I took a look at the back of Hot Toy's Wesker box and saw something weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took a look at the back of Hot Toy's Wesker box and saw something weird

I'm talking about the 12 inch Wesker figurine (midnight version). I'll keep it short as much as possible.

So I saw the figurine in a shop and took a look at the back of the box, which contain a background description of Wesker. It all went well until the part where it says "exposed to t-virus"...

You know where I'm heading. While its normal for a figurine box to contain error in the description, it comes a bit weird as they have paid a lot of attention to the accuracy of the figurine yet still made such a simple (and big) mistake. Furthermore, the game it was based on (RE5) didn't mention anything about the name of the Wesker's virus. Wouldn't the writer at least read up the file description in RE5 itself for research purpose?

The only source which says Wesker virus = T virus originate from a timeline guide written by a game mag (Gamepro I believe) few years back before Capcom USA copy-pasted it on their official RE site. I believe sourcing that issue of that game mag will be pretty hard now, not to mention that I think Capcom USA have taken the timeline down for a while.

Its weird how every other sources didn't mention the name of Wesker's virus so the chance of the writer for the description to make that error is pretty slim. I mean, I believe its more than a convenient if the only research he have done is based on that timeline.

And then RE DSC came along and agree with the Wesker's virus = t-virus thing.

Is Capcom slowly and silently saying that Wesker's virus is a t or at least a t-variant? or am I overthinking about the whole thing?

Yeah, that does seem odd.

I'd hope that it doesn't start to paint the picture of Wesker being infected with the T-virus, since that would make absolutely no sense at all. I believe since there's no official name for Wesker's virus, they just simply write it off as the T-virus instead of "some virus", since that would probably look tacky.

Comment

The T-virus crap was added into DSC by the localization. Its not mentioned in his biography in the Japanese text.

Lovely how they let this shit happen though. They really don't care.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'm starting to think we care too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Ha yea me too, old habits die hard.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            They really don't care.
            Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            I think you're both right.

Comment

Working...
            X