Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil - The Darkside Chronicles now available in PAL regions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger. I may not bother grabbing this then and just watch the playthroughs

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
      Unfortunately "yes", but it's not like it was planned or anything. It's a
      byproduct for the game having Wi-Fi capibilities just like any other
      game that has Wi-Fi implemented. I guess it's to protect people
      from being impersonated online or something of the sort.
      Erm...what are you talking about? Absolutely none of that has any relevance to sharing game saves in the slightest. I was only downloading game saves last week, worked fine then.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
        Erm...what are you talking about? Absolutely none of that has any relevance to sharing game saves in the slightest. I was only downloading game saves last week, worked fine then.
        Well, of course you can share save files of any kind if you have a modified Wii
        but I just checked and you can't share these type of save files through any
        normal means including this game in question.

I can copy/move it to my SD card because I have Soft-modded Wii with the
        option to bypass the restriction...the only way I see for you to get a save
        to work on your normal Wii is to get a hacked save sort of like AR hacked
        saves (ex. Smash Brawl hacked AR save).

All (if not, most) Wi-FI capable games are impossible to copy/move to an SD card rendering
        sharing useless.

Some games even have Wii ID registered saves like Bleach vs. Crusade, meaning that even
        if you get someone else's save file into your own Wii it wouldn't recognize it as your own
        and make you start over as a new game, thus overwriting it...I've tried.
        Last edited by Kaneco; 11-28-2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
          Actually, it went on sale in Australia a few days ago.

I'm enjoying it!
          It's a bit better than I thought it would be. I'm up to the CV level. The RE2 level was pretty good, I thought. A nice on-rails tribute to RE2. It was a joy to see so many of the RE2 environments and creatures recreated so faithfully and well. Really good graphics and FMVs. I wasn't particularly bothered by the changes to the story, because I was expecting it. It's just 'retelling' it in a popcorn movie style.
          'Crazy Cam' is annoying but at least it settles down during sections. I still think the game would have been a lot more FUN without it. The boss fights have been a mixed bag so far. Some have been fun but others are just painful (and kinda broken).

I had to install some new apps on my Wii to allow me to skip the 'disc update' it wanted to do. I'm still on system 3.2 and I'd like to keep it that way.
          I agree, I was pleasantly surprised while playing, especially the RE2 scenario. I STILL want an RE2 remake though Capcom!

The camera can be annoying but it adds challenge to the game which I like.

I also had to skip that disc check, kind of annoyed about it at first but then I just installed the game on coverfloader.

Comment

Just completed the game. I didn't go into this game with stupid expectations so I was able to enjoy it. The story's could have been done better, there was alot of loop holes in the plot and some key scenes missing from both Re2 and Code. Apart from that I loved it. Music was great, Graphics in cutscenes are outstanding, I think the gameplay has come a long way since Umbrella Chronicles and the best thing of all is I got it for 25 pounds at Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              me too. Enjoyed stage 1 of op javier, like the banter between Leon and Krauser. Camera seems fine so far.
              The camera was the only real problem I had with the game. There is a lot of things that I need to unlock so I going threw the game again using the other partner.

Comment

I had issues with the shakey camera and aiming. Made things rather suck. Then there was the cheap spamming bosses:

Spoiler:

Comment

Just got a Wii today, cant wait to get this game!

Comment

Working...
                  X