No announcement yet.

Biohazard 0 Beta Cutscene - 640x368!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm thank you but i dont have a capture card and the game doesnt run properly on dolphin also

Comment

I have ISO / GCM's of the cutscenes which you can run on a GC or Wii or emulator
      ...you still have the custom H4M Player GCM that I constructed?! Would you mind uploading it somewhere? I seem to have misplaced/lost it, along with the information...
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Constructed? it's from The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition that's emu_kidid told me.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 02-28-2010, 07:13 PM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Constructed? it's from The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition that's emu_kidid told me.
          Yeah... I took the DOL executable (which I definitely did not develop), the H4M from the BioZero Trial and constructed a GCM. At the time (of release), there weren't many people who knew how to accomplish this. You act as if I claimed to have developed the executable, or something...

Anyways, thank for the upload.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U2XKZTSW
            can i use this to play h4m files on my comp?

Comment

As far as I know, no one's made a proper playback solution for the format used in Capcom's GC releases. Closest you get is the custom ISOs that'll load whichever H4M you insert into it.

The old encodes we have is about as clean as it can get. As stated in the old newspost, the artifacting on these scenes was pretty bad in the first place.

I don't remember if there was a water mark on the old upload (too lazy to redownload to check now :p)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                Yeah... I took the DOL executable (which I definitely did not develop), the H4M from the BioZero Trial and constructed a GCM. At the time (of release), there weren't many people who knew how to accomplish this. You act as if I claimed to have developed the executable, or something...

Anyways, thank for the upload.
                Originaly I thought you did make it, which is not so unbelievable given your skills and knowledge of game file formats
                I can re-upload but I'd have to include the hombrew apploader instead as the one inlcluded in your guide was from a retail game.
                If I remember correctly the GCM comes out as NTSC but it black screens so you need to force it to play as an PAL GCM even though the GCM is NTSC which can be done with SD-Boot or an emulator.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  As far as I know, no one's made a proper playback solution for the format used in Capcom's GC releases. Closest you get is the custom ISOs that'll load whichever H4M you insert into it.

The old encodes we have is about as clean as it can get. As stated in the old newspost, the artifacting on these scenes was pretty bad in the first place.

I don't remember if there was a water mark on the old upload (too lazy to redownload to check now :p)
                  uhm what? xD i just want to know if i can play them on windows OS or not

Comment

Wow, just noticed the bump on the topic, and can't help but saw "Wow!" at the fact I've never seen the video. Though, is there any way I can watch the video via the screen on my computer? The first link is dead (probably because it's so old). Whether you can or not, thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by XBIOHAZARDX View Post
                      uhm what? xD i just want to know if i can play them on windows OS or not
                      Well, if the opening line about no one having made a codec for it was too complicated, here's a short and direct answer;

No. You can not play the video in "Windows". (Though there are still methods of playing it back via alternate methods, as described in this thread and other places)

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      Wow, just noticed the bump on the topic, and can't help but saw "Wow!" at the fact I've never seen the video. Though, is there any way I can watch the video via the screen on my computer? The first link is dead (probably because it's so old). Whether you can or not, thanks anyway!
                      We have a video sections on the main site ;D
                      Seems like the download link used the old URL before we redesigned the files & folder structure in 2008. Oh well, I've updated the post to link to the video section instead, so you should be able to download it now.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for bringing something old up again, but I was wondering by now, is there any way to get these files playing? Because the Resident Evil 3 for GC are all in .STR but apprantly are H4M.
                        Last edited by Undead Sega; 03-09-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

After over a year no response?

Anyone at all may I ask? I am still trying to get this working but no avail

Comment

Can someone explain how the hell to compile the H4M Player to a GCM image? I tried out the template from hackmii.com and composing using wit COPY, but the output is nowhere near what seems to be expected (looking at the FIX.BMP file)... Am I supposed to use a specific tool? I mean, whoever the author is, s/he wasn't being particularly clear, and there seems to be a gap in the notes or something..

2. Compile your GCM image with [...gap...] using the provided .DOL and Apploader, your .TXT file, and the .H4M file.

I get that I'm supposed to make a "filename.txt" file with the .h4m filename inside that .txt file, but how the h**l do I compile it all to a proper GCM image? And what does s/he mean by "filling in the blanks"? A black bar doesn't tell me anything!

3 - Open the GCM in HEX, and using the provided FIX.BMP and fill in the blanks. (Very Important)

Someone please.. HELP!

Comment

Hello, again.

I created the package for that (the FIX.BMP, etc)... and yeah, I was a little vague with it.

These days, GCM re/builders are dime a dozen - they can be found just about anywhere, given the proper Google search terminology.

For this specific example (the h4m player), I used an application called "GCIC", as it was the only GCM repacker available at the time. The application is in either Italian or French language (can't remember now), but it's fairly strait-forward and easy to use.

If language barrier is a problem, you can try this app: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

^ I have no experience with that one, however, though it seems to be fairly strait-forward as well.

As for "filling in the blanks", GCIC doesn't produce the information found in the FIX.BMP image - you have to place that data yourself. You'll also have to insert the magic word at offset 0x1C. I have no idea if "GCRebuilder" handles either of that, but probably not.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Oh, heh... that's funny. Thanks for replying, but what am I supposed to change the values at 0x420 to? I'm not familiar with the layout of GCM images. I figured out that it's the last part of boot.bin, but...
                                Last edited by Nisto; 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X