IRC Protocol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Wait, you need to download something in order to do this IRC stuff? I have no idea what it is, I just figured it was like a little chatbox in the bottom corner of the main page or something.
    Yeah you do in most (all?) cases. I personally use mIRC. It is what I am most familiar with. I used to use it all the time...it'll take a bit to get back into the swing of things.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

For those of you who are mirc nooblets and already idle in other channels;

Type:
      /server -m irc.enterthegame.com:6667

(The -m makes it open the ETG connection in a new server window, instead of using the active one. And from there, you just do the normal /join #THIA)

Can get mIRC from here. It's probably the most common IRC client there is.
      You can easily set it to auto-connect to ETG and auto-join #THIA, along with make it hide itself down in the corner of your screen (instead of consuming a huge "window" space on your task bar and stuff)
      Last edited by Carnivol; 09-21-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry my net hasn't been working properly the past few days, but I'm glad to see its up and running. I'll come on and try to idle as much as possible.

Comment

WOW.

This idea certainly kicked off. And out of all people...

Me.

I have , in fact, connected though. So I'm glad. This IRC stuff isn't too hard to pick up, though it will take some getting used to..

Comment

This is easy to get into. I connected, but the only one there was an idle Carnivol. Hopefully this will become more widely known after a front page entry.

Comment

Working...
            X