Biohazard 0 Beta Cutscene - 640x368!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nisto View Post
    Oh, heh... that's funny. Thanks for replying, but what am I supposed to change the values at 0x420 to? I'm not familiar with the layout of GCM images. I figured out that it's the last part of boot.bin, but...
    The values at 0x420 will be filled for you by the rebuilder (Do no modify them, hence, they are blacked-out in the example). If you're curious to know what they are, here:

0x420 Pointer to DOL executable
    0x424 Pointer to DVD TOC
    0x428 Size of TOC (minimum)
    0x42C Size of TOC (maximum)

0x430 GC Memory location - in that example, it should be 0x8003FF80.
    0x434 Pointer to start of DVD data
    0x438 Size of DVD data

The rest are debug and disc flags that are required by the apploader and/or DOL executable.

EDIT:

If all-else fails, I can provide some new examples - I've since located H4M players that support Ver.1.3, Ver.1.4 and Ver.1.5.

Even better, I can provide a pre-built solution, where you simply replace the on-disc H4M with another of your choice.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 05-19-2014, 02:09 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Ah. I thought you were referring to the blacked-out part...

Anyway, the next questions becomes of course;

1: is 0x8003FF80 (or maybe rather 0x0003FF80 as shown in the picture?) a constant value that's expected by the main executable? Since it's an address, I mean... Or does that vary? If that's the case, how do I determine what it needs to be changed to?

2: Where does "DVD Data" start? Right by the text in "filename.txt" (since it's the first file in the resulting image), or somewhere else?

Because I just tried the theories mentioned above, and it still won't start (I edited the values at offset 0x430, not 0x420).

Examples would be nice. The other H4M players you found would also be nice. And a "pre-built solution", and... and... and... Gah, I'm such a beggar.
      Last edited by Nisto; 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Ah. I thought you were referring to the blacked-out part...

Anyway, the next questions becomes of course;

1: is 0x8003FF80 (or maybe rather 0x0003FF80 as shown in the picture?) a constant value that's expected by the main executable? Since it's an address, I mean... Or does that vary? If that's the case, how do I determine what it needs to be changed to?

2: Where does "DVD Data" start? Right by the text in "filename.txt" (since it's the first file in the resulting image), or somewhere else?

Because I just tried the theories mentioned above, and it still won't start (I edited the values at offset 0x430, not 0x420).

Examples would be nice. The other H4M players you found would also be nice. And a "pre-built solution", and... and... and... Gah, I'm such a beggar.
        1 - Yup, constant and expected by the apploader/executable. For the example, you don't need to modify it... but when rebuilding, simply reuse the information from the original GCM.

2 - DVD data starts where the very first file is placed. Therefore, it also acts as a pointer to the first file in the TOC.

I went ahead and attached a pre-built solution for HVQM4 1.3 video. All you need to do is simply replace the 'Video.h4m' file with another of your choice.

I just personally tested it with a newer model Wii with WiiKey Fusion installed - it worked flawlessly.
        Attached Files
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

But Bio0 has HVQM 1.5 files? And I don't see any "filename.txt" file in this .gcm? Am I doing something wrong there... should I not be making a .txt file with the .h4m filename in it after all? Another thing: playing the image file you attached only shows a green frame with continuously popping audio in Dolphin 4.0.2... Is that expected?

(Does it not work on emulator? Guess I'll have to drag my Cube back out in that case.. and possibly waste another disc, as I don't have an ethernet adapter to stream it through :p)

EDIT: I tried replacing Video.h4m with a custom .h4m file from Bio0.. Dolphin still just crashes on me.
          Last edited by Nisto; 05-19-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

But Bio0 has HVQM 1.5 files? And I don't see any "filename.txt" file in this .gcm? Am I doing something wrong there... should I not be making a .txt file with the .h4m filename in it after all? Another thing: playing the image file you attached only shows a green frame with continuously popping audio in Dolphin 4.0.2... Is that expected?

(Does it not work on emulator? Guess I'll have to drag my Cube back out in that case.. and possibly waste another disc, as I don't have an ethernet adapter to stream it through :p)

EDIT: I tried replacing Video.h4m with a custom .h4m file from Bio0.. Dolphin still just crashes on me.
            Ah, yeah. Well, then, I'll provide a player for ver.1.5 files.

It doesn't contain "filename.txt" because it is a different player - it isn't required.

Nope, you don' need to make a "filename.txt", and you especially don't need to extract/rebuild the GCM. It's very simple - replace 'Video.h4m' with another h4m of your choice. There's really nothing more to it than that. No extraction/rebuilding required.

The reason why nothing plays, by default, is because I didn't actually put a video on the disc - it's simply zero-padding, meant to be replaced by a h4m video of your choice. If I had included a video, the archive size would have jumped from 1.5mb to something outrageous (100mb, etc).

Dolphin
            Right there's your problem.

I generally don't test in emulators, most especially with anything related to GameCube/Wii. From what I can remember, Dolphin has always had trouble playing H4M video, in one way or another. In addition, you need a 2000$ PC just to run the damned application.

As mentioned, I personally tested the 1.3 build on my Wii and it ran perfectly - there's no reason why it wouldn't work on a GameCube, either. You'll likely need the 1.5 player for Bio0, which I'll provide shortly. I apologize for providing the wrong version.

If all-else fails, then, I'll provide my in-development application for handling GCM data - it's what I personally use, and proven to work properly just today with the 1.3 example. I've never used GCRebuilder, etc, so I don't know how well it works, if even at all.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I've attached a pre-built solution for HVQM 1.5 video to this post.

Same as before - simply replace the 'Video.h4m' file with another of your choice.

I personally tested it in a newer Wii with WiiKey Fusion with flawless results...

-however-

It doesn't work with retail Bio0 h4m. Yet again, CAPCOM pulled another dick move and made their video proprietary - in this particular case, the video requires external file data (with a *.bin extension) for proper playback.

Most unfortunately, there's no play that can handle CAPCOM's proprietary bullshit. I'm sad to say that I've helped the best I can, but there's nothing else I can do, for now.
              Attached Files
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Aaah.. thing is I was mainly curious about two videos on Bio0 specifically, so guess I'll just have to do some manual file replacement to check these out then. But how did you guys play the beta video from the Bio0 trial then? Did they not use this proprietary h4m+bin structure in the trial? (I don't have the Trial at hand.)

You've helped a lot either way. I'm grateful that you put up with me more importantly.
                Last edited by Nisto; 05-20-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Aaah.. thing is I was mainly curious about two videos on Bio0 specifically, so guess I'll just have to do some manual file replacement to check these out then. But how did you guys play the beta video from the Bio0 trial then? Did they not use this proprietary h4m+bin structure in the trial? (I don't have the Trial at hand.)

You've helped a lot either way. I'm grateful that you put up with me more importantly.
                  They didn't use the proprietary format for the Trial Edition - it was standard format Ver.1.3.

...and yeah, manual file swapping will be the only way [...]. I never looked on the retail version for anything of particular interest, so, if you find anything be sure to let the good folks of this forum know about it!
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                  X