Resident Evil 2 : Now on the US Playstation Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
    EXTREME Battle Mode! and Arrange Mode (easy)
    Lol in RE 1 arrange mode was the hardest.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
      I hope it does. I've never played the battle mode before unfortunately.
      I got a chance to play it on the gamecube version and loved it. I think I would like to pick this up when I get a PSP.

Comment

I got this but when I go to the option screen, it won't let me switch discs to play as Claire. The game automatically starts from Leon's perspective.

Also, I can't remember how to find zombie Brad in the area before the RPD entrance... (I haven't played RE2 in years.)

If anyone has any tips, please advise!

Also, damn the PSOne Classics look ragged on an HDTV. I know they're super old, but it's amazing that these graphics were mind-blowing 10+ years ago. Ha ha. 8-bit NES games have aged better than the 32-bit attempts at 3-D environments.

Comment

To get to Brad, you can't pick up any items on the way to the RPD. Then he should be waiting at the bottom of the stairs in the RPD courtyard.

Comment

^Thanks. I forgot about that. I appreciate the tip.

Comment

Hey J-Boob,
              I had the same problem when I first got the Biohazard version from PSN. "How the hell do I switch disks?". I worked it out eventually and it's the same with the new RE2 download:
              Hold down the PS button. A menu will appear with a range of options. One of those options is 'switch disks' but you can't use it!
              You have to reset game. Only then are you given the option of which disk you reset to.
              It's a weird system but I guess it's just the way they deal with the fact that the PS1 version is on 2 disks. Disk 1 for Leon, disk 2 for Claire.

I actually think the graphics still look pretty nice on my HDTV. Maybe it's just the thick, rose colored glasses I view the game through.
              The backgrounds are considerably sharper than the GC version. You can really notice it in the streets when looking at the graffiti and signs etc. They are all clear and readable whereas on GC they are all blocky and blurry.
              On the other hand, the character models on the PS1 version, are a bit crappy to look at (much better on the GC).

Comment

Hey J-Boob,
                I had the same problem when I first got the Biohazard version from PSN. "How the hell do I switch disks?". I worked it out eventually and it's the same with the new RE2 download:
                Hold down the PS button. A menu will appear with a range of options. One of those options is 'switch disks' but you can't use it!
                You have to reset game. Only then are you given the option of which disk you reset to.
                It's a weird system but I guess it's just the way they deal with the fact that the PS1 version is on 2 disks. Disk 1 for Leon, disk 2 for Claire.

I actually think the graphics still look pretty nice on my HDTV. Maybe it's just the thick, rose colored glasses I view the game through.
                The backgrounds are considerably sharper than the GC version. You can really notice it in the streets when looking at the graffiti and signs etc. They are all clear and readable whereas on GC they are all blocky and blurry.
                On the other hand, the character models on the PS1 version, are a bit crappy to look at (much better on the GC).

I told Jills Boob to ask you cause he told me when we were playing RE5 today he the disk changing problem and I remember you having the problem before.

Comment

That's it. Now, I finally must set up a US PSN account. I can't wait any longer for RE2 on PS3 goodness!

Comment

Also, damn the PSOne Classics look ragged on an HDTV. I know they're super old, but it's amazing that these graphics were mind-blowing 10+ years ago.
                    I play all my PSX Games through Epsxe which makes them look pretty awesome concidering their age. Playing them on my PS2 through my TV, they
                    look really bad.

Comment

A big thanks to Canas and Skunky for their help.

Ah, okay. Damn, I saw that but never figured you had to reset before being able to switch discs. Ha ha. I thought maybe they just weren't able to program the "zapping" system into the game.

Yeah, some of the backgrounds - you're spot on about the graffiti in the streets - do look pretty sharp, but dear God the character models look like unmitigated messes. (Though they look better than the ones in the RE1 PSOne Classic.) Kendo looks like he's made up of Legos when he gets his close up in the gun shop.

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                      I play all my PSX Games through Epsxe which makes them look pretty awesome concidering their age. Playing them on my PS2 through my TV, they
                      look really bad.
                      I bet it is cleaned up nicely. Before downloading RE1 & RE2, I thought the PS3 "smoothing" option was going to be awesome like the graphical adjustments that can be made in various emulators (which I know nothing about, moderators *ahem*). Or at least comparable to the graphics sharpening tools "built" into Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Ah well. The game still plays the same as it always has, and I now have a legit, preserved copy on my system. Good enough.

Time to go play as Claire right now. Thanks again to all who helped me! And to those who haven't picked it up yet, go get RE2. $6!!! What a deal!
                      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-22-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Cool!!!
                        Word is the US store will also get RE3 and Dino Crisis before the end of the year too.

I'm not sure these will ever come to the Australian/Euro stores. They tease us that they will 'one day' but they havn't even been rated yet, so it won't be anytime soon.
                        But I've bought the Bio versions from the Japan store using those PSN cards so figured I'll do the same from the US.

Tip for others: don't use those various online services selling the cards. They all do a 50% - 100% mark up (eg: a $20 PSN card will cost you at least $30). I did a quick ebay search and found a reliable seller charging $17 for $20 cards!
                        http://shop.ebay.com/zhangabei/m.htm...&_trksid=p3686
                        Dude. This guy is insane. I bought a $50 dollar card from him for £25, and he sent me an e-mail giving me log in details for an account with $150 on it?! I thought he'd mistyped so I sent him an e-mail back saying I'd only bought $50 worth, and I checked the account and he has actually put $150 on it?

Comment

Is anyone having slight loading delays during certain cutscene/gameplay camera shifts? I'm not familar with the playstation version of RE2 at all, but I didn't think the loading lag would be any different than from the gamecube versions. I mean, it just seems rather weird at some points. JUst wondering if it's just me, or if that's how the original RE2 acts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dude. This guy is insane. I bought a $50 dollar card from him for £25, and he sent me an e-mail giving me log in details for an account with $150 on it?! I thought he'd mistyped so I sent him an e-mail back saying I'd only bought $50 worth, and I checked the account and he has actually put $150 on it?
                            Oh yeah... I was gonna delete that link to that seller or add a warning (sorry, I forgot to).
                            I bought a $20 card for $17 but I didn't get a code. He posted details for an account to use with $50 on it. There's something very suspicious going on...
                            There's no way he's just giving away money (people don't do that). He's listed as a Queensland/Australia seller but he's from China. He and his cronies have obviously figured out how to hack or set up PSN accounts or PSN cards with loads of cash on them!
                            I asked if I have to use it all quickly and he said no, the account is all mine and I can take my time. And if it stops working just let him know and he'll "refuel" me.
                            I'm not entirely comfortable with it all but on the other hand, I did get $33 worth of free PSN downloads...
                            Is anyone having slight loading delays during certain cutscene/gameplay camera shifts? I'm not familar with the playstation version of RE2 at all, but I didn't think the loading lag would be any different than from the gamecube versions. I mean, it just seems rather weird at some points. JUst wondering if it's just me, or if that's how the original RE2 acts.
                            I played through Claire A, yesterday and it played fine. On 2 or 3 occasions there was a very slight delay after or before a cutscene but I can't remember if that's normal or not. I think the loading times opening doors is actually a little faster than the disk versions.

I finished in a time of 3.03 and still got an 'A' rank (I've always thought I had to be under 2.30)

Comment

It's probably money laundering in a loose sense of the term. Guy is probably loading the accounts with dodgy money he can't get his hands on himself so is trying to recoup what he can through ebay. That's my guess at least.

Comment

I played through Claire A, yesterday and it played fine. On 2 or 3 occasions there was a very slight delay after or before a cutscene but I can't remember if that's normal or not. I think the loading times opening doors is actually a little faster than the disk versions.

I finished in a time of 3.03 and still got an 'A' rank (I've always thought I had to be under 2.30)

Yeah, I suppose it is just the way PS RE2 works. It's just a little bit jarring in in-engine cutscenes with longer pauses or laggy jump cuts here and there I'm just not used too. The GC RE2 is pretty smooth on that front. I never noticed anything irregular out of RE Director's Cut on PSN, but I"m always been familar with that through PS2 emulation.

Anyways, thanks for replaying.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X