No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on now, be it backgrounds or character models, FFXIII is the most aesthetically beautiful game so far from the next gen in development lineup, and it's nowhere near completion. If it's not special, I don't know what is. And yes, almost everything show has been realtime, aside from a few CGI shots (not claims, as the game was shown to Famitsu editors). It's nowhere near completion, and not target realtime renders like the RE5 or DMC4 trailers from last year.

Not saying that Capcom won't meet them, and in fact, Kobayashi confirmed that they've met and will possibly surpass the visuals shown in the TGS trailer of DMC4.

I suppose it boils down to aesthetic preference.

Originally posted by pogo

Did any of you look up Tekken 6 from E3 05 then look at the trailer at 06? I would like to know how they could guess so far off the mark with that one. It looked more like a enhanced Tekken Dark Resurrection to me.
    Rushed just for the show, so it's nothing to go by. Namco's Tekken team has always been at the front of PS platform development since 1994, and all their titles have been great showcases. T6 is missing launch, and it's not going to be playable at the TGS That's a good thing though.

Like Capcom, they showed target renders last year, but creating a fighting game is a bit more complex on the whole so it's taking more time. They've had their hands busy with DR, and the PSP port.

Comment

No, it hasnt all been real time. PSM said it themselves that there was CGI along with some in-game rendered shots. The likes of Gears of War, Halo 3, plus plenty of PS3 games at that, look plenty as good as FFXIII.

Comment

I didn't say it was all realtime ;)

I go by Famitsu translations, because as we all know, PSM is... well, The Inquirer of the print press.
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-23-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

The translations are just as bad a majority of the times

Comment

I didn't make that comment about PSM just to make this particular point; I really don't like the mag at all. My translator sources are residents of Japan, and some of them work for "certain" publishers.

At any rate, the CGI shots can be distinguished from the realtime ones. Obviously, nothing's going to be close to new CGI in the next generation.

Comment

Regardless. These are still trailers, that can be edited and changed and updated. *doesn't know what relevance that has* Anyway. Perhaps we should re-direct conversation back to the trailer of RE5. I could see a small arguement beginning out of the current line of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                Different developers have different abilities. If Dead Rising is any indication I think they are doing a fine job, not quite the quality of the trailer for RE5 but probably close to it.
                Dead Rising preview (Hobby Consolas 180):

Comment

I heard a rumour that the Wii game could infact be RE5 after all, according to Evil Unleashed that is. They are even bigger than Resident Evil Horror now.

Comment

Peter, that was probably speculation from a mis-translation on Pro-G's interview with a dev.

Comment

That's most likely it. Capcom put out a seperate released on their IR site for the Wii game, referring to it as "RE series". A watered down port of RE5 VS. a Wii-specifc game.. tough choice.

Hmm, didn't realize that REH is considered "big" LOL. No wonder it's been so cold around here.

Comment

Yeah, the Resident Evil community has been rather dry lately. I believe Resident Evil 5 is sitting on the back burner as we speak. I just wish Capcom would give us something new to talk about. Although I must thank them for the controversy they've caused. They certainly kept us occupied for months before Resident Evil 4 was released.

Comment

I had even heard rumors of Resident evil 6 too.

I heard that Jill is going to have her own brother , Kelly.

that BEFORE chris redfield become RE5 cast, but I had really heard RE6.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlumit
                            I had even heard rumors of Resident evil 6 too.

I heard that Jill is going to have her own brother , Kelly.

that BEFORE chris redfield become RE5 cast, but I had really heard RE6.
                            Woah. Early for that isn't it? Also, if that Jill thing is true I don't really like it. More characters please. (Good ones.) Not more siblings etc.

Comment

one yr Before bio4 is going to issue, I already heard bio5. it's truth, maybe china has news slower than japan's capcom BUT quicker than anywhere else.

I have some chinese net-buddies. that is why i know 5 in 2004. Late 2004. the cast is being rumored to be jill's young bro kelly, kelly isn't from my own imagination. japanese side spread this out.

so 6 one may also be true
                              Last edited by Arlumit; 09-07-2006, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Thats about the most implausible thing ever. Its clearly Chris as hinted by the devs, and for gods sake look at the knife. I heard that rumor too but its utter trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X