No announcement yet.

Lost in Nightmares : New Screens Showing New Enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that thing is chasing you randomly like Nemesis, I'll squeal like a pig with delight.

Comment

dam, i really want this game now, well the new stuff lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        If that thing is chasing you randomly like Nemesis, I'll squeal like a pig with delight.
        It would be interesting if Chris and Jill were armed only with handguns and facing that thing, because then it might bring back a little tension. Facing a faster, stronger, uglier/scarier-looking Executioner with nothing but plain handguns has its appeal, I guess. I'm not expecting much more from Capcom.

Comment

Sadly doubtful since one of the screens has Chris with the H&K MP5.

Comment

^Yeah I saw that too. That's what made me realize that there probably won't be any new weapons made for the DLC either.

Anyway, hopefully this BOW is an unstoppable object like Lisa T, and weapons only serve to slow it down. That will ramp up the tension a bit, and make the scenario more fun. As Dot50cal implied, it'll be great to have to constantly evade the monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Sadly doubtful since one of the screens has Chris with the H&K MP5.
              Fuck this game.

Comment

It looks just like the executioner. And judging by how it grabs Chris like that, I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same behaviors.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Yep Devil May Cry right there.

Comment

I really hope this BOW will bring the scare factor back as well as been added to Mercenaries Reunion I caint see why not.
                    Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-22-2009, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                      It looks just like the executioner. And judging by how it grabs Chris like that, I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same behaviors.
                      I really don't see a problem with the design of this monster. The Tyrants from RE1, RE2, RE Survivor and so on look pretty much like each other, and I don't complain about it.
                      For me, the important side is the behavior from the monster itself, and his purpose in the game.
                      Further, I really don't expect a great change in the design/movements of this monster, because it's an extra content of RE5, and not a whole new game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        OH GOD ME TOO. ;_;

Delight and panstpeeing as the tension stalkermonsters give are so exciting and scary.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          It would be interesting if Chris and Jill were armed only with handguns and facing that thing, because then it might bring back a little tension. Facing a faster, stronger, uglier/scarier-looking Executioner with nothing but plain handguns has its appeal, I guess. I'm not expecting much more from Capcom.
                          You could just, you know, not use the MP5 and only stick with the handguns.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                            You could just, you know, not use the MP5 and only stick with the handguns.
                            ...yes, I could, and I have(Rosetta and I did a handguns only run on RE5) but that's not the point. If they really wanna return the series to its roots and give the fans what they want, they shouldn't fucking give us a full armory of weapons. The old RE's were about being low on ammo and firepower and having to choose your battles. RE4 and RE5 were a fuckfest of guns and ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              ...yes, I could, and I have(Rosetta and I did a handguns only run on RE5) but that's not the point. If they really wanna return the series to its roots and give the fans what they want, they shouldn't fucking give us a full armory of weapons. The old RE's were about being low on ammo and firepower and having to choose your battles. RE4 and RE5 were a fuckfest of guns and ammo.
                              The RE series has been a fuckfest of guns and ammo since RE2 and (especially) RE3. The only RE game to be remotely stingy in terms of supplies was the REmake (as well as the Outbreak games, but those are spin-offs). In an average playthrough for an RE game, I'll usually kill 80-90% of the enemies I come across.
                              Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                                The RE series has been a fuckfest of guns and ammo since RE2 and (especially) RE3. The only RE game to be remotely stingy in terms of supplies was the REmake (as well as the Outbreak games, but those are spin-offs). In an average playthrough for an RE game, I'll usually kill 80-90% of the enemies I come across.
                                You cannot honestly compare RE2 and RE3 to 4 and 5 when it comes to weapons and ammo. RE2 had a little more than I'd like and RE3 was ridiculous if you played on Easy(M4A1 from the start), but 4 an 5 had a fucking weapons upgrading system. They've been getting progressively worse, going from survival horror to action shooter and throwing tension out the window.

I try not to get my hopes up for scenarios like this, saying "it's the least they could do" about a lot of things Capcom could include/not include in this new scenario, but what the hell am I thinking?

Comment

Working...
                                X