This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little3 clarification...

So I go an IM from one of your moderators this morning, without many details, indicating that THIA was spammed by somebody advertising my forum V-Acts. ( was sleeping when the IM came in. Didn't know about it until a while later.) I just want to let everybody know, that we do not endorse this in any way, nor do we do it ourselves or allow it from our members. It will result in a ban if an IP is recovered, which I am requesting from Alexia via PM whenever she is available.

Our number 6 rule is actually:

Spoiler:

So this means, if you see any advertising of V-Acts on any website but GameFAQs (I am on the REmake boards, I advertise every once in a while) then that means it is a V-Acts TOU Violation and should be reported to me. Meaning please send me a PM here, there, or to alert RT1O2 on GameFAQs Resident Evil for the Gamecube boards.

I apologize for any inconvenience and what troubel this may have caused. Please note that we are frequently attacked by RESW as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a way to decrease the reputation of my site.

Finally, Mortainous could not have done this. (This may be a suspicion.) Not only is he not a trouble maker, as well as he does not break the rules at all (He wrote half of them.) but he has not even logged into V-Acts for more than a week. Personal stuff, I assume. None of my buisness. I digress, he did not have anything to do with it.

Thanks, all. Have a good one.
    Last edited by Steve-Ø; 10-24-2009, 10:25 AM.

In fact... I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Cleggy has always hated Mortainous and always tried to get him hated in the RE Community due to all of the general-RE arguments he los on RE5 GameFAQs boards. He's also spammed us before via Proxy registrations. (Impossible now due to an invitation system) but just assume it was him, or someone of his immaturity and lack of a common sense or a sense of logic.

Comment

We're not allowed to give out I.P addresses, I'm afraid. I didn't think it would have been you, given you'd spoken to me and Paul about the possibility of an affiliation with Project Umbrella, so.

Comment

Yeah, whoever spammed us used a proxy, so I figured it was a safe bet it wasn't who it was supposed to be. I supposed it was meant to annoy both V-Acts and us. Sadly, I didn't fully wake up until after the mess was cleaned up, so I couldn't be annoyed. Ask Zombie Fred. I only had one eye open while I banned him.

I have no idea if it was Cleggy or not. Honestly? Doesn't matter. If it lives under a troll and yells ineffectively while weeping quietly about the smell it's a troll. The specific one doesn't make any difference.

Comment

It does, on the other hand, give me more notes to add to said user's banned account though. Assuming it WAS Cleggy, It'd be yet another reason to deny him a registration when he comes crawling back. As usual. But I agree, their identity can sometimes be irrelevant.

Comment

As per your request, DarkMoon:

Comment

I'm pretty sure its Cleggy myself. That awesome dude thought of a SUPER SEKRET method to getting past IP bans on THIA -- proxies! Only the most known about shit since the internets inception!
              Last edited by Borman; 10-24-2009, 01:12 PM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Edited that out of your post News Bot, already banned him ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                  Edited that out of your post News Bot, already banned him ;)
                  Haha no problem man.

Cleggy is generally the only one next to beasley with the mental issues required to be such a loser on an internet forum.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

To be honest, i actually think Cleggy has slightly more intelligence and originality to just put a "pid" on the end of my name.

Comment

It's possible. But we'll never know.

...or care.

Comment

Idiots will be idiots. Lets not give them an audience. Give it a couple of years. They'll eventually get a job and grow up.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-28-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X