No announcement yet.

True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, maybe it will be a good cliffhanger lol.

Comment

Er whoops I meant to say that Chapter 2 is done, It just happens to end on the left side page, so the right side (where Chapter 3's start would be) is blank since its not done yet.

Comment

I was just reading Trevor's Notes (it's been awhile). It says he saw Plant 42 in 1967? That can't be true can it? And why does it take him 10 days to navigate the mansion after escaping from that room? You can go through it in a few minutes lol. And why would he end up in that room with the tombstone, he would have to travel through the kitchen right? Yet he says he hasn't food or water for days, should of just made a sandwich or something. Must of been written way before the game was made, or the mansion changed it's design over the years or something.

Comment

The Trevor's Notes were planned to be in the game but they were removed before it was released; in fact they are in the trial ver of the RE1. Maybe the developers wanna change the background history of the mansion for a recent outbreak, insteed of a long time outbreak like the Notes states... well that's just my guess.

Comment

Yes, the Trevor Notes are full of holes. My best guess is that 1) the plant he encounters is not the same Plant 42 but is just very similar and 2) the geometry of the mansion in 1976 combined with delirium was the cause of the paniced and ill acted escape. Otherwise its clearly a miscommunication of geometry and dates by Capcom's staff. Wouldn't be the first time, just try examining the Progenitor's date of creation ;).

Comment

Anyone here think I should maybe go back and phrase some of the text a bit better? It seems a bit hard to read.

Comment

Really? I didn't have a problem while reading it. But hmm.. I know this isn't helpful but if you want. I just didn't have a problem.

Comment

It helps ;) Its just that while I was reading through some of this it doesn't flow as well as say a novel by a professional writer.

Comment

Well yea, but it's Resident Evil. I mean even in the games some of the text didn't flow as nicely as say Slaughterhouse Five but it does give it that distinctive you know (couldn't come up with the word).

Comment

Looks fine. What you should worry about is the feature pages having no background for the text.

Comment

Yeah, like I said the content pages were designed with the old design in mind, that wasnt a problem before but it obviously is now. Ill have to correct those by hand, so it will take a while for me to get to it

Comment

So, is chapter 2 going to be uploaded? I've always wanted to read this story (I really like reading RE stories even if they end up being non-canon) and chapter 1 was quite good!

Thanks
                          Last edited by delage; 08-11-2007, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Soon

Comment

Call me stupid, but have you tried scanning in the book to your computer using some text recognition software and then try slapping it through some translation software?

Comment

Wouldnt do the job nearly as good. Anyone could do that really, but why offer crap when THIA can offer the best, even if it takes a little more time?

Comment

Working...
                                X