Leon x Ada: Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leon x Ada: Thoughts

These two have always been one of the more prominently shipped couples mainly because at least one of them "admits love" to the other in one possible scenario at least.
    However what happens in RE2 is the standard action/horror staple of two survivors of horrible amounts of death and destruction falling for each other. There is the added mystery of her being a spy though that really plays a more integral part in their relationship in Leon A.

RE4 makes it more interesting, though. Leon is now a professional and not some dumb shmuck. He knows, or at least partially knows, what Ada is up to from start to finish. Leon expresses only disdain for her "workign with Wesker" while Ada shows no real emotion towards him at all. WIth Separate Ways though, we see she actively tries to keep Leon alive, resisting Wesker's orders but again this is clouded by the fact she's double-crossing everyone and Leon needs to stay alive for her mission to succeed anyway. Leon for his own part finally comments on his feelings for Ada when he turns down Ashley and the mission is basically over.

So there goes one of the few interesting and somewhat canon couples of RE.

1a. How do you think Leon feels about Ada?
    1b. How do you think Ada feels about Leon?

2. What do you think will happen between them in future Resident Evil games?
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM.

These are my thoughts: I'm going to go throw up now. brb

Comment

I think Ada can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
        I think Ada can do better.
        Considering Leon's physical abilities and appearance..I don't think so.

Comment

I think Leon feels more strongly for Ada than vice-versa. Of course, as Leon is a main character in the series and Ada is merely a side character, more is known about Leon. I think that if Ada absolutely had to, she would shoot Leon; I believe it would take a lot more will power to have Leon do the same to her.

I've always disliked Ada for being the "backstabbing manipulative bitch" type, and thus I would not mind seeing her killed off in a future game. And while Leon is far from my favorite male character, I don't think killing him would be good for the series. He's simply too entertaining, unlike the cardboard-cut-out hero of Chris.

I think it would be cool if when Ada returns, the power has gone to her head a little bit - sort of like a female version of Wesker, but without the strength and speed (just human). Maybe she can rise up in the ranks of whatever organization she works for and become a powerful, "semi-evil villain" with whatever plan she has worked out. She'll get sick of Leon interfering with her mission and try to take him out (maybe not kill him, but remove him from the situation). In the end, Leon would be in a situation where he is forced to kill her, and as she dies he would express to her that he greatly regretted having to do it. Then she dies, dead and gone, and Leon has to live with it, making his character even stronger. I think that would be a very dark, epic climax to their relationship, and it would make the series more interesting.

If you ask me, those are the kinds of emotions that you remember. It could be done in a very serious manner, with actual good voice acting and minimal cheese.

Of course, if Capcom plans to "reboot" the series, it's likely that none of the characters we all know and love will be present. So who knows.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            I think Leon feels more strongly for Ada than vice-versa. Of course, as Leon is a main character in the series and Ada is merely a side character, more is known about Leon. I think that if Ada absolutely had to, she would shoot Leon; I believe it would take a lot more will power to have Leon do the same to her.
            That's because, while Ada's motives are mostly hidden, it's assumed that she's purely a contract person. Get the job done no matter what cost. Her actions in Seperate Ways suggest some feelings for Leon, yes, but that whole horrendous 'love' scene in RE2 is one of the series' really awful moments.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              that whole horrendous 'love' scene in RE2 is one of the series' really awful moments.

ada!No!AAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There is no denying that is a truly awful moment. That's why while Claire A is usually favored for telling more of a story than Leon A, Leon A is still preferable because his parting with Ada is much better.

Comment

^ I can't wait to see that part (NO ADA SHOULD NOT DIE ) being updated for Darkside. Hopefully Capcom doesn't butcher the ending. I think it comes off as badly as it does because of the voice actors. I think they were going for the B movie type stuff and it came off just like they wanted. Unfortunately it came off so cheesy Kraft said "DAMN".

I do think they have feelings for each other but I think their respective positions prohibit them from being anything more than what they are now. And as much as I like Ada's character, I like Beuregard's idea of her becoming a sort of villian. But I still wouldn't like to see her die. I'm not as into her as some people are "into" certain characters but her character is an exciting change from the norm.

Although I could see her and Leon teaming up in a future game out of necessity. Leon always looking over his shoulder making sure he doesn't have a gun pointed at him and her always getting a kick out of him being so skittish. It could work!!!

Comment

Well considering Leon is like a robot now I guess he has no more feelings and Ada is all about the mission so again she has no feelings. Do to the nature of there work there is no way they could have a normal relationship but I'm sure there is some kind of attraction and maybe a some feelings but after Leon killed a whole village who knows. I think they should either just have raw sex or let it be.

Comment

In before Leon/Claire wankers.

Oh wait they're mostly on Livejournal.

Anyway, IDK. I think Leon cares more for Ada than she does for him. Which makes sense. Though I think they both show good traits in the other. On Leon's side, him knowing she's a spy is probably why he feels something (like in RE4 where he says she's a part of him he can't let go of) Leon is a cop/heroic type, so he probably wants to "save" her from that sort of lifestyle. And Ada not following Wesker's order to just get rid of him shows her human side (something very different from what we see in Wesker for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                        Considering Leon's physical abilities and appearance..I don't think so.
                        Seems like this threade should be renamed:

"Leon x Nikkolas/Becky's Butt: Thoughts"

Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-15-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I think it would be cool if when Ada returns, the power has gone to her head a little bit - sort of like a female version of Wesker, but without the strength and speed (just human). Maybe she can rise up in the ranks of whatever organization she works for and become a powerful, "semi-evil villain" with whatever plan she has worked out. She'll get sick of Leon interfering with her mission and try to take him out (maybe not kill him, but remove him from the situation). In the end, Leon would be in a situation where he is forced to kill her, and as she dies he would express to her that he greatly regretted having to do it. Then she dies, dead and gone, and Leon has to live with it, making his character even stronger. I think that would be a very dark, epic climax to their relationship, and it would make the series more interesting.

If you ask me, those are the kinds of emotions that you remember. It could be done in a very serious manner, with actual good voice acting and minimal cheese.

Of course, if Capcom plans to "reboot" the series, it's likely that none of the characters we all know and love will be present. So who knows.

i totally agree with all of that, it would create some great memorable drama and would do well to improve RE's reputation for not having such a great story

Comment

Maybe she can rise up in the ranks of whatever organization she works for and become a powerful, "semi-evil villain" with whatever plan she has worked out.

But the thing about Ada is she's always a neutral character! She never really picks sides. From what we can gather from RE2 and RE4 is she's not playing by anyone's rules she's only doing things that she's been hired for but on her own terms. I don't see her becoming "evil" and Leon will have to kill her for becoming so villainous. Thats not where her interests lie.

She is basically a mercenary and I think she's only out for the money she'll receive.

I also don't agree with the "Ada doesn't care". I think the ending boss battles in RE 2 and RE 4 explain a lot. I'm pretty sure at the Boss battle with Leon that it was her that threw the weapon to help Leon. And she does the same in RE4.

In resident evil 2 she could have left without so much as a backward glance after that fall, and yet she helps him out in a very tight spot against the G-virus pumped William Birkin. I wouldn't call that not caring.

I'm sure also "seperate ways" shows a lot of her struggle to make ends meet with her job and keeping Leon alive. Sure she had to make sure that he stayed alive for her job but I'm sure she personally didn't want to see him die.

Besides Leon hits on agent Hunnigan throughout the game so its not like he only devotes his attention to Ada or is reserving himself for only her.

And I liked how RE4 played out their interactions. They aren't precious moments or heartfelt but more mature and realistic with how they handle interacting with each other as matured adults. Both of them are very reserved with their emotions and have important jobs to attend to at the same time. Seeing each other really isn't a huge priority.

I can only see their relationship as a passing thing, that they will only see each other if they bump into one another on missions that coincide. I don't see them seeking each other out.
                            Last edited by Tiamat; 09-17-2009, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X