No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it didn't seem to work on mine. I'm gonna have one last crack at it all then I'm gonna have to think of sending it off to Microsoft. Which is gonna cost me £70 because the warranty has apparently run out. I thought they'd extended the warranty because X-boxes are such pieces of crap everyone's breaks down sooner rather than later?

Mweh.

Comment

• Don't ever do that towel thing. The idea behind it is to melt the solder into making the connections re-seat. Its a fire hazard and it only works temporarily.

Your 360 is ready to red ring, leave it on when it gives no picture and you'll see them within 10 min. Call 18004myxbox and then go through the process. 3 red lights are covered for 3 years from purchase date.

Even if you dont see red rings, tell them you do.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-12-2007, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Fire Hazard? No wonder that damn thing was so hot. That guy told me that it would be best if I left home while I had the 360 wrapped up. Good thing I didn't take that part of his advice.

Comment

• The damned thing won't do a red ring. Unfortunately I called the buggers before that, so they know it's not got one either. Alright. Any idea how to make a 360 red ring so I can get the damned thing fixed for free? Preferably without any danger to my home and family.

Comment

• I was told that the Red Rings of Death was really a safty program. The main thing that causes it is glitches. So you have to cause a glitch to set off the computer chip and make it think there is a problem. Now how to cause a glitch shouldn't be too hard. I was told that the sure-fire way of doing it is to turn it on, let it set for a minute, pick it up and take hold of the addapter where it hooks in to the back of the 360, and slowly and carefuly work it out -little by little. Right before the power is cut the computer chip will read a problem and safty program will kick in. Thus: The Red Rings of Death will come up.

This is all what I been told. I was informed that the plug not being in all the way is what caused my problem in the first place. I can tell you this though. I am sure you will be careful not to shock yourself. I know nothing about Eurepean plugs ins, but I saw what happen to that Roaming Gnome on the Travelosity tv add, so watch out.
            Last edited by The John Doe; 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• I've been elctrocuted a few times, but never by a plug oddly enough. I once got thrown onto a low voltage electric fence.

I'm sure I'll find some way of breaking the damned thing to give me a red ring. Everyone else manages without trying.

Comment

• My Wii is being sent in for repair. This generation is such a joke in terms of build quality. I've never had to send a console in before for repair.

I just bought the Wii this past June, thats not even 6 months. PS3 seems to be the only rock solid console thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  My Wii is being sent in for repair. This generation is such a joke in terms of build quality. I've never had to send a console in before for repair.
                  What happened?

Comment

• Keeps giving me disc read errors (the kind where I have to eject the disc and turn the wii off, no other options) whenever I change any settings in the menu and then attempt to play a game.

Basically it seems to happen whenever I go out of a game and then try to load a disc again.

Comment

• You're lucky then, I went through 3-4 PS2's, funnily enough the UK PS2 never gave me problems, it was my import US PS2 which kept buggering up.

Since mid December when I got my 360 last year i've only encountered one problem when playing Project Gotham *screen freeze and a disc read error*, beyond that no problems but im still not discounting it messing up.
                      Hopefully I'd just get the standard Red Ring so I can get the damn thing replaced if it does.

Hopefully they'd send the F*cking thing back with the new HDMI port as mine never had one and frankly I NEED the component space for my HDTV

Comment

• PS3 seems to be the only rock solid console thus far.
                        Agreed. My 360 got the red ring and I sold it on eBay for a mere $48. The PS3 has better hardware anyway IMO. Just hoping we'll get some better exclusives sometime pretty soon.

Comment

• Hell, my PS3s (all THREE OF THEM) had shitty wireless internals that would fail to work after about a week past the purchase date. I'm with Dot Fifty, this generation is a joke.

Comment

• Well I bought my 360 used for $100 and I got the RROD my third week with it on Halo 3. Sent it back into MS and got a brand new Core system back a week later. That's been 1 month since then and everything has been fine.

TIP:
                            If you want to keep your 360 cool as ice, buy a 16 volt PC fan from Radio Shack and wire in a switch and a power plug. Put the fan behind the 360, right by the 360 exhaust port, and have it blowing away from the 360. All your freezing problems will be solved, as I did this myself. It lowered the temp by at least 15 degrees.
                            Last edited by Zombie_X; 11-28-2007, 01:39 AM.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Alternatively you could live in my house, where its so f*cking cold the Xbox 360 never overheats regardless of excessive overplaying

Comment

• I wish more people would buy a PS3, it is truly an underrated system worth having.

Comment

Working...
                                X