IGN Reviews the PC Version of Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Reviews the PC Version of Resident Evil 5

IGN has posted their review for the PC version of Resident Evil 5, awarding the title a score of 9.3 out of 10. The review confirms that the already revealed Road Warrior and secretary costumes for Chris and Sheva respectively are the only new costumes available, and the Versus Mode that was released as DLC for the console versions is not included.

It also details the keyboard and mouse controls:

Another adjustment that's been made is the addition of mouse and keyboard support, which you'd expect with a game that's been ported to the PC, even though it supports the 360 controller as well and can be swapped back and forth at will. But it's more than just a simple WASD adjustment that you'll find here. For one thing, the keyboard provides a quick turn button that can instantly be pressed to rotate your characters around. This is effective when you're trying to prevent yourself from being surrounded by Majini or other creatures that are looking to rip you to pieces. Another plus is the inclusion of a quick knife button that allows you to instantly swing your knife at an enemy or an object in quick succession, giving you a last second item of protection. But perhaps the largest and most significant adjustment is the larger aiming reticule for the mouse, which allows you to ready a firearm with the right mouse button and fire with the left. No longer are you forced to rely on a laser pointer to indicate where bullets are going to go; instead, you can line up your target in the expanded sight and fire away.
    The review also mentions that the new "No Mercy" mode for Mercenaries will have upwards of 30 Majini onscreen at one time.

To read the full review, head on over to IGN.

Or, if you would prefer to watch IGN's video review, follow this link.

Damn, the video looks sharp. And I was wondering if the framerate would dip with the "No Mercy" Mercs mode...looks like it does.

Sheva's "business" costume looks great, but "warrior" Chris goes down with "safari" as two of the most hilariously bad alt costumes in RE history.

Still, if I had the PC power to run this title, I wouldn't hesitate in picking it up.

Comment

New Mercs mode - "No Mercy" looks badass can't wait!

Comment

Yeah, "No Mercy" looks very fun (and hard) to play! But... why no Versus Mode?

Comment

No Mercy will be the next DLC then on consoles.

Capcom: "Look at us listening to our community! You said you wanted more AI on-screen with a fancy new title, and that's what we gave you!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

Capcom: "Look at us listening to our community! You said you wanted more AI on-screen with a fancy new title, and that's what we gave you!!"

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you're the only one on THIA that can criticize aspects of Capcom's business decisions. My bad.
            sigpic

Comment

Excuse me?

Comment

Not sure if you're joking or not but how would the consoles be able to handle it? There are already slow downs with the 14 enemies on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                  Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you're the only one on THIA that can criticize aspects of Capcom's business decisions. My bad.
                  Excuse me?
                  Well, while I do try and blank out as much of the dramalicious crap on the forums as I can manage, I assume this is to do with the various 'Capcom is a buisness, out to make money' comments that have arisen recently. Can't remember if you did that Stu, and I'm too lazy to check...but this falls into the same category. There is a fanbase for this upgrade, after all. People here are looking foward to it. So, really, Capcom are listening and making some more cash. It's not what even more folk would want, true, but it's less time and money spent by Capcom and therefore probably a bigger profit margin than a Seperate Ways style game.

Edit: Oh, yes. Also: play nice children before I go get that sock I wore for three weeks, load it with pennies, and ram it up your nose.
                  Last edited by Darkmoon; 09-11-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

djepic112 is right, this is simply not feasible in the console versions. That's why this feature is for the PC version only.

Comment

Edit: Oh, yes. Also: play nice children before I go get that sock I wore for three weeks, load it with pennies, and ram it up your nose.
                      Ouch? And eww?

Actually if you do things the right way (at least on ex fac) you can get a ton of stuff on screen at once. I could be wrong but I swear I had more than 14 lickers on my screen a few times. Also, I've never experienced a "slow-down" per say, has anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        I assume this is to do with the various 'Capcom is a buisness, out to make money' comments that have arisen recently.
                        My comment was nothing to do with Capcom making money, more how much Capcom harps on about listening to their community all the time.

And i was obviously joking, just in case there was any doubt.

Comment

No Mercy mode looks awesome. I cannot wait for this.

Comment

Bring the costumes to the console! So easy to do, Capcom.

Comment

I'd love to have no mercy and the costumes for the console. My PC simply can't handle this at all, but lets see if it will be released as a DLC anytime soon? I hope so.

Will the main game also contain more enemies to fight with? the Benchmark sure indicated that, but it is only a benchmark demo after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X