Resident Evil 5 Demo, a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Demo, a possibility?

NikkoCitiGroup is reporting on Capcom's apparent elation with how well Dead Rising's sales are going. They point to the Xbox Live demo as a main contributor to the success of the game.

This initial success of Dead Rising outlines the increasingly important role of digitally downloaded demos. NikkoCitiGroup analyst Soichiro Fukuda wrote, "Robust Dead Rising sales suggest the establishment of a successful pattern for US marketing whereby trial version downloads stimulate interest and lead to stronger actual sales." Users downloaded around 300,000 Dead Rising demos over Xbox Live worldwide.
    Whether or not this is how Capcom feels is still up in the air, however if this is any indication theres a strong possibility XBOX Live will see a Resident Evil 5 demo prior to the release. More details can be read at Next Gen Biz.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-19-2006, 06:13 AM.

Hey is it possible to rip the demos off of the 360?
    Last edited by Saint_Eve; 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I beleive theres a software/hardware combo that lets you get files off the 360 HDD. Ill have to look into it of course if the demo is real ;)

Comment

If there is one, then hopefully that method won't be defunct(or another will come about) by the time the demo rolls around.
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

*for once wishes he had a 360* If it's true. I want that demo so bad.

Comment

The only reason y i dont want a 360 is because i hear a lot of people are having a very hard time with disk read errors and other problems.

Comment

I've just never been overly fond of the X-Box platforms. I don't know why. I'm more of a PlayStation Man. ;) XP

Comment

Disk read errors? My friend Jeff plays his like a mofo, has like almost all the damn games, he hadnt had one yet, he bought his about... 3 months after its initial release.

But yeah this method, Im sure it is possible, its just that it would be nice to be able to keep a copy of the demo... wait sec though, do the Japanese get their own demo? You know like with all the other Resident Evils....
                Last edited by Saint_Eve; 08-21-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint_Eve
                  wait sec though, do the Japanese get their own demo? You know like with all the other Resident Evils....
                  Damn you! Now Im gonna have to find someone in Japan to get it for me!

Comment

Just make a damn JP live account and grab it off the JP marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by Borman
                      Just make a damn JP live account and grab it off the JP marketplace
                      How does one do that?

Comment

Look it up, tons of guides on the net, free as well ;P Only one or two demos havent worked so far AFAIK

Comment

Oh interesting..... I wonder if the Dead Rising Demo in Japan was any different. Talking about demos, I recently got my hands on like 4 or 5 of the GC Store Demo disks, well, one of them has a new RE4 trailer that if I am correct, hasnt been released on the net yet.

Comment

How much did you pay for them?

Comment

Working...
                            X