Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom Denied The Darkside Chronicles of Promoting Occult, Clergy Critics Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Denied The Darkside Chronicles of Promoting Occult, Clergy Critics Respond

TVG contacted the relevant members of the clergy, all of which expressed surprise that their thoughts have been expressed in such a way and stressed that they have no knowledge of the game in question and as such wouldn't be in the position to comment on the subject.

The Right Reverend Brian Smith insisted that he was "very surprised" to find his name linked to the issue.

"I made it clear that I was not qualified to make a comment," Smith told us. "I suggested that the researcher should contact someone in one of the dioceses in London where I understood she was working."

"There is no way I could or would have made further comment about a specific game which I have not even seen," Smith added.

The Bishop of Burnley, The Right Reverend John Goddard expressed similar thoughts, claiming that while he was concerned by issues surrounding the occult and particularly children having access to such themes, he nonetheless wouldn't make a specific comment about a game that he hadn't seen and had been wrongly informed was aimed at children.

"I believe that I have been misrepresented," The Right Reverend Mark Bryant added. "Not least as I do not think I knew that this was an occult game, and I know enough not to go offering outright condemnation of things about which I know comparatively little."
    Totalvideogames
    Last edited by xfactor; 11-26-2009, 10:25 PM.

Glad to have this cleared up once and for all, though I'm sure there will still be some who will accuse these clergymen of backpedaling while letting the "reporter" get off scott free.

In the future, I think stuff like this and the whole RE5 racism controversy shouldn't be posted as news, because all it serves is to feed the fire.
    Last edited by Archelon; 11-26-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      Glad to have this cleared up once and for all, though I'm sure there will still be some who will accuse these clergymen of backpedaling while letting the "reporter" get off scott free.
      Amen.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

A reporter? Lying? To make a story more dramatic and sell more papers? THAT can't possibly happen. Honestly, I believe the priests. I still remember the controversy over a game that took place in a cathedral and how much of a fuss the Church of England kicked up. Resitance, I think it was. If they'd actually said that stuff they'd be defending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          A reporter? Lying? To make a story more dramatic and sell more papers? THAT can't possibly happen. Honestly, I believe the priests. I still remember the controversy over a game that took place in a cathedral and how much of a fuss the Church of England kicked up. Resitance, I think it was. If they'd actually said that stuff they'd be defending it.
          Yes, deffinitly resistance.
          It was a church in Manchester i think..

Either way, at least this Darkside problem is over with now.

Comment

Eitherway there was no merit behind the claim and glad that everything has been cleared up.

Comment

Working...
            X