Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard Wii name all but confirmed *UPDATED*

UPDATE 2

The scanned Famitsu image has some rather playful words near the screenshots.

"See anything you recognize"
    "Looking around the dining hall of an old mansion. Wooden table, chandelier, a view to the second floor... have we seen this somewhere before?"
    "Umbrella? Umbrella is the gigantic corporation from the "Bio" series who developed the T-Virus and turned people into zombies. Now their name is in the subtitle of the game, will this title perhaps shed some light on their horrible activities?"
    This seems to suggest the game will be fully 3D and will no longer use pre-rendered backgrounds.

"Shoot the door to break it! No need to waste time opening them anymore, will this make walking around the place easier? But...! Does this mean we can't keep enemies from chasing us down!?"
    "Will you use your weapons by moving the Wiimote to killing zombies and monsters, perhaps? Our expectations on this new "Bio" game and the new controller are high!"
    Thanks to Bjorn!

Perhaps we are playing as Trevor in this installment? Thats pure speculation on my part but its the only reason why I'd see a return to the mansion would be needed.

UPDATE

The game will apparently be an action oriented one, which will use the Wiimote to control your weapons. Not much else has been revealed on the title yet but in the coming weeks new information should emerge.

The screenshots we do see show the mansion in what appears to be full 3D, or perhaps it could simply be new camera angles. Its important to note the mansion is identical looking to the one featured in the Remake. Speculation that this could feature a "Biohazard Dash" (A scrapped spinoff of RE1 which took place soon after the mansion incident) are probably a bit early to speculate on, as the main premise of that game was you exploring the Mansion ruins. Going by the screenshots the mansion looks to be in tip top shape. It does seem to suggest that the game will be in an episodic format. As IGN suggest it appears doors can be destroyed with weapons.

Credit for the screenshot goes to the Gamespot Forums.

A video (albeit short) is available as well on Nintendo Japan's official website. The Biohazard footage is about 3/4th's of the way in. Thanks to Nemesis556 and Ferramenta for pointing that out

End Update.

Gamefront is reporting that the official name for the Biohazard Wii title is indeed the rumored "Umbrella Chronicles". They go on to say that the producer for the title is Masachika Kawata (resident Evil 4, Onimusha: Warlords). In addition, a screenshot was shown to famitsu in which they commented that it reminded them very much of Biohazard 1's western house style. More info as it comes.

Thanks to Umon for pointing this one out to me again! Source is Gamefront.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-14-2006, 06:12 AM.

More bits:

Maybe the HK mag was actually right on the money with this one. The game does sound to be episodic.

Comment

I hope you can use the wiimote as a flashlight or something. Im actually excited for this game even without seeing anything, rare nowadays

Comment

I got this off an online friend. Those may very well be promotional pics with pre-rendered backgrounds.. we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Should "someone" notice this on the forum and decide to post it on their site, credit CVXFREAK (you know who you are.. not you Dot).
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 09-13-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Featured in the video posted on Nintendo Japan's site.
          The front door is being smashed down. Interesting.

Comment

Thanks to all!

Umon I found that image (in higher res) at the Gamespot forums so Im gonna go with that one. Thanks though

Comment

It looks like resident evil rebirth but in a first person style. I think they should have redone Resident Evil 2 in that type of style.

Comment

I just love the fact that UCC will essentially connect all the games. =D

Comment

I'm very excited about the possibility of controlling Jack Krauser for a bit. If Wesker is Chris' rival, then Krauser could be Leon's biggest enemy to date for the remainder of the series. That would be swell.

Comment

Its RE: Umbrella Chronicle. Most probably a 'lite' version of REmake (lesser puzzles etc) with RE4 engine + extra scenes. And that applies to the RE2/3/4 chapters for this game if what that HK magazine stated are true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker4ev View Post
                      It looks like resident evil rebirth but in a first person style. I think they should have redone Resident Evil 2 in that type of style.
                      yeah i agree i say they should remake the 2nd and 3rd RE

Comment

After RE0 I think I can't take that down that mansion again. It's really annoying

Comment

I know this not related well it kinda is. I sorta glanced at the news earlier tonight.They had about a 10/15 sec thing on Wii..Nintendo finally revealed the price its going to be $250 here in the Us, just the price I was thinking of which is not bad at all
                          Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 09-14-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X