No announcement yet.

RE The Darkside Chronicles Accused of Promoting Occult, Capcom Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. We better just keep it civil. I hate the thought of one day having to maybe ban myself

Comment

Comment

Oh for fuck sakes this is ridiculous.

Comment

Seriously...I guess the (insert protesting organization of the moment) missed MW2's "No Russian" level. So instead they're bitching about DSC of all games. Ha ha. The only thing DSC violated was the wallets of nostalgic RE fans.

Anyway, this thread was going downhill fast but A-J totally redeemed it.

Comment

I'm just going to say that was the best response ever, because they're not putting up with that shit. They didn't sit down and have a discussion on the best response that would avoid offending anybody, they just went and said what needed to be said.

Gotta love Capcom. Right on.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
              I'm just going to say that was the best response ever, because they're not putting up with that shit. They didn't sit down and have a discussion on the best response that would avoid offending anybody, they just went and said what needed to be said.

Gotta love Capcom. Right on.
              Definitely. No beating round the bush, nice one Capcom!

Originally posted by A-J View Post

This pretty much sums up my next point, why didn't they attack RE4? I haven't yet played DSC but its my understanding that there aren't any 'occult' stuff, just zombies, which have been in pretty much a huge new wave of games following the zombie trend anyway (Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, CoD:WaW, even Zombies on the VC). Perhaps in the new scenario? Even so, RE4 must have way more of this kind of stuff. Unless I'm mistaken and RE4 did get criticised?

Its pretty much the norm when violent games come out, that they are judged by people who don't even play the game, where the quality of the game really matters. Whereas violent movies get a free pass every time. Ah well, I'm used to it but still getting tired of it.

To conclude, what really matters is, my copy of DSC will be arriving shortly!

Comment

Hahahah! Oh, AJ...That just made my night 8D

Comment

I must admit, I am impressed with Capcom's response. But as others have said, this is three people. Three, quite possibly very elderly, clergymen who are not likely to have so much as raised a controller, let alone played the game they're having a go at and are purely relying on what they've been told and seen. Which doesn't excuse them speaking out in the slightest. If you're going to yell at someone, make sure you have your asshole covered first by knowing what you're on about. But it certainly doesn't mean the whole of the the Church of England, or Christanity as a whole, or all religions at all are stupid. Please keep that in mind, folks. Let's not turn this into a religion bashing exercise. Because I've found there's a whole lot of wiggle room before 'thou shalt not kill.'

See? I got to add a fun threat anyway.

Comment

I just ignore the assholes. But seriously, they are SO wrong. All RE games are violent, but their "core" is pure. All RE games come down to fighting evil, not worshipping it. And they should not forget how much innocent people Church killed over time and how much evil they done. I'm an atheist, and I don't like Church as an organization. They use religion to manipulate people and have power. It's only natural. I do respect religion as... Well, religion. And not the perverted version used today. The teachings of Christ had nothing to do with "rituals" and ceremonies practiced today. It was about sending the MESSAGE to people, not forming a cult following that we have today. Just like "moden" Buddhism... A HUGE pantheon of GODS. Gods. lol Their worshipping. This has NOTHING to do with original Buddhism. If not for the fact that Buddha was a 100% atheist, and despised gods worshipping. It's a real pity that original teachings get molested over time, and are used to get more power. I read Bible, accept Christ's teachings, but despise The Church. It's not to say ALL people in the Church are power hungry assholes or fanatics. Of course not. What's important is to accept Christian morale and UNDESTAND it. Going to the Church, praying, or wearing monk clothes doesn't make you Christian. It's all about Faith and Understanding.

Man, I went off-topic. In short DSC is a great, Christian game about fight of good vs evil. Leon and Krauser are on a holy crusade. They can bash Texas Chainsaw Massacre, cuz there Evil wins. But DSC?... It's a pity some people just can't have plain FUN blowing some virtual heads off.

Comment

Man, i hate it when this happens...people are so quick to blame video games or tv.
                      Resident evil doesnt exactly say 'HEY, OCCULT IS COOL. GO SACRIFICE SOMEONE' now does it. xD
                      Its a classic good vs. evil game. With the rightous hero(s) always coming out on top.

Now, im a Christian (and assuming that whoever complained was too) but you'll find alot of them have it wrong. (like wearing black...listening to metal etc will send you to hell)
                      So dont think of people like this as part of the church.

Unless they've actualy played the game properly from start to finish, the people who complain wont understand. The only way they will is if they go through the entire story arc beginning with RE1.
                      Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 11-25-2009, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I logged on just to say.
                        LMFAO.

Comment

Pretty much my reaction.

Comment

Bishop Bryant of Jarrow, Archdeacon Brian Smith and Rt Rev John Goddard have all accused the game of promoting such interests amongst the UK’s youth
                            Exscises exscises exscises just like all ways people are looking for exscises to blame video games again

Comment

Im somewhat suprised they even picked on Darkside Chronicles considering looking in most game stores theres absolute bugger all publicity for the game, not seen any domestic adverts or posters advertising it either, so if anything, this will have the opposite effect of what the Church was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                                Im somewhat suprised they even picked on Darkside Chronicles considering looking in most game stores theres absolute bugger all publicity for the game
                                My guess; Someone in "media" looking to write a story by pushing something into the face of someone, asking for comments just to stir up shit.

Anyway, I guess the keyword this time was "Darkside."
                                Last edited by Carnivol; 11-25-2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: Rule of Rose, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X