Next Stop, Resident Evil Portable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Stop, Resident Evil Portable!

Now that RE5 and DSC have been released, and RE5: AE is just some extras that will be released pretty soon, what's next for Resident Evil? Most likely Resident Evil Portable!

1. If the game requires PSP Go, would you buy it?
    2. How excited are you for the next Resident Evil game?
    3. Are you glad that RE5/DSC is behind us now?
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

I'm surprised nobody has made a topic on this, now that you brought it back up.

Anyway, this info's been out for a while now, and there has been no released information. Kinda skeptical.

HOWEVER, I remember in an interview with Chris Kramer somewhere in the internet, he stated that Bio: Portable "looked nothing like previous games". So, this means that it's still at least in some development. Though, this interview is quite old, maybe surfacing just a little after Bio: Portable was announced.

I hope it's still in development, as I see ZOMBIES ON THAT PIC!!!

*I'm jumping to conclusions, but I do love 'em so much more than Plaga, so yeah*

Comment

I think it will be an outbreak-type of game, but instead of fixed camera angles that move a little bit, it will probably be completely free in 3D 3rd person.

Comment

who in the hell is stupid enough to pay $250 for a PSP Go. you might as well pay $50 more and get a PS3 that does.... shit tons more. the PSP-3000 is the better model.

i think RE for Portable is a bad idea. i don't think its going to turn out that good.
        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
          who in the hell is stupid enough to pay $250 for a PSP Go. you might as well pay $50 more and get a PS3 that does.... shit tons more. the PSP-3000 is the better model.

i think RE for Portable is a bad idea. i don't think its going to turn out that good.
          I really agree with you on just buying a PS3 with $50 more...I can't stress that
          enough.

Also, Resident Evil on a portable is not a bad idea...RE: DS proved it works.
          Plus, I really enjoyed replaying through the PSX-PSP first RE games: RE1, 2 & 3.

I find it easier to pickup and play on a handheld anywhere than being at home
          playing on the console as I barely have time to do so, and if I do I'm with
          friends/my brother beating each other in a fighting game or any other game
          that seems fun to compete at.

I hope this portable game is not a failure in terms of gameplay and replay value.
          Last edited by Kaneco; 12-03-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I don't like the idea of having to buy a new PSP to play this game either. I think it ridiculous, when the real reason I bought the original PSP was because Capcom announced years ago that the PSP would have its own Resident Evil series. I should have waited, but it's too late. If RE Portable is good, then I will be buy it. But we'll see what happens. Maybe we won't need this PSP Go afterall. I personally would rather play it on the big screen TV, and if I'm correct, isn't there a PSP adapter that allows that?

Comment

considering how Sony themselves are seemingly distancing themselves from the GO! with new bundles for the regular PSPs every now and then, I'd say it's a safe bet this game will NOT be a GO! exclusive at all.

Comment

I will not get a PSP Go for this game, but I am excited to see what they can do with it on a UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                  I don't like the idea of having to buy a new PSP to play this game either. I think it ridiculous, when the real reason I bought the original PSP was because Capcom announced years ago that the PSP would have its own Resident Evil series. I should have waited, but it's too late. If RE Portable is good, then I will be buy it. But we'll see what happens. Maybe we won't need this PSP Go afterall. I personally would rather play it on the big screen TV, and if I'm correct, isn't there a PSP adapter that allows that?
                  Yes, you can get an adapter and/or cables to connect it up to play it on your television.

And I do have to agree with A-J, seeing as a fair few retailers have refused to stock the Go it would probably be a normal PSP UMD game. Of course, I hope that they include a memory stick install as I really hate loading screens on my PSP.

I do enjoy playing older games on my PSP and DS as it really does give me something to do on the go, but as for RE PSP - I do hope that it does go back to the series' roots even if it does end up to be more of an Outbreak game than to the style of the older main series.

I wouldn't buy a Go for it, but at the very least they could release it as a download from the PSN compatible with the normal PSP handhelds, I'll be looking forward to it as long as it plays like a normal one and doesn't end up being like one of the Gun Survivors considering we've just had DSC.
                  Last edited by Enetirnel; 12-04-2009, 01:53 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I don't own a PSP but I hope this isn't a Go exclusive (which IMO is a fail waiting to happen because of the lack of UMD transfers).

Anyway, what I would love to see, as speculation is the name of the game, is a gameplay mechanic that breeds classic RE with the action vibe we got lately:

Give us fixed 3rd person perspective for movement and 3rd person over-the-shoulder for aiming and shoot old school zombies. And hunters. And by the love of god, a freaking Tyrant!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      considering how Sony themselves are seemingly distancing themselves from the GO! with new bundles for the regular PSPs every now and then, I'd say it's a safe bet this game will NOT be a GO! exclusive at all.
                      Sorry i havnt been keeping up with things lately. What do you mean by GO?
                      Is that a new PSP console or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                        Sorry i havnt been keeping up with things lately. What do you mean by GO?
                        Is that a new PSP console or something?

Comment

I'm doubting whether this game is actually going to happen.

When this was announced at E3, it was by Sony, near enough just to say "Look at these great games we've got coming!" without even having an end product in sight. Since then we've had Gamecom and TGS, and absolutely NOTHING has been said about it.

Then on Unity, when someone asked if Portable was going to be shown off soon...
                          Originally posted by [url=http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/20246325/When_we_will_see_more_of_Resident_Evil_PSP&post_nu m=6#349223493]Sven[/url]
                          I'm afraid it may be a while. Sorry I can't say more.
                          So yeah, right now i don't have any hope in this title appearing at all...DMCSP all over again.

If it does happen though...

Firstly, i don't think anymore that we'll be in Raccoon City for the game (that one promo image could be ANYWHERE). Leon, Claire, Jill & Carlos have already battled us through that one, i'm not so sure we need to revisit it again. We know bioterrorism has gone on to become a huge market since Raccoon City, so i'd like to see another, smaller scale outbreak at a "Silent Hill-esque" town or village.

As for characters, i don't think Capcom would want to create new characters, the series is already full of largely irrelevant characters as it is! So it'd be nice if they just used characters that we already have in the series. Would make perfect sense for me if they gave Barry and Rebecca the starring roles, it'd also keep a lot of the core community happy as well if they were given the spotlight for once. Throw in a few cameos from the likes of Carlos and the UBCS squad too perhaps.

For the story, i'm hoping we get some vintage exploration. Exploring the game at ground level, before unearthing countless labs and experiments underground. I would like to have some Umbrella involvement in the game, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get some random terrorist faction to be honest.

Most of all though i hope the game's going to offer a great deal to the series canon, not just some instantly forgettable story that we can all forget about as soon as the final credits roll.

All of that said though, it won't be a surprise to me at all if we ended up with Outbreak File 3

who in the hell is stupid enough to pay $250 for a PSP Go.
                          People stupid enough to realise you can get it a lot cheaper if you shop around?

Any reason for thinking so? Or is it JUST because it's on PSP?
                          Last edited by Stu; 12-04-2009, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I hope it gets ported to a console. Then again, it doesn't interest me because it
                            seems that no Jpn version has been confirmed yet, leading me to think that it may be developed by Capcom US rather than Capcom Japan.

And that means bad if this is made by Capcom US. I mean, just look at the Silent Hill series.

Comment

I have an older PSP, this better be on a UMD disc. If not, then I won't buy it. I'm interested to see how they will preform this RE game on the PSP.

Comment

Working...
                              X