Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition' Announced, Retail Re-release Containing All DLC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition' Announced, Retail Re-release Containing All DLC's

Capcom have officially announced "Resident Evil 5 : Gold Edition", the retail re-release of Resident Evil 5 which will feature all the newly announced downloadable content. The re-release will come out March 9th at 49.99$ and will contain all the content in a Blu Ray for the PS3, and as a DVD for the regular game including download tokens for the extra content for the 360.

Visit Capcom-Unity for the full press release.

same date as final fantasy XIII .. yeah that ain't gonna do this wonders.

Comment

Hhhmm, the retail version does seem rather tempting; of course it would probably be cheaper just with the DLC but maybe I'll wait and see what the packaging will look like.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
        same date as final fantasy XIII .. yeah that ain't gonna do this wonders.
        Seeing as how the RE franchise already has Pavlovian fans who will purchase each and every item with the RE logo stamped on it, I don't think Capcom is too worried about using a 1-year-old game (at that point in time) to battle it out for supremacy with FF13. A majority of folks will scoop up the digital extras, and the hardcore will follow suit with the retail copy.

The yet unforeseen packaging & extra physical content (if any) may sway additional folks.

Comment

I'm just hoping the physical copy can carry my trophies over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            Seeing as how the RE franchise already has Pavlovian fans who will purchase each and every item with the RE logo stamped on it, I don't think Capcom is too worried about using a 1-year-old game (at that point in time) to battle it out for supremacy with FF13. A majority of folks will scoop up the digital extras, and the hardcore will follow suit with the retail copy.

The yet unforeseen packaging & extra physical content (if any) may sway additional folks.
            Heh, I enjoyed that, referring to them as "Pavlovian."

I'll get the retail release for PS3 if people generally agree the extras as a whole are worth it. If not I'll pick and choose DLC. Either way, I missed out on playing this game with people from THIA and I have the 360 version (though my 360 is on/off red rings). It would be convenient for me to get the PS3 version.

Comment

wow what a fucking rip off

Comment

I guess you wanted it free?

Comment

They make it sound as if there's a lot of DLC. A costume pack and then the alternative edition scenario?

Comment

It's actually not a bad deal when you're getting the game along with $20 USD worth of DLC.

It's a pretty sweet deal for anyone not already owning the first edition.

"Yeah, but it's a fucking sweet car bed."

Comment

It's a very good to me
                      DAY ONE
                      &
                      you can carry your trophies & save file to the new edition if you bought it

Comment

Same day as Final Fantasy XIII god damit not again well luckly it's been relasted as both disc and DLC and im not wasteing £80 in one day for both this and XIII I'll just buy it as a DLC.

Comment

i'll get the retail for sure, does this include the versus mode, or do you still have to get that separately (which would be stupid not to include it)?

not like it bothers me, i'm only gonna buy it to collect it, not play it. i'll be too busy playin' FFXIII and probably BioShock 2 still (if i don't finish that too quickly).
                          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

It comes with the package.

Comment

Gold edition sounds better than Alternate Edition.

Comment

Working...
                              X