RE4 Tells A Better Story than RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    They haven't removed anything. Capcom simply omitted Wesker's last line regarding Sherry out of the 10th anniversary version of Wesker's Report leading some people to believe this potential plot line has been discarded. Its still in the original versions of course, so believe what you wish.
    No, its removed. It directly contradicts RE3. Darkside Chronicles will confirm it.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Darkside Chronicles will confirm it.
      Do you have the cognitive ability to see into the future? Didn't think so.

While yes, it is very likely what you described is what actually occurs, it can't be said with absolute certainty until DSC comes out.
      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
        Do you have the cognitive ability to see into the future? Didn't think so.

While yes, it is very likely what you described is what actually occurs, it can't be said with absolute certainty until DSC comes out.
        Well excuse me, I didn't know stating the obvious was a crime.

They already showed Leon in their custody immediately after the scenario, and RE3 already has Sherry in their custody.

1+1=2

Comment

I don't quite see how RE3 contridicts it really, if u mean sherry's epilogue file there's nothing to suggest that Wesker didn't simply take steps to acquire her after she had been taken into custody by the government. The Organisation will more than likely have people working for them, hell they may even be a branch of the government themselves.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
            Remember CODE: Veronica? The game where Chris also wasn't "must stop Umbrella" type of hero but rather "must find Claire" type?
            The Rockfort Island part of the game starts with "Don't worry Claire, I’m coming to get you." and ends with "Hold on Claire, I'll save you.". He even tells Wesker "You attacked the island! And my sister!" as if Wesker deliberately attacked Rockfort because Claire was there and people who died on the island didn't matter. Sure, you don't hear constant "Claire, Claire, Claire" from him, but that's only because there's less people Chris can talk to in RECV than in RE5. Instead Chris started talking to himself. How is this any different than RE5 Chris? He's just caring about those he loves, that's all.
            If anything I would say that Chris is the only character out of those that appeared in new RE games (RE4/RE5) that stayed true to his previous incarnations.
            Oh, trust me, I know. He's always been a one-track-mind character and I agree, that's why he stayed true to his previous incarnations. I didn't mean to lump that in with the rest of my argument because your point is correct and I know that. I meant to put it with my 'shit-storytelling' argument and not my 'RE5 butchered the RE storyline' argument, I just formed my post poorly.
            Last edited by Vector; 10-20-2009, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              I don't quite see how RE3 contridicts it really, if u mean sherry's epilogue file there's nothing to suggest that Wesker didn't simply take steps to acquire her after she had been taken into custody by the government. The Organisation will more than likely have people working for them, hell they may even be a branch of the government themselves.
              That is speculation as opposed to the facts we have been presented with. There is nothing that makes it "more than likely" that The Organization has agents in the US government, and absolutely nothing to suggest they are a branch of the government themselves. They are nothing more than a rival company to Umbrella whose motives are unknown.

Comment

I never said it was anything more than speculation, it just said there's a pretty good chance that 'The Organisation' has people working in the government. Why is that so unlikely? You said it urself that Umbrella's influence within the government influenced events during the Raccoon City incident so why not the Organisation?
                It will be a pretty shit revelation if they turn out to be just another rival to Umbrella. I know this is indicated in Wesker's Report and the Archives but for me Seperate Ways gave the impression that pushed this group in a whole new direction, much more clandestine and intelligent than Umbrella has ever been. I'd like to see them turn out to be something akin to Weyland-Yutani as opposed to primarily pharmaceuticals driven.

I'm just making the point that just because Sherry is in the hands of the government immediatley post RE2 doesn't mean a single thing. Even before this plot had so-called been dropped i had always assumed Wesker had acquired her through contacts in the government sometime afterwards.
                Last edited by TheBatMan; 10-20-2009, 07:16 AM.
                "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

I can see the Organization with potential double-agents within the Government. The fact that Leon somehow knows Ada is working with Wesker shows there had to have been a leak somewhere. If that is the case, then its possible he acquired Sherry through them. Doubtful. But very possible.
                  Last edited by Wesker_101; 10-20-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker_101 View Post
                    I can see the Organization with potential double-agents within the Government. The fact that Leon somehow knows Ada is working with Wesker shows there had to have been a leak somewhere. If that is the case, then its possible he acquired Sherry through them. Doubtful. But very possible.
                    Leon's knowledge of Wesker could have come from a lot of places. He was in contact with Chris and Claire, and they both knew him. On top of that, its possible that Wesker is a factor in Operation Javier, being the only man with the T-Veronica virus who hands it out to anyone.

Comment

Well excuse me, I didn't know stating the obvious was a crime.

They already showed Leon in their custody immediately after the scenario, and RE3 already has Sherry in their custody.

1+1=2
                      You misunderstand me; I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that it's a little premature to jump to that conclusion considering how often Capcom makes oversights.
                      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Leon's knowledge of Wesker could have come from a lot of places. He was in contact with Chris and Claire, and they both knew him. On top of that, its possible that Wesker is a factor in Operation Javier, being the only man with the T-Veronica virus who hands it out to anyone.
                        Yes, for me this is one of the most interesting aspects Darkside Chronicles has to offer. We know that Wesker only has a minimal role in DC and we know for sure he will appear in the CV segment. We also know T-Veronica is involved in Operation Javier so the obvious question is how does Javier get hold of the sample? This leads to two conclusions;
                        1. He got it off Wesker, indicating that he plays a slightly larger role in the overall proceedings than we had first thought. {DC Douglas himself has said it is only a very small flashback role}
                        2. If Wesker is not involved then this must confirm the presence of 'The Organisation'. Umbrella themselves never had access to T-Veronica as far as we know. As Leon mentions in the trailer the virus was deemed a failure and research was discontinued. I'm assuming this is around 1983 when Alexia is reported 'dead'. Wesker comments in CVX that the only existing sample is inside Alexia and of course, Steve. To cut a long story short, only Wesker and The Organisation have a sample of T-Veronica.
                        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Resident Evil 4's story, though I might like the game a little bit more than 5 overall, is trash. Truly, absolutely awful garbage
                          +

Leon felt like he'd been manufactured to be as cool as possible
                          =

Best RE game storyline ever IMHO. Why? Because it didn't try to be something that is not, it didn't even bother. However, RE5 tried to be "epic", and woe is me, for I skipped just about every cutscene on my first playthrough. You got no idea how much of a sucky storyline a game must have for me to do that. As for the canon, I stopped paying much atention after Veronica. Zero? Zero was the fucking mercy shot.
                          Last edited by Rock it.; 10-22-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            This.

The main point of video games is to just have fun playing them....not to entirely focus on whether this charcter or that character has a realistic personality or not. Now, I'm not saying none of that stuff matters, but to me it's definitely not something to be that overly concerned about. Character development and good storytelling are things movies and books specialize in, not video games.
                            Although what you say holds truth in most regards. I do have to say I disagree with it. We want the medium to grow and mature. sure some games wil always be the trashy storylines merely there to propel gameplay. But there should be games out there trying to break narrative ground, to tell a good story.

Comment

I'll put it like this. In my opinion RE4's story wasn't as good as RE5's, but as far as "telling" the story it far surpassed 5. RE4's story was so fluid and all the chapters seemed to lead into one another really well. In RE5, ALOT of the chapters seemed out of place for me, especially the ones featuring the tribal majini...which was sad because I think they were the scariest. Maybe it was just that RE5 had so many locations crammed into a somewhat short game.
                              RE5= Town, Marshlands, Tribal Village, Experimental Facilities/Labs, Ship, Volcano.
                              RE4= Village, Castle, Island.
                              RE4 told it's story better, but it also had less going on.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 10-23-2009, 04:27 PM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for posting that info. I would like to to see Sugimura write another RE story...I mean anyone who has the balls to try and kill off a main RE character is cool in my book.
                                Last edited by REmaster; 10-24-2009, 01:46 PM.
                                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                                X