Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition : "Desperate Escape" Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition : "Desperate Escape" Revealed

Seems some times the rumors you hear on the internet turn out to be true. This week's Famitsu magazine reveals the second new story chapter included in Biohazard 5 : Alternative Edition, titled "Desperate Escape". The screens show Jill and Josh fighting Majini in various area's. We well update you as more details are derived. Photos of the scans after the jump. Thanks to himher_elle for the heads up.

*** Update ***

Siliconera have posted up some translated details from the articles as well.

- Josh is playable in Mercenaries Reunion
    - Chris has another new Exo-skeleton costume, also playable in Mercs. Reunion
    - Sheva Office Lady costume, also playable in Mercs Reunion.

*** End Update ***

*** Update 2***

High rez scans of the articles can be seen at the links below courtesy of Biohaze

Page 1 / Page 2

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 12-16-2009, 04:54 AM.

Last edited by A-J; 12-16-2009, 04:13 AM.

Comment

SCANS?! I think you meant photos? haha ;)

Hard to tell much from them unfortunately, people should learn to take the flash off when taking these pictures...or at least take them in decent lighting conditions.

Comment

Jill looks mighty fine on the second page. That render of her is quite alluring.

I'm pleased by what we're seeing so far. Even though I was already excited by this Jill/Josh scenario rumor, the one thing that bothered me was the prospect we'd only visit environments from after chapter 5-3. I'm glad that's not the case, and we're instead (seemingly) going to be exploring some fairly new areas.

Is that a screenshot of Josh in Mercenaries, just adjacent to the Jill render, though? I wouldn't mind him becoming a playable character, but since he's the character waiting for you in the helicopter, how does that make any sense? Unless, of course, he's not the pilot in this new Mercenaries "Reunion" mode.

Also, lol @ "Officelady" for Sheva's business costume.
        Last edited by Bianca; 12-16-2009, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Josh STONE COLD makes his triumphant return! I can't wait to play as him in February. I can't wait to hear his 'Go,' 'Thanks,' 'Wait' and 'C'mon' commands that I'm going to spam the shit out of. I love Josh. He's my homie.

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
          Jill looks mighty fine on the second page. That render of her is quite alluring.
          'Ass-tastic' might be the word you are looking for.
          Last edited by Vector; 12-16-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can sing the praises of Jill's appearance in this game at all, looks like a stricken junky to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              Josh STONE COLD makes his triumphant return! I can't wait to play as him in February. I can't wait to hear his 'Go,' 'Thanks,' 'Wait' and 'C'mon' commands that I'm going to spam the shit out of. I love Josh. He's my homie.
              I'm looking forward to hearing him say "You saved mah ass!" more often.

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
              I'm not sure how anyone can sing the praises of Jill's appearance in this game at all, looks like a stricken junky to me.
              No, I totally agree, which is why I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice she looks in that new render. Well... from what we can see. These "scans" are far from high-quality. But seeing Jill look halfway decent is a nice change from the meth addict look.

Comment

There's another unannounced costume for Chris on the second page by the look of it as well.

Comment

Yes, that's Chris's "Exoskelton" skin(Engrish). Looks pretty...meaty.
                  Last edited by Vector; 12-16-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Oh nice to see the rumors I posted from Revil were right.
                    anyway, this DLC is turning to be better than I expected, now I only need 2 Jill new custumes and I'll be 100% satisfied.

Comment

I'm not happy until I see new Wesker costumes. I mean this DLC is all about fanservice. It's not fair that Jill gets all the attention (JK )
                      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 12-16-2009, 02:21 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

"DES DO DIS!"

'Ass-tastic' might be the word you are looking for.
                        They need to add the DLC to PC for users to snap pure screenshots....>_>
                        Last edited by BBboy20; 12-16-2009, 02:35 AM.

Comment

silicon era has more details

josh is playable in mercs reunion, and yes that is indeed a new exoskeleton costume for Chris.

Comment

OH my god!! Jill looks freakin'n AWSOME!
                            Go Jill! Go Jill!

I hope you can finally show us your bomb expert skills and blow up the entire facility !!
                            That way she can still have a major part in this game by erasing/blowing the root of all this viral mess: the Damn temple ruins!

But still I wonder where Wesker's secret office is located: i mean the office he used in RE4 and at the end of REUC to input the Red Queen data in his computers...humm
                            IF it was located in the African facility it would be cool to enter it! But i doubt it is even there.
                            Either way that DATA is still out there and that is a danger with or without Wesker!

Here's hoping for a cool final boss on her level. Go Uroboros Nemesis lol just kiddin' ;)
                            Last edited by Revultraknight; 12-16-2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!! id hate so see a uroboros Nemesis lol although i gues in a way it wouldnt be so weird as he is made from a parasite.

Im hoping we get jills RE3 costume for mercs! that would be awsome.
                              Im still really interested to see what enemies we will have for the mansion scenario as i have only seen puzzles in the adverts.

Comment

Working...
                              X