GameTrailers : "Resident Evil 9th Funniest Game of All Time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameTrailers : "Resident Evil 9th Funniest Game of All Time"

Forget rankings about scary games, GameTrailers recently ran a "Top 10 funniest games of all time" feature and the original Resident Evil was at the 9th position. They mention the game's dialogues and general localization as being the reason despite the game's otherwise serious tone.

GameTrailers Top 10 Funniest Games thank to aris13

The list was 'meh'. Yes, RE crappy script and dubbing is hilarious, but it's nowhere near being THAT funny to deserve a place in a "top 10 funniest game" list. I can think of several other games that were (intentionally) funnier than the first RE :/.

Comment

Sam and Max...

The Discworld Games...

Dungeon Keeper...

Fallout 1 & 2...

Any of these ring a bell people?

Comment

God Hand, last game from Mikami, it's ten thousands more funny than any Resident Evil game.

But let's face it, when a series stops delivering its primary genre, they expose to judgements like these, so expect more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Rob View Post
          But let's face it, when a series stops delivering its primary genre, they expose to judgements like these, so expect more to come.
          Um, what?

Bitter fanboy rantings aside, the first game was always considered unintentionally hilarious, long before RE4 was even a blip on the radar. You can't honestly believe that RE4 and RE5 are the reason the first game in the series appeared on a list like this. Come on.

Comment

Well, RE4 wasn't funny. Which was part of the problem. It tried a little light comedy but it didn't especially work. This is just my opinion, of course. I know some folks do find Leon's one liners awesome.

But no...RE1 ended up on the list because the voice acting was so awful it makes babies cry. RE4 and RE5 had nothing to do with it. Of course, it shouldn't have been there at all because there are a ton of much funnier games out there...ones that are meant to be funny.

Comment

Crappy list.

Comment

Portal deserved to be much higher on the list.

And wow did they ever spell "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan" wrong.

Comment

Needs moar Earthworm Jim.

Comment

GameTrailers Top 10 Funniest Games
                    Another day, another review/rank-list/commentary... opinions are like assholes; eveybody's got one. In this case, it stinks. As others mentioned, I can think of several games that sould be on a "Top 10 Funny Games".

Concerning RE being on the list, I don't really find humor in human-error.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I can't believe they didn't mention Road Rash for the PS1, my word the funniest game I've ever played. When I play on an emulator with the emulator speed turned up its a riot!

Comment

I cant believe they didn't include Zoo Racing.
                        Sooooo bad its funny.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOvermind001 View Post
                          I cant believe they didn't include Zoo Racing.
                          Sooooo bad its funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdrfRI5SYZg
                          Wow that's some twisted crap. Monks with explosive barrels? Dancing animals? Graphics and music that destroys your brain? Satanic anti-religious sub-text? Terrible VA? Worst gameplay? This is scary stuff.

Comment

Shitty list.

If anything, from RE, RE4 wold get the listing. Horrible one liners, enemies would react in stupid(yet funny) ways, etc.

Oh well, not much is expected from these ranks lists stuff anyways. They usally have terrible choices anyways.

Comment

While I suppose it's alright about having RE 1 on there, I still find it odd that they took it over, say, The House of the Dead 2. I mean come on, there wasn't a single line in that game that didn't make me wonder if they didn't run the script through babelfish and hand it to some random tourists who were in Japan at the time.

Other than that...I kind agree with the stuff on here.
                              Other than managing to mix together Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents, AND Moero!! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii and make it seem like they were all the same game. Kinda sloppy of them. But eh, no big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X