True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Jesus...you're like a broken record. "Jill's the best!" "If Capcom kills Jill...the Resident Evil series is dead to me!" "Everything BUT Jill sucks!" "Waaaahhhh!"

You've posted on this site over 800 times. How many posts are you crying about Jill? She's fake. She's not real. Get over it.

Chris was joking with Jill. YES, he was trying to brush her off, as he was still unsure about the events that had transpired. Besides...the machismo, the Cobra...Chris in this story is the Japanese-perceived stereotype of the tough, badass Gaijin. This story itself is bad fanfic at best, even if it is considered canon by Capcom.
    wow. you have a bad day or something boob? or do you just hate me?

im not crying over Jill, i was merely expressing my distaste for Chris's attitude towards everybody in this story, is that such a crime? besides, he wasn't just rude to Jill, he was rude to Rebecca with the comment about her piano playing skills, i don't like people like that, there assholes,

"Everything BUT Jill sucks! Waaaahhhh"

seriously? have i ever said that? i don't think so.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post

We know, we know. You constantly cry about anyone that is not Jill.

But guess what....have you seen the scenarios in RE1, where Chris & Jill hug in the prison cell? The ending where Brad is landing the chopper, and Chris shields Jill's body with his own...he is awful protective of her. The RE1 ending where only Jill & Barry escape - where Jill's actions and statement indicate she cares deeply for Chris? The ending where Jill rests on Chris while they hold hands (PS1 RE1)? Or perhaps you've seen Jill's epilogue in RE3 where she states that she'll tirelessly search for Chris until she finds him? Or maybe you've seen the plot device for RE5...Jill's tombstone - the thing that drives Chris the most.

You may despise Chris, but Jill certainly doesn't. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!
    i know Jill does not despise Chris, and it's evident in the story as well, she was showing care for Chris and wanting to know what was wrong, and wanted to help him, then he was rude to her, and she was still nice to him.

what's your problem with me?

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    That's rich...a guy with a screen name wishing death upon Paul Anderson is telling me that I am overdoing it.

Here you go:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

By the way...you should cut back on the run-on sentences. Also, I don't seem to be the only one that thinks "missvalentine" is a one trick pony. Time to make some glue!
    your insultig his name, yet your named after Jill's chest.

one tricky pony? what is that supossed to mean?

anyways, sorry if i offended you boob, but i will state my opinions when i please.

Comment

• ^Just forget about it. Have your fun. I just think you overreact about things concerning Jill, and your bias for her is sometimes overwhelming. But, I guess you just really, really love Jill.

I was on an extended hiatus from message boarding, and I'm going on another one. I've already been spoiled enough as it is with the storyline for this game. February is my time to ignore all the upcoming revelations.

Sorry this topic has gotten sidetracked. Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        ^Just forget about it. Have your fun. I just think you overreact about things concerning Jill, and your bias for her is sometimes overwhelming. But, I guess you just really, really love Jill.

I was on an extended hiatus from message boarding, and I'm going on another one. I've already been spoiled enough as it is with the storyline for this game. February is my time to ignore all the upcoming revelations.

Sorry this topic has gotten sidetracked. Peace.
        i enjoy talking about her, that's why.

i was not aware that it annoys people though sometimes, sorry boob.

anyways, back on topic, i still don't know if this is canon or not, cause if Chris had seen the dog, then wouldn't he have recognized them later when he saw them again in RE1's beginning? or wouldn't he have said, "hay, last time i was out there in the forest, i saw a huge monster, i should bring more than just a knife with me on this dangerous mission" it doesn't make sense.

Comment

• For fuck's sake. Well, don't say I didn't warn you boys and girls. Let's play the punishment game instead of listening to the easily annoyed mod.

Comment

• I've read the Re1 and 2 S.D. Perry books and am now reading Nemesis, So far they have definatley been worth the read. Depends how much you know about the franchise if you dont know much yeah it will explain alot if your up to date with the series you still get a few new things so yeah definatley worth the read mate. I dont hate Chris just thought he was abit of a cocky arrogant dick in this story. Also in the Viral Campagin vids he's an ass, they never really gave much to his character nothing to do with him just Capcom cant write for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanOlive07
              Do any of the RE Perry novels read like this by any chance? Do they give some insight into events in the RE timeline and can they be considered canon? Just reading this translation makes me want to read up on more Resident Evil literature.
              No, they're not canon and any information you get from them needs to be taken with a fair pinch of salt. Essentially, the author may have got some behind the scenes info from Capcom but she probably made a lot up as well, so it's not something you can trust unless you can confirm it.

For example, her version of Jill is the daughter of a thief and an ex-cat burglar, hence why she can pick locks. In the canon she's an ex-member of Delta Force instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                Just looking at the quality on the opening sentence speaks volumes as to the care that was (or rather wasn't) taken:

"Whenever the phone rings in the middle of the night. I know someone's dead who wasn't dead the day before."

Thats just..really random and bad.
                lol that's hilariosly bad dialoge, it's like RE1's voice acting, i would love to get a copy of the english version just to see more RE1 style corny dialoge.

Comment

• I was under the impression that his being a dick in the book was a result of his failing to properly cope with the events that had transpired around him.

Anyway. It's good to here that the project's going to be picking up the pace. One chapter a year was a bit too long a wait for me.

Comment

• Hey dot, how long must we wait till we can read the next chapters? Thanks for the hard work from all involved, it is a wonder for RE fans

Comment

• Gotta check in with Carn. He's doing a once over on the whole thing now, so when he gives it back I can start making the pages.

The whole things been re-checked, and errors have been fixed. So we'll be republishing the whole thing from scratch again.

Comment

• thanks for the reply, and for the work put in it.

Comment

• Yeah. I'm in the midst of doing a full pass on the entire thing. It's going a bit slow, as the rest of the guys like to distract me a lot + oddly enough, since I've currently don't have too much work to do these days I'm spending my time reading a lot of random educational stuff and stuff (out of boredom), which oddly enough takes a lot of energy (wow! Who would've thought "not working" could eat away your energy?)

Anyway, It shouldn't be long until I've gone through the entire thing. If you're wondering why we're going back to the start; it's because there was some rather... awkward lines (even a couple of odd mistakes) that snuck themselves in, 'cause they were somehow missed in the initial proofreading (think we were just very eager to put things up online or something). Also, stuff in the Japanese version of the book has been checked up against the Japanese text in the games. This we're doing to so we can what the English versions of the games had. Enabling us to make sure that terms/translations are consistent with official English works.

Hope this is not making it sound like it's gonna be the most epic project ever, but it's just to give you an idea of how much effort we've felt like putting into things (You know... just to get it "right" in a way that we're happy with and somewhat proud of)

Comment

• Great to hear that guys, can't wait. And thanks for the good work
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• Dot says:
                              Rumor has it that soon after the release Capcom began recalling the books from store shelves for unknown reasons. Its estimated that a large number of books however are still in circulation however the exact amount of which is unknown. It should be noted that the books themselves have stamped numbers identifying their unique line in the production. Another rumor which persists relates to the Biohazard game that was packed in with the book. Sources say that the game was a modified version which contained more shots during the opening FMV sequence as well as some other longer FMV sequences throughout the game. This rumor however is unsubstantiated, so please bear that in mind. Unfortunately this is all I can gather based on the book at this time. Its very hard tracking someone down who is currently in the community who has knowledge of such an old release.
                              Sorry to bring 'this' up again but I also have heard rumors...

Re: the Saturn Biohazard Hong Kong release (a limited collector's version)
                              Rumored to contain:
                              TRUE STORY BEHIND BIOHAZARD with extra pages.
                              'Doom Book 1' with additional pages from Trevor's Diary (different to Trevor's notes).
                              Cardboard cover.
                              This version had lots of Cantonese newly written material, written by a Chinese dude. It was never released by Capcom Japan but was allowed in the HK version.
                              The game contained 'REAL SURVIVAL MODE'. A director's cut type mode with extra cut scenes and live action that only ever appeared in this version.
                              Possibly 'Bio Hazard Director’s Cut Limited disc', Copyrighted by Capcom/Virgin interactive & game one.

Also I'm not sure if it's the same thing but have you heard about a 'Cantonese Hong Kong comic edition'?
                              And a 'Doom Book 2' which was sold separately?

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just throwing it out there and have no proof for or against.
                              Because of my keen interest in the HK comics and HK Biohazard collectibles, this grabbed my attention. Capcom did indeed allow the release of a number of things inside HK that were never approved or released in other parts of the world (including Japan), so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility...

Comment

• Yeah, that guy was here for a short while. I'm not sure if he was banned or he just left but whatever he was saying was total bullshit. Even if there was a modified version, it would have been fan made. Capcom wouldn't publish a separate version with different files like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X