do you play silent hill alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you play silent hill alone?

after 10 years my friend honestly asked me why i play silent hill alone at night, and i told him the atmosphere and the fact your isolated in a small town.

he says im full of shit.

so does anyone else play the game alone

Tell your friend there's no two player mode anyway, and at night the sun won't make annoying reflections on the screen!

I actually have a friend who watches me play sometimes, he says "it's just like watching a movie". I usually play them alone, though.
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
      he says im full of shit.
      Um, tell your friend to go play SH2 by himself in total darkness for one night. I can assure you he'll take it back.

I always play my SH games alone. Though my friend did watch me play through SH3 once when he slept over. He said it was too scary for him to play.

Comment

Hmmmm.
        My PS1 is in the living room, so I finished Silent Hill 1 with my family doing their business, watching for some seconds, going off to do their own thing, and the parents like "This game is just sick". lol
        The same was for Silent Hill 2, except I first finished it alone, second time with my family around again lol.
        As for 3, I played it on my laptop in the living room with headphones, so no-one really payed attention.
        Origins was on my PSP, around town with my old BFF, and Homecoming was alone.
        So to say, I CAN play and finish them alone, just oddly enough, I don't.

Comment

Yeah, I play my SH games alone...mostly because none of my friends are brave enough to sit around when I'm playing xD

Comment

Silent Hill is the only game I know that has made people get up and walk away from the computer because they can't cope with it anymore. Can't say much more than that. So far the leader in breaking people's sanity is the phone call in Midwhich.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              So far the leader in breaking people's sanity is the phone call in Midwhich.
              Really? I thought that was rather tame compared to some other instances...O_o

Comment

I tend to play every videogame I have alone. Unless I'm specifically playing Multiplayer it annoys the tits off me to play a game with someone watching because they ask stupid questions and distract me and make me really frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
                  Really? I thought that was rather tame compared to some other instances...O_o
                  Yeah, like, y'know.. Walking back into the school and being in the Otherworld for the first time to begin with. >_>;

Comment

I'm not sure why the phone breaks people, but I know at least two it has. In fairness, both people have incredible imaginations, which is part of why I find the game scary...the mundane mixed with the bizare and profane makes it intimidating. And you know there are things out there, some of which you don't see...

Comment

Sure I play Silent Hill alone, I'm the kind of guy that wants optimal creepiness out of these things, I'm getting older.

I wish I could freak out people with SH3, specifically when those screeching things arrive. Talk about sensory overload. Got the same feeling in Toluca Prison in SH2. I love stuff that can pull off disturbing silence and not feel heavy-handed when the noise starts bombarding.

Comment

I always play survival horror games alone as it preserves the atmosphere. If I had my friends around all we'd do is make fun of it, like we do with horror movies

Comment

Silent Hill 1 - Played Alone
                          Silent Hill 2 - Played Alone
                          Silent Hill 3 - Played Alone
                          Silent Hill 4 - Played Alone
                          Silent Hill Origins - Played Alone
                          Silent Hill 5 - Played Alone

Why? Because I have no friends.

I never found Silent Hill to be so terrifying that I couldn't handle it by myself. It could be that I'm desensatised to the whole thing, too oblivious to be
                          terrifed, I know its a game or I'm just too intregued to be terrified. I know I only jump at scares if I know they are coming, which I think is odd. Rest of the time I'm as cool as a cucumber.

Comment

I play them alone at night time, because the sun on the screen irks me quite a lot and because my television is away from everyone else so they can't whine about it being too loud.

It's much easier to take in all game details by myself than having people ask me stupid questions constantly whilst playing, which is why I don't really play games with other people unless I really have to but SH is one that is always by myself.
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Hells yeah, I play alone and in the dark. If you want to up the scary factor play with surround sound or studio head phones. In some parts of the game it will sound like the monster is right behind you. My bro always asks me how I can play these games alone, ha ha. The atmosphere of the game is what makes it great and playing with the lights on or with people in the room takes away from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X