Resident Evil 5 Not Playable At TGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Not Playable At TGS

Gamespot has released a preliminary list of what games will be playable for the PSP and PS3 systems at the Tokyo Game Show this year (scheduled for Sept 22, 23, 24). While Devil may Cry 4 is listed, Resident Evil 5 is sadly absent. It seems that development has still not ramped up to an adequate pace yet which is a shame. Hopefully a new trailer will be released however no details supporting that are available yet. A full list of the playable games for the PS3 is below.
    • Armored Core 4 (From Software)
    • Blade Storm Hyakunen Sensou (Koei)
    • Coded Arms Assault (Konami)
    • Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)
    • The Eye of Judgment (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Fatal Inertia (Koei)
    • Formula One World Championship (working title) (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Genji (working title) (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • "Gran Turismo" Series (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Lair (working title) (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Mahjong Taikai IV (Koei)
    • Minna no Golf 5 (working title) (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Namco Bandai Games)
    • MotorStorm (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Railfan (Ongakukan)
    • Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony Computer Entertainment)
    • Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai Games)
    • Warhawk (Sony Computer Entertainment)

Hmm thats a shame. Im sure there will be atleast a trialer tho, I mean its bean a fucking year since we last heard anything of BH5.

Comment

Well, the only thing we seen so far is whats classified as a "Target Render". You may recall other Target Renders, like Killzone and such. Whether Capcom will meet that level of detail remains to be seen, but I have faith. It probably wont be spot on, but it will be close enough.

As posted earlier Lost Planet is the producers main focus right now, which is a shame. Resident Evil is a proven IP, and Im not sure why they would put Lost Planet over it. I just wish we'd get to see In Game shots by now.

Comment

In my opinion, they are doing the right thing by putting effort into a new game. Its good to see Capcom actually putting any sort of real effort into making a new game, and not half-assing it and waiting for a review to tell them what they did wrong.

Comment

Limited resources would be it. The teams are getting too big, with few new recruits amounts to focus on one project at a time basically. Especially that Studio 2 is handling both games, with Studio 4 primary focus being DMC4. New, or proven IP, Capcom rarely puts in a half assed effort

As far as target render goes, unlike SCEE's CGI "target" of Killzone, the RE5 one was actually realtime. Texture details should match, or surpass the demo, with the only missing elements being finer physics with running and muscle animations.

The DMC4 video at the last TGS was a combination of realtime "temp" models, and some CGI effects. Kobayashi later confirmed around January that the visuals "will at least" be on par with them. I see no reason why they couldn't do the same with RE5. It's not like there is a big gap between the PS3 and 360 real world performances as was the case between the PS2 and Xbox. The game will be stunning on both platforms, with most probably minimal differences.

EDIT: Eh, call me crazy.. but I remain a tad optimistic that one of the remaining 8 unrevealed playable titles is RE5.
          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

capcom DID say earlier that they'd have RE5 playable at TGS, if they don't. Shame on them.

Comment

I can't see another video coming, nevermind a demo of gameplay. It's still too early for such a thing. I'd be really suprised.

Development on other games has been moving rather quickly for next gen systems, but I don't think the development team wants to show too much from RE5 when the game isn't complete yet and the release date is still TBA. Even if they did promise a playable demo at TGS(did they really??), you guys are asking for too much.
              Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 08-25-2006, 03:06 PM.
              If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

isn't there 27 PS3 games playable? cause thats only 19 so it might be playabel at TGS they jsut haven't annouced it yet

Comment

Ah, I just read the release on Sony Japan. Gamespot didnt mention anything about that ;\. Considering we havent even seen a trailer yet (a real one) I'd doubt its playable at all.

Comment

Actually 50, they (Gamespot) did :-P
                    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-26-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X