No announcement yet.

True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But you said that there may have been a first version that was released in Japan but was quickly removed from the shelves and replaced with the version we now know.
    I figured that 'maybe' that first version was the one also sold in HK... (if such an alternate version does exist).

I found this being sold. It dosn't come with any book or extras but it states that it's the "First Edition/Release" of the game.
    I havn't seen that red diamond thingy on the cover before (but I havn't been researching this for long). Could this be one of the rare versions?
    If not, do you have any pics of the very first release?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Those are stickers, usually.

Comment

• Hi, im new here and im a huge fan of RE/BH and i got a question how many chapters are there in this book?

Comment

• Seven chapters, not including Trevor's Notes and the Shinji Mikami interview.
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• True story behind biohazard book

The limited printed edition of true story behind biohazard was the version that DOT50CAL described, it could have been shipped from Hong Kong or Bangkok, Thailand, and this special printed version did not have the removable blue & red cover like the Japanese jacket. It was printed on with a REVERSED GOLDEN EAGLE RIGHT FACED, not LEFT (the logo was uneven) and no CAPCOM LOGO on FRONT package or BACK. Also contained extra pages that were printed between the “Biohazard the beginning” and the “Words from producers on the game bio hazard” this artwork contained added information on STARS tactics on how they would operate on a mission example STARS – MANOEUVRES and STARS –ATTACK. Not very interesting but still a collectable for all. It contained a few pages of examples of STARS OPERATIONS TACTICS of this (note the pages were cropped wrong & in B&W) It contained orange & red, instead of yellow & white colouring in the pictures of the book “Biohazard the beginning” It contained some alternative artwork added to “Trevor notes” or maybe it was the story was extended. These issues all contained STAMPS on the FRONT or BACK of the book. I am not sure where from, but it had Asian pressed ink writing stamped on it. It had a date labelled 7.23.97, the game was released on the 7.24.97 in Japan.
            Last edited by chris26; 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• 2 days before the official release, I smell BS.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Those STARS tactics pages sound like the ones out of Inside of Bio-Hazard. (This book)
                sigpic

Comment

• Please, show me some pictures, I have never seen this inside of biohazard book version before, maybe they re-released those pages!

Comment

• I read up on the Inside of biohazard book sold on eBay, I just asked a seller if it contains those pages, still waiting for an answer. The book is a Japanese player’s guide for Resident Evil Director's Cut.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• This is part of one of the pages. There are a few more like this.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for that info, but I have sketched up a version to show you, how I remembered seeing those pages, they were more diagrams, but i don't remember them all so please just bear that in mind.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by chris26; 05-02-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• There seem to be a lot of differences with REmake Chris' profile, though I haven't read chapters 5~7. And since this events are not depicted in any timeline on later releases, would this now be consider semi-canon as the RE UC or RE DC, or not canon at all?

And by the other side, will be the full translation uploaded once the RE1 section is online?

Comment

• Yeah, thats the plan Ridley

I would probably say a lot of the later chapters, and I guess the whole story at this point, are non-canon. But its worth mentioning some of the things in a timeline. But the central plot (Chris looking for Billy) really contradicts the events in the game. Towards the end, Chris and Jill encounter Hunters, Zombies and Yawn in the forest and area surrounding the mansion.

Given Jill's reaction to the first zombie, I'd say that its disqualified.

Comment

• What happened to this project is it still being translated I was enjoying reading this. Anyone have an update?

Comment

• I think it's still awaiting Bjorn's tender ministrations, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X