"Talking Evil" Blog Update + Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Talking Evil" Blog Update + Site Update

The official site for The Darkside Chronicles has been updated with new screenshots.

Biohazard: The Darkside Chronicles Official Site

The Talking Evil Blog received an update too, this time introducing the new scenario and a new character, Javier, a drug lord who has taken de-facto control over a large area of jungle.

The entry also announces that next week's entry will be the final entry, which will focus on the woman we will meet in the depths of the steamy South American jungle.

"Talking Evil" Blog

Javier the drug lord. Hmm. I'm actually surprised that I don't find the story behind this scenario to be cheesy. I expected something really ridiculous like in Umbrella's End, but this has a nice appeal to it.

Unwilling to risk a biohazard incident, a secret military agency pairs Leon and Krauser and sends them into this volatile region to determine what, if anything, is going on...
    I wonder if this means Leon and Krauser will be meeting for the first time in this scenario? I think the word "pairs" is a curious choice, but I could just be reading into it too much.

Super excited about the next (and final) entry on Manuela, though. It'll be great to learn more about her. I just think she's so cute.

Comment

Leon's twitter mentioned, that Krauser is his "new partner" so yeah, this will probably be their first mission together.

Comment

Hmm so the Villan in the new scenario is Javier hmm sounds like another mad man ready to become a BOW for the final battle to me.

Comment

Indeed it does. Even more so after the line that says he hasn't been seen in awhile...dun dun duuuuuunnnn

Comment

new screenshots??? I don't see any new screenshots......
            Spoiler:

Comment

Its only pictures that have not been uplorded onto the site yet it does not mean brand new pictures we will get new pictures out when the new trailer comes out.

Comment

uh oh uh.......thanks
                Spoiler:

Comment

Well after reading the blog and watching the recent trailer, it is clear to me that the country mentioned as the setting is not suppose to be based on Brazil. I thought it would be based on the fact that it includes a big jungle.

But some signs in the scenery are written in Spanish and it is mentioned that it is a small country (Brazil is huge), thus it could be based on the other 6 or 7 smaller countries that also share the Amazon jungle.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Well after reading the blog and watching the recent trailer, it is clear to me that the country mentioned as the setting is not suppose to be based on Brazil. I thought it would be based on the fact that it includes a big jungle.
                    I suppose it makes sense that they'd keep it ambiguous, they never have really given specifics as to where the major locations in the games have been:
                    Raccoon City was simply referred to as being located in the Midwestern US
                    Rockfort Island was just said to be in the Southern Hemisphere
                    The Spanish village (and for that matter all of the locations) in RE 4 were left really unnamed
                    All that we knew about the Umbrella Russia facility was that it was located in the "Caucasus Mountain region" if I recall
                    And of course, Kijuju and the rest of RE 5 was basically just said to be in, well, "Africa". Even Sheva's birthplace isn't really specified.

So I'm not surprised that they're just being very general with the setting for this.

Comment

^ It could be setted in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, PerĂº or Bolivia, each one of those share part of the Amazonic Jungle and talk spanish. The smaller of the ones listed is Ecuador with 283,560 km2. But knowing Capcom they will avoid saying a particular country as they did with the settings of Africa in RE5.

Degeneration could have pointed out to that incident when they were talking about the increasing number of Bio-terrorism around the globe in the new milenium:

Ecuador is the only south american country -besides Brazil- that is marked in the map.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post

Ecuador is the only south american country -besides Brazil- that is marked in the map.
                        For me it is either Colombia or Ecuador, to be honest. Colombia fits to me with the whole drug lord setting...

I didn't noticed on the Degeneration map that there were outbreaks on Mexico... Yeah give me zombies!!!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                          For me it is either Colombia or Ecuador, to be honest. Colombia fits to me with the whole drug lord setting...

I didn't noticed on the Degeneration map that there were outbreaks on Mexico... Yeah give me zombies!!!
                          Looking at that map it seems that there were two outbreaks in Mexico. One near Mexico City and another one at the border (Tijuana?).

It could be San Diego though. That last Comic-Con had a gazillion zombies running around... most of them Twilight fans.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                            Leon's twitter mentioned, that Krauser is his "new partner" so yeah, this will probably be their first mission together.
                            Oh, yeah! I forgot about that. In that case, I'm really quite excited. I can't wait to see how they get along while Krauser is still on the "good" side.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              Looking at that map it seems that there were two outbreaks in Mexico. One near Mexico City and another one at the border (Tijuana?).

It could be San Diego though. That last Comic-Con had a gazillion zombies running around... most of them Twilight fans.
                              SAN DIEGO YOU SAY!? HMMMM...

I live there. hardidy har har.

Also, did anyone notice that sewer-looking area with Manuela at around :44? Looks interesting. Also, at the end of the trailer, at around :48, in the same (or similar looking) area, something is rushing to Leon and Krauser. I hope this isn't a "Allyson" BOW, where Manuela mutates. I really, REALLY don't want another throwaway.

Comment

Working...
                              X