No announcement yet.

True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill get on Bjorn about to today, hopefully he isn't too busy. Sorry for the delays.

Edit: Hes working on POKEMON stuff (lol) for the time being, but he will begin work again. It seems he lost the Chapter 3 file he was working on, so He'll have to start from scratch on it.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-20-2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Should help original url http://tiger-w.hp.infoseek.co.jp/bio/chapter.htm if you want to translate it with something like babelfish.
      Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-27-2007, 07:46 AM.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Like Dot said, machine translation pales in comparison to human translation. So I don't know why you even bothered to link two well-known and hardly accurate translation programs. =P
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
          Like Dot said, machine translation pales in comparison to human translation. So I don't know why you even bothered to link two well-known and hardly accurate translation programs. =P
          Well maybe we can find some better online translators or software then fill in the gaps it's better than nothing at all at least you can get the jist of the story even if it's broken, ohh and I only linked to one translator I only mentioned babelfish http://tiger-w.hp.infoseek.co.jp/bio/chapter.htm contains the story typed in Japanese.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-28-2007, 02:24 AM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by chris26; 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [URL=http://www.the-horror.com/forums/member.php?u=749]chris26[/url]
              Long piece of something considered rude
              While we ofcourse appreciate the thought of wanting to let people finish reading the book right away. I have to point out that posting this in here is something that can be considered very rude in many ways.

To some it might not be very easy to see this right away, but I'll list up a little ABC of why this is considered wrong:

A: You're posting someone else's translation effort without crediting the translator and/or source of this translation. For those unaware of it, this is a translation that has been available online for quite some time now.

B: You're posting it in the feature archive for the topic that is currently set-up for the ongoing translation project that has been funded by this very community (and members of other BioHazard/Resident Evil communities) to have a professional from-the-translation-industry translator handle the "from the ground and up" re-translation.

C: You're posting a very long wall-of-text post without any type of warning or indication of you doing so.
              Last edited by Carnivol; 02-16-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Last edited by chris26; 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Well, if it's translated from a Chinese copy, then you're working with an intermediate language which is never really good unless there are alterations that for some reason are "worth it". (You know how localizations often fiddle around with content to better suit their local market. The thing people oddly enough often frown upon when a game is released in English, but seem to be perfectly fine with when happens between other languages...)

Anyway, the translation you posted there is of rather poor quality in several ways. :/

Comment

Chapter 3 will be hitting today. Its titled "Special Forces Unit STARS".
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-17-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Chapter 3 is up now

Comment

wow!!!! awesome!!! yay THIA!!!!
                        Last edited by RE-Hiro; 02-17-2008, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Was waiting impatiently for this! Thank you!

Comment

thanks a lot! awesome reading material!

Comment

That´s an awesome work. Thanks!

Comment

How come I never noticed this feature before? Great work, quite an interesting read!

Comment

Working...
                                X