No announcement yet.

Ok, someone explain to me Silent Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrifying. It scares me far more than the other games...and, yes, largely because of how easy it is to die. Also, the creepy assness of the whole game.

The second game's hint system removed a lot of the frustration of the first game, but if you keep the enemy difficulty on normal or high it's still a challenging, difficult game. You just don't spend three hours banging your head against the wall trying to work out an incredibly hard puzzle.

It was fun spotting some of the similarities between Siren and Silent Hill though. Static Radio, sexy evil nurses, demonic beings from other worlds...

Comment

My mind really wants to hope you're the first person to refer to the zombie nurses in SH as sexy but I know you're not.
      Last edited by Nikovich; 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Was Forbidden Siren released in the US? all I can find on is UK releases etc.. nothing about US I must have missed something!

Comment

I believe it was just called Siren in the States, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the first game was released, but I'm not sure the second one was. Or will be. The first game had several problems, namely it's difficulty and some terrible dubbing, that at first took away from the enviroment. So it didn't do too well in the States. Despite those, it's still an excellent game. As long as you don't mind dying twenty times in a level that'll take 15 minutes once you know what you're doing.

Nikovich, so do I. I really do. Personally, I find them very un-sexy, not having a necrophilliac obssesion, but people call them sexy and since both games have evil killer nurses in short skirts, low neckline outfits I assume the guy who worked on both SH and FS decided they were.

Comment

Yep, its just called Siren in the US, and i don't think it sold very well. Can be picked up for next to nothing on Ebay.

I don't think (Forbidden) Siren 2 has been released in the US, or is likely to be. IGN have it down as a Jap and Europe only game.

Comment

Oh ok well thanks for the info I'll have to look into that.
              Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 10-11-2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I liked Forbidden Siren so much i bought it 3 times

For my gaming collection The PAL version, the JAP version and the PAL Promotional copy. And it cost me less than £10 to buy all 3!

Comment

Whore, I can't find Forbidden Siren or Project Zero 1 anywhere ;_;

Comment

Project Zero is getting rare, but one of my local Gamestations have it in for £3.99. Saw it the other day. If your desperate for it i can try and pick it up for ya if its still there.

Comment

...Promotional Copy? What is this of which you speak? You mean a Demo version?

I cheat quite often, Randomwab. I have an American PS2...if you want new games before they come out it works out ot be really rather cheaper. But I bought both of those games when they were new-ish, and I do have the UK versions.

Of course, for Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2 and 3 I have the US ones...got bored

Comment

A Promotional Copy is a full version of the game thats given out for various promotions. Say, to a store so they can put the game on display etc

Like THIS. And does that say 4 DISC Metal Gear Solid Subsistence Promo Copy!? Whats the 4th Disc???

Oh, and heres a copy of the Forbidden Siren 2 Promo

As you can see, sometimes they come in cases with an inlay, sometimes they just come in a clear jewel case. And Promo's never come with an instruction manual...

Comment

The 4th disc is a disc full of lies!

I saw that Subsistence version before it came out, they all had 3 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                            The 4th disc is a disc full of lies!
                            And i reckon your spot on

Keep an eye on the bid, to see how high it goes with ppl out there thinking its got a mysterios 4th Disc

Comment

My friend gave the best comment on the nurses in SH when I showed him the renders and esp THAT SH movie poster (You know the one? I'll try and find a link) he said:

"I'm attracted to her, but I don't want to be"

Sorta captured the mood perfectly I thought. . .
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X