No announcement yet.

BBFC Details Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon: Hey Claire, have you ever felt not fresh... you know... down there?
    Claire: What? Leon I don't know what you're... no, why would I fee... no! Just no!

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Pfft, whatever! Great to see the Yankees buy themselves another title. How many rings does Jeter have now, 17?
    Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 11-18-2009, 07:27 PM.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
      Pfft, whatever! Great to see the Yankees buy themselves another title. How many rings does Jeter have now, 17?
      He has 5, and this is not the time...or the place...for this discussion.

Comment

most likley they are going to put leon and claire, but who cares lol
        whatever character will be awesome, i just honestly wanna know how their melee moves look like

Comment

While I do find your opinion of Leon being a "douche-nugget" rather comical, why do you feel this way? Are you simply not a fan of most of the classic characters?
          Not at all...I love most "classic" characters, even RE2 Leon (but nothing post-RE2). But Rebecca and Barry, IMO, are over-hyped since they are nothing more than partner characters from RE1 (or REmake, my favorite RE game ever). Sure, Rebecca was in the atrocious RE0, but I like to pretend that game doesn't exist, much like I ignore "Junior" and "Jingle All the Way" from the amazing Arnold Schwarzenegger library of films.

Rebecca and Barry are very likable in the context of their actions in RE1, but beyond that they're not essential to RE canon. Yes, I know Barry rescued Jill in RE3, but that's a blip on the radar of the convoluted RE map.

Look, given the fact that Capcom is releasing potentially 2-3 hours of DLC already, I doubt it'll be more than a new way to play Mercs, and the two story missions. I'm pretty sure that the list of playable Mercs characters is set in stone. While it'd be nice for new characters - especially HUNK or Krauser from RE4 - it seems like Capcom won't be putting that much effort into their DLC content. Always expect the minimum from Capcom, so you'll never be disappointed. I do, and it already seems like they're giving me a TON of new stuff from this announcement. Heck, I'm just stoked for 2 more hours to a game I really like. 2 more hours is like an additional 25% to the medium-ish-in-length RE5.

I'd have to agree about more maps, but ONLY if they're maps from the classic games. The Spencer estate, the RPD, Birkin's Lab, Raccoon City, Rockfort Island, the Antarctic base... there's too many classic areas to list. Since I doubt the typical "new casual" RE fan gives a damn about what the new maps would be, but rather simply cares about MOAR MAPS!!1!1, this would be a good way to please new and old fans alike.
          I hope you're not again implying that I'm a casual gaming RE-fan. Anyway, I don't care what kind of maps they add, as long as there are more maps. I've played the heck out of all the maps they already included, and I gotta be honest - I pay more attention to the maps/enemies/weapons in Mercs/Versus than I do the character I am using. Thus I think new maps are much more essential to the replay value of Mercs/Versus. The type of maps included don't matter to me at all. Classic locations would be great, but if I were a betting man, I'd be more inclined to go with (and this is IF maps are offered) them being variations of the new DLC missions.

Comment

This news is GOLDEN!!! (anyone see what I did there? )

I much prefer getting all this on disc. I've been thinking I might have problems with the DLC. PS3 games are region free but DLC often is not. I've got the HK and PAL versions of RE5 but since I got the HK version first, it's all I've ever played. Which means I'd probably need the HK DLC...

2 new missions is awesome! I agree the 2nd one will probably be Jill/Josh escape. I find Josh as boring as bat-shit but it will still be great (I'd rather have Carlos fly in for a cameo. At least he has some personality... and the chicks dig his accent).

Mercs Reunion?! (whatever that is)
            I'm hoping for Krauser (the Destroyer), so I can kill more stuff with my Giant, Throbbing Arm! And Ada because I can't get enough of her.
            More maps would be nice. Especially some 'classic' areas with zombies (not gonna happen).

Edit: I'm also wondering if save files from different regions will be compatible with the DLC and/or Golden disc from a different region?
            Last edited by Skunky; 11-18-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              I hope you're not again implying that I'm a casual gaming RE-fan. Anyway, I don't care what kind of maps they add, as long as there are more maps. I've played the heck out of all the maps they already included, and I gotta be honest - I pay more attention to the maps/enemies/weapons in Mercs/Versus than I do the character I am using. Thus I think new maps are much more essential to the replay value of Mercs/Versus. The type of maps included don't matter to me at all. Classic locations would be great, but if I were a betting man, I'd be more inclined to go with (and this is IF maps are offered) them being variations of the new DLC missions.
              I'm not implying that at all. But there are many of these casual fans, and it seems Capcom would rather cater to them than to their long-time RE fan base. I was simply suggesting a way that both parties would be pleased with the new content.

Comment

playing as irving would be cool I guess.

Comment

Hurr durr, someone (read: me) missed out on a couple of things since skimming away from news and forums before DSC came out. XD

As for the Mercs new ... well, I really do wonder what they mean about it. One article mentioned the alternate outfits separately from the 8 new merc characters, so it really does get me wondering. Reunion gives me the vibe of all of the featured characters (ones in RE5 as it exempt) - how many in all were featured since we got Mercs? Duplicates aside (like Wesker in CV and 4).

Comment

^Not sure if I understand quite what you're saying, but... If I'm thinking correctly, not counting duplicates:

From RE3: Nicholai, Mikhail, Carlos
                    From CV/CVX: Claire, Steve
                    From RE4: Ada, Krauser, HUNK

Um... That's eight. Coincidence probably, but nevertheless.
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-19-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that is what I meant! There was Carlos in RE3 as well. And I'm trying to think now ... Barry was featured in 3 as an extra too right? But not as a default, more as a unlockable/secret. Either way, I wouldn't count him as much as the others, but. That does make it 8 with Carlos, IF of course they actually mean that.

For all we know it could be Excella Irving and Josh mixed into it as well. XD Though reunion is the part of it that has me going :|a

Comment

Um, Canas & Yzak...simple deduction (i.e. clicking on the official Japanese site under "Mercenaries Reunion") or right here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/mercenaries.html

Shows that 2 of the 8 characters are Folklore Sheva & Warrior Chris.

I think maybe you're reading too much into "reunion." That's the Japanese title of it...and who even knows what definition of that word is in their Japanese-English dictionary.

Now Capcom may surprise the heck out of you with the remaining 6 characters...but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Comment

Nah, I'm not. It was speculation! Which is common on a forum (they'd be rather boring without the fun dreams and hopes and fangeeking, really), I don't get my hopes high - or rather I don't with the end result of disappointment to run around screaming SHITSUX BOOOO about it.

Comment

^I wasn't trying to talk down to either of you or say speculation isn't allowed (as I was speculating myself yesterday upon the new news), it's just that sometimes an extra mouse-click will do wonders to squash whatever rampant dreams you may be having.

And besides, as a hardcore RE fan, I figured you'd be clicking on every link on that official website, Japanese or not, just to see what you can find.

As Terence & Philip say, "Let's search for treasure!"
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I wasn't getting defensive or anything. XD Sorry.

I actually did check the site, but ... didn't bother counting the blank spaces as much as went "oh stuff to click--new costumes ahhhh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                                Now Capcom may surprise the heck out of you with the remaining 6 characters...but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
                                If the first two characters are Warrior Chris and Folklore Sheva, I think it's safe to assume that Office Sheva and another unknown Chris (CVX or some random new stupid costume) will be two more. And, "worst" case scenario? Two more costumes each for Jill and Wesker, and no "new" characters. All speculation, of course.

I actually wouldn't mind an RE3 mini-skirt Jill or a STARS Jill - the battlesuit Jill is just lame. But I will be disappointed if they don't give us a RE4/UC Wesker, complete with silenced handgun. Wesker is somehow able to make a turtleneck look badass. Hell, if a new Wesker costume is "Underwear Wesker" it would still be badass.

Comment

Working...
                                X