No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Alternate Edition Screenshots & Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I think when I see this monster is, Executioner on steroids. Worse than the flaming bondage Executioner from the Prison level of Mercenaries, but by how much and in what ways? Faster, stronger? Different attacks? Either way, this just seems lazy...so far. We'll see how it turns out.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Wednesdays = XBLA day
    Tuesday/Thursday = Usually Expansion Pack days
    All days = Any type of content that isn't an XBLA title
    Got it, thanks. I figured it was Tuesday because the only stuff I usually pay attention to is DLC.
    Last edited by Vector; 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

looks like we get box sets too!
      Last edited by let me live; 11-19-2009, 03:51 PM.
      REALDEMO

Comment

^ Why do I not recognize shot this from any cutscenes?

Comment

It, like several other cg cutscenes from early trailers, was cut from the final game. Unless it was made specifically for the trailers. The same thing happened with UC and RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            All I think when I see this monster is, Executioner on steroids. Worse than the flaming bondage Executioner from the Prison level of Mercenaries, but by how much and in what ways? Faster, stronger? Different attacks? Either way, this just seems lazy...so far. We'll see how it turns out.
            Wow, even for Capcom this enemy monster seems VERY lazy. And here I am preaching (recently) about keeping expectations low for Capcom so that way I can be presently surprised with anything. Guess I'll eat those words.

This executioner knock-off is the epitome of laziness. Same build, same oversized weapon to be dragged around (is that an anchor? wtf is an anchor doing in a dungeon-like basement?). I just hope this creature is indestructible like Lisa Trevor and the main goal of the players is to constantly evade it.

And it looks like my hopes for new Mercs maps has also been dashed. I could give a shit about 8 more character skins...nostalgic (or most likely) not...the real fun is derived from the level & enemies.

Though I am slightly interested in the fact that a demon dog can be seen in the mine level staring at Altair/Ezio Sheva. Those weren't there before...

And I like how they said "new chracters" with "different weapon loadouts." I'm guessing it'll be the same weapons just distributed differently amongst the re-skins. Haha. Fool me once, fool me twice.
            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-19-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              Altair/Ezio Sheva
              I would rather call her Red Hot Ridding Hood Sheva ;)
              And I must agree with previous posts here - her new costume looks delicious.

Those new screens from Lost In Nigtmares looks ok, but the thought that old fragile Spencer has an entire underground prison, full of dead bodies and something like torture chamber, and a monstrous guard wandering about the mansion is ridiculous :/. I know this is just a mini-scenario, but I would rather have something more... realistic. Not to mention, I too hope that the guard isn't just a Executioner rip off. I already don't like his design - it's so abstract and forced; why can't we have a normal, mutated/deformed human-like monsters that looks somehow realistic anymore :/.

It's also funny how lots of people (me included) thought that this "Mercenaries Reunion" will be about a real reunion of the old cast, but instead it seems that at least four characters out of eight will be just Sheva and Chris in new costumes :/.
              At least I hope that they will also include new maps.

Comment

Well, yeah, Spencer should have a manor full of maids, nurses, etc (all wearing Sheva corsets, of course) and maybe some armed guards, instead of bodies & an undead lizard executioner thing. But then again, he's also got a home full of trap doors & cranks. Ha ha. As Chris, said, the dude is a spaz.

And I guess the monster should have an anchor...I forgot about the underground waterway from this scenario. But still...an anchor is not very intimidating. It's just goofy.

And to anyone from PS3-ville, RE2 is available on the PSN today. I know I'm gonna download that...I'd rather play the original version than some light-gun crapfest (which does however have a good-looking fresh coat of paint).

Comment

[IMG]

is it me or Chris's costume the same as the regular game expect for the new vest that hes got, kinda sucks in my opinion

Comment

It's just you, the costume is different. It's the one seen in the flashback.

Comment

I'm also confused about "new characters", "new costumes". Is it just new costumes for existing characters or actually NEW characters?

From the Capcom Europe press release:

*a host of new costumes, and a new ‘The Mercenaries Reunion’ mode, featuring eight new playable characters and weapon load-outs.
                      *new costumes for Chris and Sheva will be made available, allowing the player to experience Resident Evil 5 with a fresh new look and feel through both game play and cut-scene playback.
                      *A refresh of Mercenaries Mode, ‘The Mercenaries Reunion’, gives players new playable characters and weapon load-outs.
                      Anyone else confused?

Comment

My guess for the '8 new characters':

Warrior Chris
                        BSAA Chris 2(the uniform he wears in Lost in Nightmares)
                        Folklore Sheva
                        Hunnigan Sheva(from the PC version)
                        STARS Jill(RE1)
                        Tube-top Jill(RE3)
                        C:V Wesker
                        RE4 Wesker

The ultimate cop-out.
                        Last edited by Vector; 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          My guess for the '8 new characters':

Warrior Chris
                          BSAA Chris 2(the uniform he wears in Lost in Nightmares)
                          Folklore Sheva
                          Hunnigan Sheva(from the PC version)
                          STARS Jill(RE1)
                          Tube-top Jill(RE3)
                          C:V Wesker
                          RE4 Wesker

The ultimate cop-out.
                          That would be undoubtedly great, but don't you think it's a little bit much fanservice? I mean, having Jill's tube-top as an extra costume would say it all. I don't know, i just don't see it happening though i think it would be great instead of her RE1 uniform.

Comment

I think they will put in Chris with the outfit he wear in the opening scene (when he first meet Sheva) instead of RE3 Jill.

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                              is it me or Chris's costume the same as the regular game expect for the new vest that hes got, kinda sucks in my opinion
                              Personally, I think the flashback BSAA Chris costume is the coolest and most realistic outfit in the entire series (from a tactical and "rugged badass" standpoint).*

But that's just me.

*Besides HUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                                Wow, even for Capcom this enemy monster seems VERY lazy. And here I am preaching (recently) about keeping expectations low for Capcom so that way I can be presently surprised with anything. Guess I'll eat those words.

This executioner knock-off is the epitome of laziness. Same build, same oversized weapon to be dragged around (is that an anchor? wtf is an anchor doing in a dungeon-like basement?). I just hope this creature is indestructible like Lisa Trevor and the main goal of the players is to constantly evade it.

And it looks like my hopes for new Mercs maps has also been dashed. I could give a shit about 8 more character skins...nostalgic (or most likely) not...the real fun is derived from the level & enemies.

Though I am slightly interested in the fact that a demon dog can be seen in the mine level staring at Altair/Ezio Sheva. Those weren't there before...

And I like how they said "new chracters" with "different weapon loadouts." I'm guessing it'll be the same weapons just distributed differently amongst the re-skins. Haha. Fool me once, fool me twice.
                                Wow ...
                                why complaining already & we are still not sure
                                Remember that the lost in nightmares scenario was finished before RE5
                                about the levels why do they have to announce it..
                                of course they will be taken from the scenarios..
                                well, at least 80% sure...
                                sorry if my english is so bad..

Comment

Working...
                                X