If Capcom released and integrated 1.5 into the canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Capcom released and integrated 1.5 into the canon

You know, I just had an interesting and entertaining thought. What if Capcom actually released Resident Evil 1.5, and integrated it into the RE storyline?

If Capcom released RE1.5 as it is, incomplete and such, they could rationalize all of it's incomplete state by saying that everything in 1.5 was all a dream/nightmare that Leon had after getting drunk a hotel he stayed the night before RE2*. You know those dreams you sometimes have that give you "glimpses of the future" while those same "glimpses" would not necessarily come 100% true after you wake up from the dream? Well, what if 1.5 was just a "dream/nightmare" inside Leon's mind and that Elza Walker is just a "dream incarnation" of what he will eventually meet later in reality as Claire Redfield. Marvin & Kendo (John) lasted longer and Roy (DJ) existed, but only in that dream. What do all you think? I know that sounds like bullshit, but this entertains me as such. Yes, I hope we see 1.5 soon too.

*I swear I've read about something like this before in another RE fansite. I'll try to find out about it more.

I have no idea if that made any sense whatsoever, so I'm just gonna sum this up:

tl;dr RE1.5 = dream. Prequel to RE2.
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling and punctuation need
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Sorry, but no to making 1.5 apart of the official RE cannon. But yes to one day releasing 1.5 to fans.

EDIT****Actually, while this is never mentioned in the same breath of RE 1.5, but it would be interesting to see the version of RE0 on the N64. It was nearly finished also before it got canned for it's GC upgrade. Always wondered how they compared.
    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-10-2009, 09:04 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I would like to see it released. What I would really like is if Elza Walker had a cameo or even a small part in a upcoming game. It would be a nice reference.

Comment

Yea, it would be kind of hard though these days since Raccoon is long gone and the only survivors are pretty much the main characters we know. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time we've gone back to Raccoon, or I suppose she could be recycled for a new character one day, especiallu if it was a small cameo like Jagger said. The only way I ever see 1.5 coming out is if it's eithier shared by one of those mythical owners (which I wouldn't blame them if they didn't since all the hard work of tracking one down and the possibly thousands of dollars they paid for it would go out the window), or Capcom eventually releases it to the public...years from now.
        Last edited by REmaster; 09-10-2009, 09:14 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I believe it would work better as a dream after the events of RE2. Think about it, Leon's shown to be resentful towards Claire in the RE3 epilogues. He could dream about her as "just some biker chick," or Elza Walker, a result of his bitterness. She has no implicit relation to the outbreak occurring in his nightmare. Characters already around are distorted and they live longer, and seeing as how Leon didn't run into Chief Irons alive (have I jinxed it for DSC?) he has a good impression of him. This is all his coping mechanism after everything he witnesses in Raccoon City.

...and then he forgives Claire enough to send an email to her brother, saving her

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            I believe it would work better as a dream after the events of RE2. Think about it, Leon's shown to be resentful towards Claire in the RE3 epilogues. He could dream about her as "just some biker chick," or Elza Walker, a result of his bitterness. She has no implicit relation to the outbreak occurring in his nightmare. Characters already around are distorted and they live longer, and seeing as how Leon didn't run into Chief Irons alive (have I jinxed it for DSC?) he has a good impression of him. This is all his coping mechanism after everything he witnesses in Raccoon City.

...and then he forgives Claire enough to send an email to her brother, saving her
            Now that actually sounds like a decent pitch. I mean, the biker girl, and the whole Cheif Irons actually being a stand-up guy, instead of a guy who's favorite hobby is taxidermy and high-priced art. lol

No one's gonna leave my town! Everyone's gonna die!
            sigpic

Comment

Think about it, Leon's shown to be resentful towards Claire in the RE3 epilogues
              Leon's resentfulness is mostly the fault of a bad translation.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Well color me corrected. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OKei View Post
                  *I swear I've read about something like this before in another RE fansite. I'll try to find out about it more.
                  From RE Archives:
                  On September 29, his first day as a Raccoon City police officer, he made the mistake of oversleeping and didn't leave for work until after sunset. (...)

The reason he was late for work was a party the previous night. He had gotten drunk in a motel trying to forget about the pain of breaking up with his girlfriend.

Comment

They could've used Elza as one of Outbreak characters or maybe add a short chapter about her in DSC, but of course it is not going to happen.

I was talking about Elza and 1.5 game once with my boyfriend and he said something which made me wonder: Of course we would love to play the 1.5 version but the release of this game would finish the whole mysticism around it. It would just turn up to being an ordinary title when the hype over it would have ended...

I would love to play RE1.5 someday, but on the other hand, we have a whole atmosphere created about the existence of it. And even if they released the game one day it could probably be very criticized about the old-generation graphics and gameplay. The RE fans want to play this game but mostly RE fans want to play it. What about the casual players? That's probably one of the reasons they've never released and never will release this game for us...
                    http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                    Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

I say simply release it as some obscure download for hardcore fans.

I was talking about Elza and 1.5 game once with my boyfriend and he said something which made me wonder: Of course we would love to play the 1.5 version but the release of this game would finish the whole mysticism around it. It would just turn up to being an ordinary title when the hype over it would have ended...
                      Not me. I LOVE RE style gameplay. I nearly played half of Countdown Vampires just because of the fixed cameras. I'd be thrilled for any release no matter what the plot. Canon? What is this canon you speak of?
                      Last edited by The_15th; 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

They could always release it and call it a "reboot"

Comment

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather play a 'as is' copy of the final beta to see how Dino Crisis 2 it really is. Hope to see it one day.

Comment

stop dreaming

Comment

Originally posted by fujin78 View Post
                              stop dreaming
                              We love you too. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X