No announcement yet.

RE3 on US PSN, RE5 Awarded in Playstation Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't port it to PS3, its emulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      They don't port it to PS3, its emulated.
      I 2nd that.
      I had Re2 on Playstation 1, many years back.
      Playing Resident Evil 2 on the PSP, it runs/plays EXACTLY the same, it's emulated.. it's an exact copy of the original PS1 disc, I know that because it says it right on the download page XD

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Ignoring the fanboyism between PS3 and 360, anyone got any advice for hooking up a US PSN account?
        There are lots of guides online, just do a search. Or just create a new account, choosing US as your region and make up an address but include a real postcode (again you can look one up online).
        To buy stuff, you will need to get a US PSN card. Check ebay.
        Or if you check the news post about RE2 on PSN, you'll see us discussing how you can buy a US account with money already on it...
        This sucks that they don't have these games for download on the 360
        Yes, how dare they not release Playstation classics on the 360!
        What is the world coming to?!

I can't believe any passionate RE fan would not have:
        1) a PS2 and/or PS3 for the 4 classic games, RE4, 3 Gun Survivor games and 2 Outbreak games.
        AND
        2) a GC and/or Wii for the 4 classic games, RE4, REmake, Zero, UC and DSC.
        If you only have a 360, then you are currently enjoying a single RE game. In other words, you are one seriously deprived Resident Evil fan!

Anyhoo, on topic.
        I gave the RE3 download a test drive on PS3 today.
        Plays GREAT! Really smooth and looks fantastic!
        It certainly looks a bit better than I remember it looking on the PS1 disk. The backgrounds are lovely (like the RE2 download, they seem slightly better)
        It could be a combination of the PS3 smoothing technology (although, I can't get the disc versions to look quite as good, even on the PS3 with 'smoothing' on) and also the way that all of the PSN downloads use more of the screen. The disc versions are the standard 4:3 but the downloads are halfway between 4:3 and 16:9.
        And the RE3 FMV movies look a lot better than the GC version.

This is a must buy for anyone with a PS3 or PSP. $6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
          Here comes the C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER. Castlevania SoTN had two versions, the PS1 version is considered by many to be incomplete since it lacked some of the features of the other version. It might of been Sega Saturn, I don't remember. The PS1 classic version is the original inferious version, the one on the Xbox360 (and included in the PSP game) are the better ones.
          That's all well and wonderful...but it doesn't exactly counteract what i said in the first place? I said it was a PS1 classic, i didn't say it was EXCLUSIVE a PS1 classic, did? No that's right, i didn't. So yeah, try again!

Aside from Resident Evil 5, Microsoft never had any Resident Evil games. So whoever said keep the Playstation Classics on Playstation only was deadon. Plus the fact these are direct ports of their playstation version games. They would have to change a few things around to make them playable on the 360. Because you know, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 use different parts and operating system. Didn't know that? Well do your research next time brah.
          I actually think you just like to type for the sake of it. I mean...really? They'd have to "change a few things around"? Really? I mean, the idea of a video game developer having to "change a few things around"? That's just mindboggling, and almost out of the question...especially for the likes of Capcom!

Like i say, try again.

It's laughable that anyone could possibly think that Capcom porting ANY game to ANY system would be so out of the question.
          Last edited by Stu; 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Aside from Resident Evil 5, Microsoft never had any Resident Evil games. So whoever said keep the Playstation Classics on Playstation only was deadon..
            They ported RE1 to the DS, PC, Gameboy Color (cancelled) and Sega Saturn of all things, RE2 N64, PC and they had a build for the GBA that was scrapped, Code: Veronica originated on the DC and then was ported to the PS2/GC... I would talk about RE0, but that's... well, no, it was still technically a "classic" since it was gonna be on the N64. So that never made it onto a Playstation system to begin with. They shouldn't really have a problem porting it to a 360.

I'd still download it on my PS3 though. (*has all three systems and doesn't really care about the console wars* Each system has its ups and downs, people. )
            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

People aren't understanding the process here, especially Big Stu. TECHNICALLY speaking, the games aren't ported. They are emulated copies of the exact same game that was on the Sony Playstation disc. You used a bad example with Castlevania and I called you on that. To run them as they are on an Xbox 360 or hell even a Wii, they would need to put into their system the emulator that the PS3 and PSP use. I am fairly sure Sony might not want to do that.

Could ANOTHER version of the game be released on Xbox? Sure why not. I mean it was released on the PC and GCN, so its plausible however the discussion was about this release. Capcom had little to do with this release, aside from giving the go ahead. It was made possible by those that run Sony. Don't hold your breath for an Xbox release of any of these games, having to go to Capcom to get permission, change some formats around, etc etc is really not worth the effort. They are 10+ year old games, not something that those at Microsoft think there is a big market for.

Comment

People aren't understanding the process here, especially Big Stu. TECHNICALLY speaking, the games aren't ported. They are emulated copies of the exact same game that was on the Sony Playstation disc.
                Especially me? aaw i'm flattered <3

But yeah....Who DOESN'T understand? You select the game, and the process is exactly the same as if you were running it through a PS1. We get that.

You used a bad example with Castlevania and I called you on that.
                No, the example was adequate thanks. It's a game that was on PS1, that made it's way to 360. Irrefutable sorry!

To run them as they are on an Xbox 360 or hell even a Wii, they would need to put into their system the emulator that the PS3 and PSP use. I am fairly sure Sony might not want to do that.
                Who really gives a shit what Sony might want to do with Capcom's game?

Don't hold your breath for an Xbox release of any of these games,
                Way to jump to assumptions. No one is holding their breath, they're making a case for the possibility of it happening, that's all.

Comment

Nice to see these games being released. I still own my copies and really enjoyed playing RE 3 on my Gamecube the most.

Comment

Working...
                  X