Outbreak glitch - GH version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outbreak glitch - GH version

Can anyone please confirm the Alyssa ad-lib freezing glitch doesn't occur in the Greatest Hits version of the game?
    Thanks in advance.

@whysleep - I've tried 3 different versions of Outbreak, and they all crash with Alyssa. The versions are as follows:

SLUS_20765 - Initial (crash/fail)
    SLUS-20765GH - Greatest Hits (crash/fail)
    SLUS_20765P3 - Initial Reprint (crash/fail)

For record, I installed each version on an official Sony HDD, in a SCPH-50001 - none of which were an improvment/appeared to have any bugfixes.

When the servers were still online, however, I was told by various people that the Alyssa-bug was gone, that it only existed in Offline Mode with the original Initial-release disc. I have no proof of this, obviously, as I had already lost interest playing Outbreak online, at the time.

Does anyone know of a version which you can play offline with Alyssa, bug-free?
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I believe the PAL version addressed the issue.

As for the 3 versions there, if the SLUS ID (as seen on the disc when browsing it) are identical for all 3, then they're the same and should not contain any data differences. A simple crc check of all files should verify this. All games that have had data changes to them on a reprint are to receive a new catalog number.

I know the Japanese version (which never had this problem) had a v1.01 patch that you had to download to play online... I guess it might be possible that the US version had a similar patch (that patch might be a bitch to obtain now. So if someone has a memory card they used for online play on the US servers right before shutdown - feel free to lend it to someone who may try to identify and extract the patch data for archival reasons )

If memory serves me right, the issue is a fairly simple one. One of Alyssa's adlibs has a length issue in the subtitles, 'causing an overflow when it prints on screen during certain scenes (though, I only recall it being an issue in the second half of the opening scenario.) Shouldn't be very hard to make a simple fix for it (if no one's made one already). It would of course require you to be able to make an ISO -> Patch it -> Burn it -> Boot it

Comment

i've never had any problems with alyssa :/
        sigpic

Comment

It happens if she ad libs right after the tanker has blown. "Normally, I'd sue." "But somehow, I doubt they'd obey the subpoena." *freezes*

Comment

After the truck? I was almost certain you could trigger it as early as before you even reach it (after jumping rooftops and getting down on street level + triggering the cop cutscene/timer)
            Last edited by Carnivol; 12-07-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

i'll have to check that out

do you have to be playing as alyssa? cause she isnt any of the default characters, i keep getting stuck with kevin in that gib black guy :/ mark or something
              Last edited by Itashious_boy; 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whysleep View Post
                Can anyone please confirm the Alyssa ad-lib freezing glitch doesn't occur in the Greatest Hits version of the game?
                Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                I've tried 3 different versions of Outbreak, and they all crash with Alyssa.
                Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                One of Alyssa's adlibs has a length issue in the subtitles
                (though, I only recall it being an issue in the second half of the opening scenario.)
                Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
                i've never had any problems with alyssa :/
                Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                It happens if she ad libs right after the tanker has blown. "Normally, I'd sue." "But somehow, I doubt they'd obey the subpoena." *freezes*
                After the truck? I was almost certain you could trigger it as early as before you even reach it (after jumping rooftops and getting down on street level + triggering the cop cutscene/timer)
                do you have to be playing as alyssa? cause she isnt any of the default characters
                It's not rocket science, is it? You know... reading posts (incl. your own) and doing the math.

Comment

He was asking if Alyssa could show up as an AI partner.

Comment

It's not rocket science, is it? You know... reading posts (incl. your own) and doing the math.
                    i read EVERY post in a thread im active in mr jack. its just that they never said anything about playing as alyssa all they say is that she glitches

wel anyway just for you guys i put it to a test on my version, its no GH and i even recorded it, im uploading it to youtube as we speak, expect a link soon
                    Last edited by Itashious_boy; 12-07-2009, 11:36 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                      He was asking if Alyssa could show up as an AI partner.
                      No. I dunno if this is as attempt at trolling or sheer stupidity, but let's roll with that ambiguity and just cut to what matters;
                      There was only one question and that was this one;

do you have to be playing as alyssa?
                      i read EVERY post in a thread im active in mr jack. its just that they never said anything about playing as alyssa all they say is that she glitches
                      Let's recap the bottom of the first reply, one more time:

then recap your own observation:

she isnt any of the default characters
                      Wasn't that a clear enough indication for you?

Comment

:/ you sound like stu now

Check out my myspacehttp://myspace.com/itashious_the_re_fanboyTHIAhttp://The-Horror.comhttp://ZamZar.com/urlThis has been a Product of iTash productionsI Rec...
                        sigpic

Comment

hahaha the same Stu that's trying to help you in your other thread?

Comment

He was asking if Alyssa could show up as an AI partner
                            Either way, I believe VirusPunk made some AR/CB cheats which allows one to set their own AI partners...
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

No. I dunno if this is as attempt at trolling or sheer stupidity,
                              Sorry for editing this out. But dude, I still think you've over reacted and misinterpreted his question. You're rude for no reason and I'm gonna leave it at that.
                              Last edited by The_15th; 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X