Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch Situation Update

I whould love to see the Podcast return but if there aint much discuss then there's really no point in doing one but saying there could do a Podcast after Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles comes out there's something to discuss.

Personally I love them, I jut started listening to 11 and 12. and I spend pretty much the last few work days just listening to them over and over.

Optic Camouflage

I always liked listening to the podcasts, and I'd like to hear one based on DSC.

Spencer will be missed. I spoke to him a few months ago, and like some other people have said, he didn't express any interest in returning, and I can't say I blame him. I just wish him the best.

I wouldn't mind the Dispatch Podcasts ending, but then again it's the only place us fans can get an insight into what fellow Resident Evil gamers think on games, movies, trailers etc.
    They don't have to come out as quick, a two month break would be ideal, along with maybe a specail here and there when big things happen, such as a new Resident Evil release. I haven't heard all of the episodes that have come out, which is why I wouldn't mind, if it was too much to take on, ending it.
    You can always start it up again next year or maybe plan something new, I don't know, this is just coming from me thinking what would be ideal at this time.

#13 Brain Sucker TheOvermind001's Avatar

Ive downloaded most of them and enjoyed them a lot.
    I'd say keep them going if you can in the long run.

#07 Giant Moth

Hey Dot and the rest of THIA,

I've been a frequent visitor to your website for a long time but I'm sad to say I haven't participated in the community up till now.

I would personally love for you to continue with the podcast, I'm on my third listening through all of them now!

Of course its your decision, you decide whats best given the current situation. Best regards to Mr Spencer, I'm very sad that he will no longer be able to participate.

War Horse Uranium

New one, soon. But its just something to put up so Itunes doesn't kill our listing. It'll be around an hour long. We don't focus on any games, but we do some readings from the RE community. Bloopers will be very graphic, since we just found fanfiction.net, so don't listen with your family around.

Savior of the Red Herb

^ What do you mean, readings?

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    ^ What do you mean, readings?

Savior of the Red Herb

... Um... I dunno if that makes me excited or thoroughly creeped out.

Boulder Incident Witness

Oh Christ. They've found FF.net. That's a hell hole of epic fail.

I just hope you lot don't read any of mine xD

Savior of the Red Herb

XDD Oh dear... hell hath no fury.
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-22-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Mr. Spencer would like me to tell you all that he is truly touched and grateful for everyone's kind words, and that he really appreciates it and it means a lot to him.

:]

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I think we may have lost Mr. Spencer permanently. He recently had several terrible tragedies befall him recently and hasn't been online for several weeks now. I hope its not the case, but he seems to have no interest in participating in the community anymore.

The question I should be asking is does anyone here even want us to return? This isn't some cry for attention, but I'm curious if there is a genuine interest for the podcast to return. Since it takes so long to edit and create, I need to know if its worth-while to continue forward at this point. Please be honest, we won't get mad or upset at your responses.
    Please make more dude!
    I'll make a 50 minute pre-recorded convo for the podcast if i have to
    Best wishes to Mr. Spensor
    Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 12-13-2009 at 06:05 PM.

I didn't really notice this topic until now and I'm saddened to hear the news about Mr. Spencer.
    Just recently, I posted a message on his wall regarding his avatar until I noticed the last
    time he logged on was october. I really wish him the best on whatever he decides to do
    from now on.

Just like "IllGiveYouStars" I've been a really frequent visitor to the site since 2005, but
    just joined recently. I would really love to hear more from the podcasts since I'm quite
    fond to them since episode 1.

Btw, Great job on the fanfic reading on the latest episode it was hilarious...even though
    it wasn't about any of the games, it was quite enjoyable.
    Last edited by Kaneco; 12-14-2009 at 09:09 AM.

#06 Crow

I understand what Dot50 feels about the Podcast being on hold...

I must say that I heard every Podcast you've released and I sincerely think they're great.

Those episodes were just what I wanted to hear, I was really looking forward to RE5 and every single drop of fresh new info was discussed here in the community and in a very enjoyable Podcast.

So, for me it was like a radio news programme about RE5 from people who actually knows a lot about RE Series and they think pretty much like myself.

Unfortunately, RE5 was a good game but after 4 years of development I was expecting a great game. As a fan I really felt a huge disappointment but I knew that Mikami absence was not a good signal.

As I felt disappointed for RE5, my visits to the site were frequently less and I think that a Podcast without a big RE title was also a difficult one to fulfill with content.

But when that happened I have to say that I had listened one more time the RPD Dispatch about Dead Space and that was a key factor for me to buy it. So when RE5 was out, I had the 2 games and I prefered to finish Dead Space before RE5. So I need to thank you about your recommendation on Dead Space.

If it wasn't for that episode I would have miss what is probably the best survival horror of this console generation.

As a bad listener, I haven't made you aware that I really appreciate your hard work and effort and I believe there's probably lots of people like me that will always enjoy a new episode of the RPD Dispatch

Keep it in mind ;)
    Last edited by Handsome Rob; 12-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.

THIA Staff

I'm actually amazed by how many have crawled out and revealed their desires for more podcast stuff.

Some of us have been talking about trying to... OOops! I can't say more than that, actually. If we happen to find the time, I guess... Darn! I can't really say anything without spilling beans. These are busy times!

Boulder Incident Witness

The can's already half open, might as well pour it out or it will spoil!!!

We have ways of making you talk, Carnivol.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 12-21-2009 at 12:30 PM.

#06 Crow

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    I'm actually amazed by how many have crawled out and revealed their desires for more podcast stuff.

Some of us have been talking about trying to... OOops! I can't say more than that, actually. If we happen to find the time, I guess... Darn! I can't really say anything without spilling beans. These are busy times!
    It's something you do because you like it, it's not for money, it's because you feel fine doing it.

So if it's not your first priorities in life, then don't do it.

People ought to respect that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information