Capcom Euro Mod reveals info on Wii Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Euro Mod reveals info on Wii Title

Clayonite, a Moderator at the Capcom Europe forums confirms some rumors from the various magazines at this point. Ill quote him directly as to avoid confusion.

Resident Evil Wii is finally confirmed. It's called Umbrella Chronicles and it's a game that ties up all loose ends throughout the series.
    Similar to Outbreak, it's split up in different chapters; you will be able to play as the main Resident Evil protagonists from the main series[From RE Veronica to RE4, prologue to RE5], as well as unlock additional characters.
    Gameplay will be in 3rd person similar to RE4, but additionally the game takes advantage of the controller's core features. -Puzzles and shooting will have a new twist to it.

New details are to be shown at TGS.
    So it seems that it wont just be a re-hashing of the series thus far for newer fans. Thats great news! He goes on to say,

Also, previous rumors was made official.

Four chapters will be available, each chapter will have 2 playable characters
    Chapter 1 - BH1 Mansion - Jill and Chris
    Chapter 2 - BH2 RPD - Claire and Leon
    Chapter 3 - BH3 Racoon City - Jill and Carlos
    Chapter 4 - BH4 Village - Leon and Ada

Additional characters can be unlocked by playing the game, such as Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker

The gameplay will be similar to BH4, use the Wiimote to trigger the over-the-shoulder view, use the nunchuk to fire

All characters will have different weapons and melee attacks like in BH4, you can find additional weapons in the stage

Each character can only carry 2 weapons, such as Chris' pistol and shotgun, and Jill's pistol and grenade launcher

The main game Scenario Mode will have in-game cutscenes, each chapter will have new contents which link to Umbrella's status

There is an Arcade Mode which plays like the BH4 Mercenaries mini game
    Thanks to Carnivol for the heads up! You can check out the posts in person at the Capom Europe Forums.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-15-2006, 02:39 PM.

Wow just wow that sounds totally kickass!! I can't wait!! I'm happy to see another R.P.D make over thats going to be pretty kool thanks for posting this

Comment

Sounds like a blockbuster movie. I just hope it is ready for March 2007 because I long for more RE action. Even a side story would satisfy me, but this is better because it is 100% canon.

Comment

I wish Capcom would just re-create the R.P.D and use the more realistic R.P.D from 1.5 though thats just wishful thinking I'm still looking forward to this title no matter what sounds awesome ;)

Comment

They couldn't alter it too much, Hunk_4TH. But I would like to find out more about Chief Irons and Ben Bertolucci.

Comment

Working...
          X