Shattered Memories Possibly Being Delayed a Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Memories Possibly Being Delayed a Month

Konami's overhaul of the original Silent Hill may be making a later appearance than previously planned. Retailers have bumped Silent Hill: Shattered Memories release date about a month, meaning the game could miss Black Friday availability.

Konami's overhaul of the original Silent Hill may be making a later appearance than previously planned. Retailers have bumped Silent Hill: Shattered Memories release date about a month, meaning the game could miss Black Friday availability.

According to listings from GameFly and GameStop—typically the quickest retailers to react to delays—the Wii, PlayStation 2 and PSP game has been moved back about a month. There's some disagreement about exactly when the game's various incarnations are due.

GameStop says every version hits December 8, originally scheduling it for a November 3 release. GameFly says the Wii version arrives November 26, but puts a more ominous December 31 on the PS2 and PSP versions. Walmart.com's release dates for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are closer to GameFly's, with the PlayStation versions arriving Christmas Day.

unfortunately A-J your right. but there all wrong. i just called konami and the date is not announced yet, they say when they do announce it it will be with a reputable site like gamespot or through there own site

Comment

ok so far
      amazon.com, wikipedia: nov 3rd

gamestop, walmart and newegg: dec 8th

close call seeing as amazon usually carries the near correct date in my book

Comment

wouldn't bother me if it gets delayed, i really hate when they dogpile shit all in the same month.
        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Same here, especially now that I'm more independent on buying my games... I somehow get lucky enough to make just enough money on the side for one game at a time that I preorder, so... Yeah, doesn't bother me.

Comment

well i hope its later than sooner, i havet o buy a new video card and MW2 next month

Comment

I hope they cancel it, like RE2 got scrapped. Then maybe we can have a remake of the original masterpiece

Comment

Yeah, it's all in a heap. I'm bitterly disappointed with all the delays of this game. First, it's supposed to be released on October 15, then it's November 3, then it's December 8, now it's unknown. Goddamn it all.

Comment

Wii version debuts on December 8
                  sigpic

Comment

Good. Becaause if this was also delayed to Feb/March next year? I'd kill a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                      I hope they cancel it, like RE2 got scrapped. Then maybe we can have a remake of the original masterpiece
                      Do you really want remake of the first Silent Hill made by a western studio? Like, really? Because at this point we know that Team Silent won't return to make another Silent Hill game. The original SH game was very Japanese (for example the fourth floor of hospital suddenly appearing only in the otherworld isn't just messing with gamers head - in Japanese word "four" is similar to word "death", hence it is considered to be unlucky number) and no western studio would be able to successfully recreate the atmosphere the game has.

With the whole "re-imaging" Climax at least has the opportunity to do their own Silent Hill game but without messing with the original plot, myths etc. Right now they aren't bound by what Team Silent made, aren't forced to make the whole rusty and bloody world again, to deal with the Order, to have this and that - and I think that's great. Main problem with Homecoming and Origins was that those were Silent Hill games made by a book - it's like creators had this check list "what a good SH game should have" and that's why those games lack any originality, that they only consist of ideas created in previous SH titles. Just look at SH2 - it was completely different than SH1 when it comes to plot and atmosphere; then look at SH4 - lots of people still say that this isn't "a proper SH title" because there's no such things as blood and rusty otherworld or radio.
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-14-2009, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                        You can't remake a masterpiece, what this game is doing is the best thing to do to a masterpiece, respect it and attempt to create an alternate telling of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                          You can't remake a masterpiece, what this game is doing is the best thing to do to a masterpiece, respect it and attempt to create an alternate telling of it.
                          I see you like the RE movies, since that is exactlly what P. Anderson did.... hahahaha! naa, I'm kiding, and by the way, I don't like what they did, I would have prefered a remake, if they wanted a new game with diferent story, they should have just made a new game, maybe even silent hill 6!

Comment

So you'd rather they did what the RE movies did which you just bashed?

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                              *cough*REmake and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles*cough*
                              Last edited by ValentineLover; 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X