go get a new copy of Dead Rising (NOW THE FOURTH) To top it off, she takes out a box cutter and rips open the package. Yay, decreased re-sale value -_-. I complained that its an XBOX 360 game, which cannot be copied without a great deal of bullshit. She doesnt budge. So as were leaving I realize we didnt get a memory card so I run up and get one.

We get home and I try:

Copying HDD save to mem card, loading from mem card: DRE
                            Loading from mem card, without HDD attached: DRE

We now notice that ANY mode, wether loading a save or starting a new game = instant disc read error. What the hell!?

So after various combinations of loading I figure out that somehow the cache and or save system on the HDD for Dead Rising has commitied suicide in some impoper way, and it now DRE's on anything.

After previous attempts at clearing the HDD game cache, I realize thats not a help. So I copy the save back to the memory card, and format the god damn Hard Drive.

What do you know, it works. So I copy the save back onto the HDD and it works. Good lord what the fuck? I played it for a few hours and it seems to be A-OK now, we'll see in the future if any issue crop up.

(Bonus: The HDD also ate my fucking Burnout Revenge save which took forever to get to)
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-04-2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Ouch that sucks, its just your luck really heh

Comment

Erm..Didnt you send your 360 back too? You even told me to take the face plate off, like you did (and I did that too, now I have TWO FACEPLATES MUAHAHAH)

Comment

Working...
                                X